Wonder of the Seas - Masks optional for crew from today

kw1816

On board WOTS, masks became optional for crew from today on a trial basis. Looking around a lot of crew still wearing them, particularly in busy areas.

Not sure if it’s just limited to WOTS or fleet wide.

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Jordan Bauth reported crew stopped wearing masks last month on Voyager and then today, she has stated they are back to the blue masks again😝

So not holding my breath....ya never know!

Interesting.  Bringing the mask requirement back seems like a difficult decision that they would only make reluctantly.  Maybe removing the masks resulted in substantially more infections. 

• Like 1

After speaking with several crew members last month on the Harmony not all of them are anxious to give up their masks due to the vast amount of people they come in contact with on a weekly basis.

Our favorite bartender said if they remove the rule to wear mask he hopes they will let them have the option of keep theirs if they so choose…

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Jordan Bauth reported crew stopped wearing masks last month on Voyager and then today, she has stated they are back to the blue masks again😝

I also follow Jordon, but had not seen today's update.  Did she say why?   Is it positivity rates, or maybe a country/port requirement?

Sorry for the off topic question --

I'm trying to help my friends, first time ever cruisers, with their Wonder OTS, Sept. 22nd. 

I thought I can book them reservations for the ice show (they travel with 3 under 10 years old girls).

It seems that I cannot book any entertainment before boarding???

Thanks for your reply, 

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm trying to help my friends, first time ever cruisers, with their Wonder OTS, Sept. 22nd. 

I thought I can book them reservations for the ice show (they travel with 3 under 10 years old girls).

Thanks for your reply, 

Since the restart, reservations have only been able to book onboard on all ships.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Fantastic. Now the crew can let their mask-induced eczema heal.

Is that what you say to nurses and physicians too?  As someone who works in healthcare, I can tell you they are happy to continue wearing masks at work.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

Is that what you say to nurses and physicians too?  As someone who works in healthcare, I can tell you they are happy to continue wearing masks at work.

They don't work 12-16 hours a day every day for 6-8 months straight either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHawk1 said:

Not all of us.... 

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

If they go to the Attic on deck 4 on boarding, there are staff there to help make all bookings. 

I always wondered where they do that at -- thanks for this info!  I just use the app, but now I know where to direct people who aren't app-friendly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

After speaking with several crew members last month on the Harmony not all of them are anxious to give up their masks due to the vast amount of people they come in contact with on a weekly basis.

Our favorite bartender said if they remove the rule to wear mask he hopes they will let them have the option of keep theirs if they so choose…

I heard this as well — we are on Harmony now. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Watched that, wondering when these actually happened. Not sure she releases a Video was recorded days/weeks before. Know over yr ago the Videos were not same week, she might be editing/releasing sooner now though

4 hours ago, rudeney said:

I also follow Jordon, but had not seen today's update.  Did she say why?   Is it positivity rates, or maybe a country/port requirement?

No she didn't she just said "We're back to blue masks" and showed hers.  I could be the port they were in or something.  Don't have a clue.  Yes, I know there is a time lag between when she posts, but she had said weeks ago that masks were no long mandated and now this!  And she Did say "back to masks" so that denotes a gap when they were not needed.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks for your reply, 

Currently on board that’s correct has been that for a long time now.

Guest services can now also pre book shows on embarkation they did ours.

• Thanks 1

Looking at the staff shortages which means every additional staff member that falls sick is an issue, better to keep the mask protocol for staff members to wear masks. Depending how things will evolve in the comming months, those maks might be back quicker than we think.