Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

Currently have Holy Land on Odyssey booked for 22-OCT-2024. When the rumor was posted, I got pretty excited about may switching to the Rome to Dubai leg as it leaves just the next day. But man, at those prices, I think we may be better off sticking with the current cruise. Ouch.

I sailed on the Jewel Suez Canal Rome to Dubai in Dec 2019 and my inside on deck 8 was £1600 solo for 16 nights with no discounts.

I am now DP340 and by Oct 24 I will be over 55 - as someone has mentioned the DP 340 isn't working but this is the price for an interior solo

image.png.d41207af993704ca3f7de74f63e46364.png

Now I have a 3 x side by sides booked for the same time as this sailing (9 nights on Voyager Repo, 14 nights on Oasis TA and a cheeky 4 nights on Independence when we get to Florida) and all 3 of them is just over £2700 solo for 26 nights!!

I think I will pass on Anthem!!

Edited by Blue Eyed Belfast Belle
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I sailed on the Jewel Suez Canal Rome to Dubai in Dec 2019 and my inside on deck 8 was £1600 solo for 16 nights with no discounts.

I am now DP340 and by Oct 24 I will be over 55 - as someone has mentioned the DP 340 isn't working but this is the price for an interior solo

Now I have a 3 x side by sides booked for the same time as this sailing (9 nights on Voyager Repo, 14 nights on Oasis TA and a cheeky 4 nights on Independence when we get to Florida) and all 3 of them is just over £2700 solo for 26 nights!!

Hello,

I know 2025 sailing dates are not long away, but I've been told that the 2024 DP340 UK prices haven't been loaded yet(!!) - not that they are not available.

I have tried DP340 on the UK site and got no reduction but I did on the US website. What they also have not done is change the 'not valid' dates from all of July and August to from Mid June to Mid August.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
not enough 'froms'

Our first RC cruises were repo's back in the good 'ole days when they were cheap.  We sailed AOS San Juan to Malaga in 2012, transferring 2 days later to VOS Barcelona-Dubai-Singapore.  For 39 nights the TOTAL pp cost for balconies was USD 2400 including tax.  We snagged upgrades to JS and GS on the first two legs for an extra $1200 pp.  A year later we had a balcony on Legend's repo from Singapore to Dubai for $890 pp.  Regrettably those days are long gone!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I know 2025 sailing dates are not long away, but I've been told that the 2024 DP340 UK prices haven't been loaded yet(!!) - not that they are not available.

I have tried DP340 on the UK site and got no reduction but I did on the US website. What they also have not done is change the 'not valid' dates from all of July and August to from Mid June to Mid August.

Regards,

Cublet

I agree about them not having fixed the dates in August.  I had to ring to get them applied and I now trying to get a booking repriced using the discount (I know it is one of the times we can get price adjustment in the UK is to apply the DP340).  I finally manged to get someone who knew what I was talking about!! 

How often does a Rome - Dubai - Singapore (or similar) itinerary come around? We want to sail this itinerary before we are too old to enjoy it but we have sticker shock looking at the prices. Any guesses as to when we might see something similar?

9 minutes ago, MuyBueno said:

How often does a Rome - Dubai - Singapore (or similar) itinerary come around? We want to sail this itinerary before we are too old to enjoy it but we have sticker shock looking at the prices. Any guesses as to when we might see something similar?

Very rarely which is why we were so excited by this one … and now deflated! 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MuyBueno said:

If you can go this year, Celebrity Edge is doing Rome-Dubai-Singapore leaving on Oct 30th.

(And onwards to Sydney if you fancy a real adventure!)

Edited by gumshoe958

14 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

If you can go this year, Celebrity Edge is doing Rome-Dubai-Singapore leaving on Oct 30th.

(And onwards to Sydney if you fancy a real adventure!)

Thanks for the suggestion. Our cruising calendar for this year is full. 2024 is the earliest we could do this itinerary and we would have to transfer bookings from 2 cruises we already have scheduled during this timeframe.

5 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I've found at times that discounts 340DP cant be applied online first 1-2 days. Made it hard for me to decide what real price is and if should Book until know. This happened to me on longer PC and Repo Cruises the nite they opened in 2022 and 2023... Good Luck!

1 hour ago, MuyBueno said:

The B2B I was booked on this Oct. on Celebrity Edge is cheaper, at least for an interior. Unfortunately I had to cancel, but I’m not sure how often they do the itinerary.

