What time do you check in?

What time do you check in?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Your cruise is getting closer and it's time to check in! Do you...

• Check in at the stroke of midnight the day the docs are available?
    • Check in that day of but at a decent hour?
    • Check in someday before the actual cruise date (I'll get to it at some point)?

I checked-in this morning at 12:01am for our Oct. 2nd cruise (actually, it didn't open until about 12:15am).  We are on Central Time, so it was only 11:15pm here, and I stay up that late anyhow. I chose a 10:30am check-in time and went ahead and entered passport info and uploaded photos.  We're all ready to go except for the requisite COVID testing (going to Canada).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I've been on 4 cruises since they introduced the check-in time slot. I've checked in at a reasonable time that following morning and got the earliest slot each time

I wonder if this strategy will still hold with ships sailing at (or "over") capacity now?

If either one of us awakens after midnight, we open the app and quickly grab check in times.  We don’t otherwise alter our nightly routine or do the rest of the check in the wee hours.  The rest if the check in process is done at leisure generally within the week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rudeney said:

I wonder if this strategy will still hold with ships sailing at (or "over") capacity now?

My last cruise was at 106%

I just don't think most cruisers know or care about checking in as soon as available to get an early slot.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

My last cruise was at 106%

I just don't think most cruisers know or care about checking in as soon as available to get an early slot.

The only reason I do is to get early check in time when I am cruising out of PC at T#1.   I want inside garage parking at the terminal.  😉 

AND....of course gives me the excuse to walk over to Grills for a Bloody Mary before check in.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

We sale Oct 14, when should I be able to check in?

45 days prior to Oct. 14th would be August 30th.  Also, you can check the app, It usually shows you below your reservation info.  Click the head-and-shoulders "person" icon on the top of the page to see that.   Sometimes the app does not work properly and will say "check-in is closed..."  If so, just close it and try again later later.   

• Like 1

Suites can arrive an hour before/after so it really doesn't matter. Actually the last 5 cruises we've been on this year no one was checking times at the terminals....San Pedro, San Juan, Port Canaveral and Amsterdam.

16 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Suites can arrive an hour before/after so it really doesn't matter. Actually the last 5 cruises we've been on this year no one was checking times at the terminals....San Pedro, San Juan, Port Canaveral and Amsterdam.

Kool, Miami pier I was at was checking couple months ago...

Edited by ONECRUISER

9 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

We want a 1:30 and after arrival time, so early check-in isn't important.

Me too. I have no reason to arrive early and prefer my room to ready when I board.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RJ257 said:

Me too. I have no reason to arrive early and prefer my room to ready when I board.

Yes, three extra hours out of a 160 hour week, is not worth it. Spend the 157 hours doing “your” cruise thing. You won’t miss the three. 

• Like 2