Enchanted Bar Menus (August 2022)

cimarron42

Not to be picky but if I deconstruct the Espresso Martini ($15) I can make it fit in the plus package. (Prices from the Vista Lounge list above)

Belvedere Vodka (which is my vodka of choice) $8,  Kahlua $7.50 and espresso (free with the package). I know it'll count 2 drinks towards the 15 that I never consume but............

Probably not worth saving the $3 but the upcharge is irritating.

1 hour ago, emairs said:

Thank you for posting these bar menus.

I find it rather strange that almost all of the red wines are from Italy.

Same with whites by the glass. The ship most likely is provisioning in Civitavecchia and has reliable supply of Italian wines as a result. 

Of note - Crown Royal is noticeably absent from all menus, mostly likely due to ongoing labor issues at the distillery and resulting shortages 

4 hours ago, SomewhereGirl said:

⚠️I tried to open a couple of the attachments but my antivirus alerted me that the files are potentially dangerous.  I did not proceed. 

ALL downloaded files are "potentially dangerous". Scan the file and see if it actually returns a virus warning. I downloaded all of those menus and then scanned the files. No problems found.

image.png.c7153a7aad2e99d222805c2bb160fb52.png

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

ALL downloaded files are "potentially dangerous". Scan the file and see if it actually returns a virus warning. I downloaded all of those menus and then scanned the files. No problems found.

image.png.c7153a7aad2e99d222805c2bb160fb52.png

I hope you're right and you're all safe but I'm not going to risk it.  It was a big warning I've not seen before with any other PDFs.  Doesn't happen with all the PDFs Princess has sent me recently.

• Haha 1

I would just warn you if you get the Plus or Premier package. Make sure every day that you are not being charged. My account was charged over 4th of July week and have yet to get a refund, even though I had the Plus package. It is not right.

10 minutes ago, SmedonSeas said:

I would just warn you if you get the Plus or Premier package. Make sure every day that you are not being charged. My account was charged over 4th of July week and have yet to get a refund, even though I had the Plus package. It is not right.

Our first night we were charged for a couple of drinks in the cigar lounge. It was doubly annoying as we not only had Princess Plus but would never be in the cigar lounge. I just had passenger services remove the charge but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. I'm guessing the passenger was asked for a cabin number (happened a lot since the system wasn't working well at all) and either gave a bogus number which turned out to be mine or, more likely, the server heard it wrong or wrote it down wrong.

Interesting that Whispering Angel is no longer available by the glass and that there is no Rose’ available by the glass whatsoever. “I’d like a glass of Rose’” is a far more common phrase to hear than “I’d like a bottle of Rose’”. 

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

Our first night we were charged for a couple of drinks in the cigar lounge. It was doubly annoying as we not only had Princess Plus but would never be in the cigar lounge. I just had passenger services remove the charge but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. I'm guessing the passenger was asked for a cabin number (happened a lot since the system wasn't working well at all) and either gave a bogus number which turned out to be mine or, more likely, the server heard it wrong or wrote it down wrong.

That is annoying! The thing is we all had Medallions. How on earth are they able to charge when I have a package and I stay within the T & Cs. I would have been able to catch it, and we did check the bills every day, but it was put on the account the last day. I am very annoyed.

5 minutes ago, SmedonSeas said:

That is annoying! The thing is we all had Medallions. How on earth are they able to charge when I have a package and I stay within the T & Cs. I would have been able to catch it, and we did check the bills every day, but it was put on the account the last day. I am very annoyed.

We've been sailing on Princess for almost 50 years (😨) and erroneous charges have been a problem for all of that time. It's irritating but human error happens.

The worst was once when we got home from a cruise and several hundred dollars had been put on our account on the last day of a cruise. In the end I think someone in Guest Services had committed a major fraud but it did get eventually removed from our charge card. So a one drink mistake doesn't fluster me anymore.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SmedonSeas said:

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

Our first night we were charged for a couple of drinks in the cigar lounge. It was doubly annoying as we not only had Princess Plus but would never be in the cigar lounge. 

Just curious.  When ordering drinks, do you inform the server that you have the Plus Package and should not be charged, or do you just tap in with the Medallion and expect that the system will get it right?  ( don't mean that in an accusatory manner as if you did anything wrong. I just don't know how to phrase it any differently.  I am wondering if the error rate decreases if one verbally announces that they should not be charged.  We shouldn't have to do that, but I will if it helps.)

10 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Just curious.  When ordering drinks, do you inform the server that you have the Plus Package and should not be charged, or do you just tap in with the Medallion and expect that the system will get it right?  ( don't mean that in an accusatory manner as if you did anything wrong. I just don't know how to phrase it any differently.  I am wondering if the error rate decreases if one verbally announces that they should not be charged.  We shouldn't have to do that, but I will if it helps.)

We made sure to tell them. I had read on this board that others have had the same problem. Believe me when I say that I was vigilant. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chamima said:

We've been sailing on Princess for almost 50 years (😨) and erroneous charges have been a problem for all of that time. It's irritating but human error happens.

The worst was once when we got home from a cruise and several hundred dollars had been put on our account on the last day of a cruise. In the end I think someone in Guest Services had committed a major fraud but it did get eventually removed from our charge card. So a one drink mistake doesn't fluster me anymore.

I'm glad that they removed the charge. I am about to call Amex and have them deal with it since this is ridiculous. I am a Platinum Cruiser and this has really annoyed me. I had a cruise booked in Feb, but since this I have decided not to go. We cancelled the cruise the day that I called for the refund. Funny thing is...we got the refund for the cruise in Feb, but still have not received our refund for the "mistake" of charging our account on the Crown July 4th cruise. 

11 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Interesting that Whispering Angel is no longer available by the glass and that there is no Rose’ available by the glass whatsoever. “I’d like a glass of Rose’” is a far more common phrase to hear than “I’d like a bottle of Rose’”. 

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

Thank you. My wine of choice isn't listed so I guess I'll carry on 3 bottles instead of 1

The Enchanted is currently sailing in the Mediterranean and is provisioning in Civitavecchia. Therefore wines will reflect the local suppliers offerings. There is still a global supply chain issue and many wines and liquors have also faced production issues due to the shutdown. The selection will most likely change when she returns to port Everglades in late November for her Caribbean season. 

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

We always sit a TV the bar and I could look at the bartenders position and our medallions were showing and the fact that we had a package