On 7/24/2023 at 6:41 AM, ONECRUISER said:

I would and have. Doing 42 nites this Sept/Oct, inc a PC and a Repo though it's on 2 Ships

We did 35 Night Holland - San Diego - Hawaii - South Pacific - San Diego in Feb-Mar 2023 BUT we have done 5 months Royal - Mid October 20 - March 2022 - 5 different ships - 1 TA - and only break was from 30 Dec - 2 Jan - 2 days  - This was when we had so many cruises still being canceled we had to fill the gap with a few ship changes (since we live in CA didn't want to fly back and forth when cruises cancelled) 130 gone - 124 consecutive days cruising!  I loved it Sam said - never again - he didn't like being gone from home so long so now we limit ourselves to 30-45 days \🙂

Edited by Esahuma
  • Like 1

Voyager Repo Athens - Barcelona Oct 14 2024 has been redeployed to end in Malaga instead of Barcelona as Voyager is heading to Dry Dock.

If you stay on you can have a whopping $50 OBC per cabin!!  

Since I am on the Oasis TA from Barcelona the next day I dont fancy travelling the 600 miles to get to Barcelona (which will cost me a lot more than $50!)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Voyager Repo Athens - Barcelona Oct 14 2024 has been redeployed to end in Malaga instead of Barcelona as Voyager is heading to Dry Dock.

Adventure TA PC to Lisbon 25 October 2024 has also been redeployed and shortened one night - price protected but no compensation offered for one less night. 

5 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

Adventure TA PC to Lisbon 25 October 2024 has also been redeployed and shortened one night - price protected but no compensation offered for one less night. 

We are on that TA, and taking Voyager back to PC on the 10th of Nov.  Voyager's last sailing is 7-14 Oct, so they will most likely drydock between then and the 10 Nov TA.

Edited by Wineaux007

2 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

Sadly pretty Common. Last Fall Cruises, 4 mine Changed, 3 with one less night, all price protected no Compensation. Happened yr before also on 2 others of Cruises, though were CV canceled anyway

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Sadly pretty Common. Last Fall Cruises, 4 mine Changed, 3 with one less night, all price protected no Compensation. Happened yr before also on 2 others of Cruises, though were CV canceled anyway

Also, on the Adventure shortened TA October '24.  Disappointed in that my only other shortened cruise in late  '21 provided both OBC depending on category booked, as well as the fare adjustment. Both items were communicated in the initial letter describing the change and our options.  I assume in late '21, they had no idea the industry would bounce back like it has and now that overbookings are a thing, they don't feel the need to make adjustments.

The only thing consistent about RCL is the inconsistency.  🙃

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

So, am I to understand that Voyager and Adventure will have drydocks in fall 2024?  I am kinda bummed that Royal is removing both Mariner and Independence in exchange for Voyager and Adventure.  Any thoughts on if they will be amped to include options like Playmakers?  My only other options are the overpriced Utopia and Wonder.  We drive to the port and those extra hours and crazy traffic heading to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are really pushing it for us.   

55 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Any thoughts on if they will be amped to include options like Playmakers?  

This statement was in the letter regarding the shortened Adventure TA.  Doesn't provide any hints as to the improvements to be expected.

"We’re taking Adventure of the Seas into dry dock for routine maintenance and exciting improvements."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

Any thoughts on if they will be amped to include options like Playmakers?

Voyager already received a full amplification back in 2019, which included new venues and activities, so I think it will be more routine maintenance. However, Adventure has yet to receive a full amplification so Royal may decide to add some newer features/venues, especially with there being a slight mention of the amplifications coming back in the earnings call recently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2023 at 1:00 PM, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Since I am on the Oasis TA from Barcelona the next day I dont fancy travelling the 600 miles to get to Barcelona (which will cost me a lot more than $50!)

17 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

Royal is becoming a really consumer friendly company🥴🤑

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Voyager already received a full amplification back in 2019, which included new venues and activities, so I think it will be more routine maintenance. However, Adventure has yet to receive a full amplification so Royal may decide to add some newer features/venues, especially with there being a slight mention of the amplifications coming back in the earnings call recently.

Some of us were on Voyager last winter and I wouldn't say they've done much to amplify her except add a waterslide.  It'll be interesting to see what they plan for these two drydocks.  Are there any other Voyager class besides Navigator with the extra venues like Playmakers, Loco Fresh etc.?

• Like 1