Check-in Time, Diamond Plus, Suite Class

I haven't cruised since February and there has been a lot of other travel since then, so I'm just looking for someone to refresh my memory.  I know they are doing staggered scheduled boarding times now.  Does that apply to and do they really stick to it with Diamond Plus and Suite guests? Sailing Allure out of Port Everglades.

Suite guests can check in and  hour before or after their assigned check in times.  Nothing for D+ but some ports will call them to board after Suites and Pinnacles and maybe the Key but not sure about that one.  

• Like 2

We sailed Symphony in May, we were in a suite and suite guest were able to board when they wanted. We did select a time but just showed up and was welcomed. 

We are Diamond Plus but because we were in a suite it did not apply. Not sure how they are handling the tier status.

Cheers! 

If you are in a suite then your CAS level does not matter.  Suites are allowed a one hour deviation from their scheduled arrival time.   

The ability for a suite guest to deviate more than one hour will vary week to week depending when you arrive. 

If you arrive at the suite door during a period of congestion they may look at your time and enforce the one hour rule.  If, when you arrive no one else is queued at the suite door then they may let you deviate from the one hour rule.  YMMV.

From my recent experience (12 cruises from Florida ports) the only “special” line was a separate line for suite guests. For the rest of the passengers,  I have experienced everything from ports not enforcing check-in times to ports strictly enforcing check-in times. On my last several cruises ports (Canaveral and Miami) strictly enforced check-in times. My assumption is this was due to ships sailing at close to full capacity. 

• Like 1

I have been able to board a little earlier through the Suite entry door at Port Everglades. Once you are through the check-in line, and you go upstairs, there is a designated seating area for Suite guests and another area for Diamond Plus. The first to board are Star class, then Suites/Pinnacle/Key, then Diamond Plus. 

• Like 1

Semi-related, my family and I are cruising Aug 6th out of Ft. Lauderdale. We all have a noon check-in time, but my partner and I have a suite while the rest of the family is in balcony rooms. Is it really that much quicker for us to separate and go in the "suite line" or should we just stay with them?

Just now, ohhliveeeeuh said:

Semi-related, my family and I are cruising Aug 6th out of Ft. Lauderdale. We all have a noon check-in time, but my partner and I have a suite while the rest of the family is in balcony rooms. Is it really that much quicker for us to separate and go in the "suite line" or should we just stay with them?

Probably quicker to separate and go your own way.  Additional benefit of not having to spend 'quality time' with family members for, at least, the duration of your cruise.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ohhliveeeeuh said:

When I've boarded I doubt it made 10 minutes difference. They actually also had hc sit with key and suite where I boarded. No one mentioned wheelchairs etc. They boarded with the key and suites. Didnt take long for them to board imo.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SoFlaAtty said:

Not at all ports, or even on all sailings. Simple answer, it depends upon port staff at check-in.

That is not correct. JS are entitled to the same priority boarding as full suites at all ports. That is one of the few perks of booking a JS. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-suites-program

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

That is not correct. JS are entitled to the same priority boarding as full suites at all ports. That is one of the few perks of booking a JS. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-suites-program

I fully agreed with your understanding, bit port staff at Port Everglades did not agree. We had to get in the queue with many other passengers.

Just now, SoFlaAtty said:

I fully agreed with your understanding, bit port staff at Port Everglades did not agree. We had to get in the queue with many other passengers.

You shouldn’t have had that happen. I have sailed out of Port Everglades many times and never had that experience. Whoever told you that was wrong. JS is always included along with the full suites as far as priority boarding. It’s one of the very few perks of a JS. 

8 hours ago, Nessa1dc said:

Are Junior Suites considered "Suites" for early arrival and lines at checkin?

The word "SUITES" is printed on your set sail pass. If you choose to make a distinction that you're only a Junior and a staff member turns you away, that is your fault. Stick with the word "Suites". 

wrt check in time, the "one hour early arrival" is clearly just urban legend and not a policy. Although we always show up early when we are in a suite and have never been turned away 

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

wrt check in time, the "one hour early arrival" is clearly just urban legend and not a policy. 

Apparently you missed the previous correction to your incorrect 'urban legend' statement....here it is again.....  

D0022FCC-E733-457B-889E-4444B488DD58.png

Edited by bucfan2

Often JS cabins will not get the word "suites" on the app boarding pass but will on the printed boarding pass from a computer.

Intercruises, the 3rd party who staffs the terminal doesn't know the cabins that are JS or full suites on any ship.  They won't see cabin 6640 and know if that is or is not a JS.  If your boarding pass doesn't say "Suites" or "Sea" on it, then you must use the regular lane.  

Perhaps they have fixed up but through early 2022 a JS still was never branded with "Suite" on the app BP while it was if you printed a BP on a computer.  

Edited by twangster

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Often JS cabins will not get the word "suites" on the app boarding pass but will on the printed boarding pass from a computer.

Intercruises, the 3rd party who staffs the terminal doesn't know the cabins that are JS or full suites on any ship.  They won't see cabin 6640 and know if that is or is not a JS.  If your boarding pass doesn't say "Suites" or "Sea" on it, then you must use the regular lane.  

Perhaps they have fixed up but through early 2022 a JS still was never branded with "Suite" on the app BP while it was if you printed a BP on a computer.  

It doesn't say Suite on my printed Set N Sail or the electronic....but we are Diamond Plus.  Its ok.  Not sure if we will be that early anyway.  Thank you all for your input.

1 hour ago, ChC said:

I seems to remember before Covid, Diamond Plus has access to priority queue with Suite guests, no? The last time I saw the queue for suite/pinnacle/Diamond Plus was Spectrum of the Seas before Covid. That is the only occasion I am very certain of. Cant remember other ships since my last few RCL ships are JS except Jewel from Cyprus last year soon after the cruise restart, where the ship only had less than 400 passengers and no queue per se.  

PC is suite and Pinnacle lane to the far right to enter the terminal.  No D+ lane.   

In San Juan on EX last March...there was only the one lane...for everyone.  No special lane at all.  

This past Saturday at Fort Lauderdale you just showed the  boarding pass that shows as your sea pass.

Damn that was wordy. 

They never checked out time. Even though we had 11am 

I just waved the paper. Gate keeper in no way could she see the checkin time on it. And directed us through the door. 

Then we met the Vaccine inspector. Showed her our negative test results. 

She then released the strap barrier. And we proceeded to the I PAD GIRL. 

First we went through human X-ray machine. And bags carryon went through conveyor to be scanned. 

She took our set sail pass, vaccination card passport and negative COVID TEST. 

Off to pictures 

Up the escalator to suite area.

Be safe. 

Edited by Lionesss

On 7/28/2022 at 6:43 AM, leisuretraveler223 said:

I haven't cruised since February and there has been a lot of other travel since then, so I'm just looking for someone to refresh my memory.  I know they are doing staggered scheduled boarding times now.  Does that apply to and do they really stick to it with Diamond Plus and Suite guests? Sailing Allure out of Port Everglades.

I work at Port Everglades.  As of now, we allow Suites ( Jr. included) and Pinnacle entry through the suite door.  Since the restart and the arrival times,  there is no special line to enter the terminal, check in or seating for D+..  Boarding will start with Star, Suites/Pinn then Key, then it will be in the order that you arrived upstairs.  As far as enforcing arrival times, it really depends on the amount of people curbside. If you arrival time is noon and you arrive at 10:30, you will wait until the earlier groups enter and then if space allows, they will allow you entry into the terminal.  Once boarding starts you will check in and go straight onboard.  Hope this helps!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SoFlaAtty said:

When was this?  Did you have other passengers with you that were not in a suite?