No more OBC for price drop after final payment?

I found a small price drop on an upcoming cruise. We are past final payment, but I called C&A expecting to get an OBC for the amount of the price drop, as we have done in the past. I was told that since this cruise wasn't booked while "cruise with confidence" was still in effect, there is no adjustment or OBC if there's a price drop after final payment. 

Is the new and I missed it?

Just now, cruisin from florida said:

I found a small price drop on an upcoming cruise. We are past final payment, but I called C&A expecting to get an OBC for the amount of the price drop, as we have done in the past. I was told that since this cruise wasn't booked while "cruise with confidence" was still in effect, there is no adjustment or OBC if there's a price drop after final payment. 

Try calling back and saying "Best Price Guarantee" instead of cruise with confidence... I think the BPG still exists but I can't swear to it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cruisin from florida said:

If you booked prior to March 31, 2022 then the price drops up to 48 hours to sailing will apply.  If booked after March 31'st they won't

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Try calling back and saying "Best Price Guarantee" instead of cruise with confidence... I think the BPG still exists but I can't swear to it.

Yes, but that only applies for 48 hours after booking.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you booked prior to March 31, 2022 then the price drops up to 48 hours to sailing will apply.  If booked after March 31'st they won't

The Cruise with Confidence Best Price Guarantee program allows guests to take advantage of better rates up to 48 hours prior to sail date! Guests must have booked on or before March 31, 2022, for sailings that depart before September 30, 2022 and they can request the difference of their booked rates versus any rate reduction. The difference in pricing will be added to the booking as an onboard credit, inside final payment, and it’ll be applied within 14 business days, and a new confirmation will be generated with the Onboard Credit value.

• Thanks 1

the only good part for me so far, is that since booking in june for my upcoming 10-1 cruise I was able to get a small reduction and cheap upgrade from inside gty to neighbrhood xn.  since that the prices have gone up a little.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
56 minutes ago, allesonwonderland said:

I got a little obc for a small price drop last week, but there was a bigger drop today! Dang it--should've waited. I didn't realize they had done away with it altogether. I guess I now need to treat cruises like I do airline tickets--once you buy, never check the price again!

I don't know how you got OBC, but there's no limit to how often you can reprice.

It looked like there was a price drop from my November 2022 cruise and I was interested in buying up to a better cabin.  When he saw the $4 price drop to my cabin, perhaps he misspoke when he started to offer the $4 refund.  Don't know because I opted for a small additional payment to upgrade to a better cabin. 

15 hours ago, allesonwonderland said:

I got a little obc for a small price drop last week, but there was a bigger drop today! Dang it--should've waited. I didn't realize they had done away with it altogether. I guess I now need to treat cruises like I do airline tickets--once you buy, never check the price again!

Well, that's incorrect.  If it's before final payment, you should keep checking prices since you can take advantage of them.  If it's after final payment, only look IF you are interested in moving up in category. 

2 hours ago, PWP-001 said:

It looked like there was a price drop from my November 2022 cruise and I was interested in buying up to a better cabin.  When he saw the $4 price drop to my cabin, perhaps he misspoke when he started to offer the $4 refund.  Don't know because I opted for a small additional payment to upgrade to a better cabin. 

USD 4??