How should I handle my next review of Odyssey?

Help Me Prepare For My Upcoming Review.  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Wrapped Up An Odyssey cruise, now headed to Tuscany. Do you want me to detail the whole trip like I normally do or just stick to the cruise week?

• Stick to the cruise week, the website is about cruising, not your vacation in brief
    • Give us the pre and post trip, many of us are planning to do the same thing and it might be helpful
    • Your reviews aren't my cup of tea, so I could care less.
    • I'm fine either way, I'm just mad you're going to make us wait another week before you get started.

We wrapped up our cruise on Odyssey this Sunday.

I usually write a day by day review after I get home, but this trip, we're still in Italy for another week.   We spent a week in Paris before the cruise too.

Should I just  start reviewing the week onboard now, or wait until I get home and do everything?   

• Like 1

Please start writing NOW!!  You’re a talented writer and we all get great info!  Going on Odyssey Sept 19.  Was on in March with my son as a delayed graduation present.   Will be interested in comparing my notes to yours!

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, hotsauce126 said:

Personally I skip every post in reviews until the person actually gets on the ship

Same here. I’m interested in the cruise info and not what went on before.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

I usually write a day by day review after I get home, but this trip, we're still in Italy for another week.   We spent a week in Paris before the cruise too.

Should I just  start reviewing the week onboard now, or wait until I get home and do everything?   

A day or two is ok, but not an extended trip

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

Personally I skip every post in reviews until the person actually gets on the ship

1 hour ago, OZ. said:

Same here. I’m interested in the cruise info and not what went on before.

Me three. 

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

A day or two is ok, but not an extended trip

That's what I was thinking... 1 longer pre cruise post  and 1 longer post cruise post.   people can skip if they aren't interested, but it will help those planning pre and post cruise stops like we did.

• Like 6

How about a happy medium? 

For now, write a brief report on the cruise.....ONE paragraph outlining your overall opinion of the cruise, highs/lows, and activities at each port.   Fill in the details when you get home, when you add info about the rest of the vacation.

My family is just starting to plan our trip that includes Paris pre-cruise, Odyssey from Italy returning to Ft Lauderdale next October. I would greatly appreciate any tips you can provide.  Thanks .... 

10 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

That's what I was thinking... 1 longer pre cruise post  and 1 longer post cruise post.   people can skip if they aren't interested, but it will help those planning pre and post cruise stops like we did.

yes please, I would love to hear about all your travels

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 4:30 PM, RCCL Fan said:

Review everything when you get home, unless you get bored in Italy.😉 I like to see what people do pre- & post- cruise so include as much details are you'd like. Your reviews are always very well written and organized.

If you rather not spend the time doing day-by-day of the Paris & Italy portions, maybe a few posts on each? People can always scroll past if they are not interested.

• Like 1

I am partial to hearing (and writing) about both pre and post cruise experiences (as well as the cruise itself).

Although they might not be the "cruise" themselves, they are all part of the cruise experience - if include the places you have seen before and after, it may provide others with ideas on how to plan their own cruise vacations.

Edited by Travel R
  • Like 3

We are cruising on Odyssey the end of August.  Most of the port reviews are outdated…before COVID and the ship is new.  Therefore, your review and info would surely help with regard to hearing recent experience.   Even piecemeal tidbits are appreciated.   

• Like 2