WHY the big goal to become Pinacle ?? ..

We like CK and on our last trip ate there almost exclusively for breakfast and dinner.  Menu — except for lobster and filet nights — is just ok but some nights I would prefer the MDR.  DH is using a scooter these days and he appreciates how the CK staff take care of his needs.  Table always ready so DH can just scoot right to our table.  Thinking back, I do think the menus used to be better, IMHO. Katherine 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even though we adore CK...we are determined to mix it up next cruise on Harmony...kind of like the way we are getting out of the lounge thing for happy hour.  

Booked early TD for MDR...will see how that goes.  Can always fall back and return to CK.  Plus intend to mix it up with Specialty BOGO.  

I do love CK for lunch...but may simply return to Chops for breakfast again. 

• Like 1

My goal is to reach pinnacle by 2024 with the help of my TA finding me awesome cruises at reduced rates!! 🤩

Why? We all need goals, that’s why.. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Edited by rrraydon
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, ATG said:

DH and I are split on CK.  He would eat every meal there.  I find a few nights where nothing looks good.  Other than filet night, I am not a huge fan at dinner.  I love having breakfast there and there are quite a few lunch things I really like.

Love it for breakfast. We go when it's first open since we are enjoying our morning coffee's up there. Chops just isn't the same. 

Lunch is hit or miss, but at least it's generally quiet. Used to enjoy the Flatbread, but haven't had a good one in years. Used to be crispy, now a soggy mess. Kinda remember the original menus offered the Flatbread at dinner as an app. Very good then. 

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

I'm not sure why you are commingling CK and DD.  DD debuted on the Quantum in 2014.  Oasis of the Seas also got CK in 2014.  Only Quantum had DD.  So, they are not related.

wow 2014 was an interesting year for RCI and dining.

I like the Dynamic dining on Anthem and was glad to have a chance to experience 4 different restaurants with 4 different menus.  Too bad folks had to complain and same thing with Northstar now not going over the sides except for special pay.    I hate complainers who ruin things for the rest of us.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Love it for breakfast. We go when it's first open since we are enjoying our morning coffee's up there. Chops just isn't the same. 

Lunch is hit or miss, but at least it's generally quiet. Used to enjoy the Flatbread, but haven't had a good one in years. Used to be crispy, now a soggy mess. Kinda remember the original menus offered the Flatbread at dinner as an app. Very good then. 

True...if Chops for breakfast is not up to par...we will simply return to CK.  Love..loved Chops for breakfast on Mariner and EX.  We were always one of the first ones in there.  

On EX B2B...our favorite waiters would already be bringing out my favorite tea, my V8,  and Bucky's Latte as we were seated.  😉 

CK on Odyssey was the best for breakfast though...and pretty much all the meals IMHO.   

56 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just FYI - The flat bread was good last week on Harmony. Both times I had it, it was crispy. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

wow 2014 was an interesting year for RCI and dining.

I like the Dynamic dining on Anthem and was glad to have a chance to experience 4 different restaurants with 4 different menus.  Too bad folks had to complain and same thing with Northstar now not going over the sides except for special pay.    I hate complainers who ruin things for the rest of us.

Just so I understand…..people complained about too much variety because of the changing menu? And what happened with North Star, do they not move it over the sea anymore?

32 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Just so I understand…..people complained about too much variety because of the changing menu? And what happened with North Star, do they not move it over the sea anymore?

People weren't keen on breaking in a new waiter every night. Amongst other things 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You don’t like Chops for breakfast on Oasis, John?  We have done two cruises now where there were “too many Pinnacles” for breakfast in CK and were assigned Chops for breakfast.  The view in CK is certainly better but thought Chops was fine.  Different strokes for different folks!  Welcome back.  Katherine 

6 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

You don’t like Chops for breakfast on Oasis, John?  We have done two cruises now where there were “too many Pinnacles” for breakfast in CK and were assigned Chops for breakfast.  The view in CK is certainly better but thought Chops was fine.  Different strokes for different folks!  Welcome back.  Katherine 

No, I love CK for breakfast. CK uses a different menu than Chops

And Oasis has the best breakfast in the fleet, in 'my' opinion.

Did a lot of O Class Chops in 2021, but hasn't been an issue this year for us

Edited by John&LaLa

Whenever we see someone with their name tag on, we pretend we think they work there and ask them questions, like which way is the buffet? Or do you have a copy of the programme?  Then they say its that way , or something like we dont work here, so we apologize and ask them what the name tag is for and many times one of them roll their eyes like they were forced by the other to wear it..  how embarrassing.  Lol lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ALKID said:

Whenever we see someone with their name tag on, we pretend we think they work there and ask them questions, like which way is the buffet? Or do you have a copy of the programme?  Then they say its that way , or something like we dont work here, so we apologize and ask them what the name tag is for and many times one of them roll their eyes like they were forced by the other to wear it..  how embarrassing.  Lol lol

When asked, I say we are from Miami inspecting the ship

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Memories fade but I seem to recall that your waiter went with you each night with Dynamic Dining.  We sailed two cruises on Quantum and had no issue with DD.  But I do recall quite a few people having problems with their reservations.

That was a late adjustment to try and satisfy folks. I can't recall what they rebranded it as. 

The challenge there was it pushed you into a set schedule of restaurants 

Not much dynamic about that

Edited by John&LaLa

On 8/7/2022 at 2:04 PM, SpekiTrout said:
I have a question .. and please know I am not attempting to start WWIII ... just truly interested. Why is the desire of so many to become Pinacle?? Not being wise or fresh .. purely curious. btw . my husband and I have been Diamond Plus since the program began .. and we're happy where we are .. and have points that could very well make us Pinacle in the near future but that's not our goal. The perks of Diamond Plus are really not much different when Pinacle is reached. I see so many here stirivng for Pinacle and I truly do not understand the 'whys' ...do tell!!  Thank you!!  This was from my post on FB where I first asked .. thanks!

34 Comments

My husband and I are Diamond Plus and based on our ages, I seriously doubt we’ll make Pinnacle.  There is so little difference between the two and WiFi would be my only interest.  For the life of me, I don’t understand WHY internet is so expensive…and going up almost yearly.  Some ships have FREE internet.  I suppose it’s just a money maker for RCCL.  More and more people work from ships and need the coverage….I just think it should be more affordable for a product that isn’t always that fast.  Once Starlink goes on every ship, we won’t be able to afford it!

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 2:04 PM, SpekiTrout said:
I have a question .. and please know I am not attempting to start WWIII ... just truly interested. Why is the desire of so many to become Pinacle?? Not being wise or fresh .. purely curious. btw . my husband and I have been Diamond Plus since the program began .. and we're happy where we are .. and have points that could very well make us Pinacle in the near future but that's not our goal. The perks of Diamond Plus are really not much different when Pinacle is reached. I see so many here stirivng for Pinacle and I truly do not understand the 'whys' ...do tell!!  Thank you!!  This was from my post on FB where I first asked .. thanks!

34 Comments

My husband and I are Diamond Plus and based on our ages, I seriously doubt we’ll make Pinnacle.  There is so little difference between the two and WiFi would be my only interest.  For the life of me, I don’t understand WHY internet is so expensive…and going up almost yearly.  Some ships have FREE internet.  I suppose it’s just a money maker for RCCL.  More and more people work from ships and need the coverage….I just think it should be more affordable for a product that isn’t always that fast.  Once Starlink goes on every ship, we won’t be able to afford it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reijo said:

I am only familiar with a few cruise lines, none of which has free internet.  Which ones do?