Fosters is now my favorite beer!!! (On RCL anyway)

1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

Those were the days when the party was more important than your taste buds....

Obviously you are younger than me. When I was in Vietnam, premium beer (like Budweiser) was $3.60 a case (15 cents a can). And the "crap" beer like Carlings was $2.40 a case. (Of course, there were no taxes and the shipping was free....  LOL)

And 3%

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Friends don't let friends drink Foster's 🙂 

^this

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I'm confident no Australian members of CC will have an opinion of Foster's.  Maybe they will.  

we do, we prefer not to be rude though 😁

(awful)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Probably around 1983

Columbia, MO

What you really need to try is use your $13 voucher to buy a pitcher at Playmaker's 

I've spent a sea day NFL Sunday or 3 doing this.   It's only a $5 charge after the voucher and one gets about 4-4.5 pint glasses out of 1 pitcher.  And my server places a baggie full of ice inside the pitcher after he or she pours my first glass to keep it cold.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

So, with the Diamond, Diamond+, and Pinnacle drink vouchers, my go to beer is now Fosters (Oil Can 25oz).

It used to be about number 3 or 4 on my "faves" list but now that I have 5 vouchers per day (Diamond +) for drinks up to $13, it's now #1 on my list!

I even purchased a nice Fosters koozie on Ebay to bring with me on my next cruise to keep it cold while hanging out in the hot tub....

It's like getting 10 drinks instead of 5 (if you like beer like I do).

How long do you hang in the hot tub after drinking a Foster's or two?  

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

How long do you hang in the hot tub after drinking a Foster's or two?  

56 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

One Foster's - half an hour.

Two Foster's - two minutes.

Sounds like d9704011 knows from experience. (I'm assuming drinking two Fosters started before the hot tub visit as I can't fathom drinking two Fosters in two minutes)

11 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

I've spent a sea day NFL Sunday or 3 doing this.   It's only a $5 charge after the voucher and one gets about 4-4.5 pint glasses out of 1 pitcher.  And my server places a baggie full of ice inside the pitcher after he or she pours my first glass to keep it cold.

You had me until the bag of ice

Hello,

I lived in Australia for a whole year, and went back probably three times a year for the next five years. In all that time I only saw Fosters served twice - and both of them to the same person.

Being in Brisbane in rough order of consumption, was XXXX, VB,  Swan & Tooheys.

The last one is interesting. A male student, dressed in a Tu-Tu, did something (I cannot remember what) for which he was prosecuted - though it was only  a minor infringement. Toohey's had a brew that was 2.2 strength so they got the student, in his Tu-tu promoting Toohey's 2.2 bitter.

I cannot vouch for what any of these tasted like - good or bad.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
duplication

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Actually where Laura and I met.

But she 'picked me up' at Fieldhouse.

MIZ....

…ZOU!!! Love the mentions of two familiar establishments where I’ve also spent time at!

My go to beer in the Caribbean is Carib brewed in St. Kitts. Discovered it a few years back. Was able to get it on Explorer back in May.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mizzoucruiser said:

…ZOU!!! Love the mentions of two familiar establishments where I’ve also spent time at!

My go to beer in the Caribbean is Carib brewed in St. Kitts. Discovered it a few years back. Was able to get it on Explorer back in May.

Stop by the Bearded Clam in Nassau. A Missouri graduate is the owner. Lots of Mizzou and SEC stuff decorations

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ret MP said:

And 3%

Which was all they'd serve you in Norfolk 3.2% Bud. The bars on the strip outside the Naval base charged you just a much as 6% the PO3 next to you was drinking.  But you had to drink 2 to keep up and he was making more $ than your lowly Seaman pay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I lived in Australia for a whole year, and went back probably three times a year for the next five years. In all that time I only saw Fosters served twice - and both of them to the same person.

Being in Brisbane in rough order of consumption, was XXXX, VB,  Swan & Tooheys.

Regards,

Cublet

When I was in grad school interning at a steamship lines they had XXXX do a special promotional canning for them.  Needless to say most of it didn't leave the ship, but I had 5 cases stored in my apartment for a couple of weeks.

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Stop by the Bearded Clam in Nassau. A Missouri graduate is the owner. Lots of Mizzou and SEC stuff decorations

The bearded clam reminds me of the late 1960's. There was a Navy SEAL that drew graffiti in bar rest rooms all over the Pacific Islands. I'd walk into a bathroom in Hawaii, Saigon, Guam, Japan or the Philippines and there the same drawing would be right over the urinal.

7 hours ago, mizzoucruiser said:

I always try to have a local beer in each port. What was the name of the St Kitts beer if you can recall? (I couldn't)