What would you like to see added to the menu?

Joelocal

22 hours ago, Joelocal said:

We all agreed that toasted sourdough garlic bread should be on the Princess Favorites. I know they don't have it on the menu, but we would prefer it over the bread baskets. I am sure the chefs could doctor it up and make it Princess.

Totally agree about sourdough garlic bread. Love that stuff. I would like them to simply return the dang creme brulee to the menu!  On our last cruise in May it wasn't offered at dinner and it is my "go to" dessert. They also didn't have freaking ice cream at dinner! What the heck is that all about? They offered ice cream in MDR at lunch but not for dinner and that is my wife's "go to" dessert. WHY would they remove these things from the menu???

Edit: I would also like to have some dishes that are actually spicy hot. Princess doesn't seem to understand spicy dishes.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

The Indian food on board is as good as you can get at an L.A. specialty restaurant. Figures, some of the kitchen staff is from India. Should be an onboard specialty restaurant for this.  

Princess should bring back their Spicy Cheese Twist bread. Recipe is online though. 

As a certified Indian 😁, I can attest that Princess’ Indian food is authentic and done extremely well (the only thing I find lacking is the level of spice,  and their rendition of chapati/roti/naan leaves a lot to be desired - not sure why as you only need a couple of simple ingredients). It’s even better when the actual head chef is Indian, as was the case on the Regal for us, preCovid. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, caribill said:

What I would like to see added back to the dinner is what has been removed.

o Desserts that are no longer there such as the unique ice cream flavors and creme brulee

o A beef entree every evening

o etc.

I saw some YouTube videos from different Princess ships from the past couple of months where both crème brûlée and ice cream (not sure how varied the flavors were) were on the menu.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Coral said:

That is fine. I think I started cruising frequently in 1997 or 1998.

When I was on a ship in December - they said they are not even doing sectional cooking in Club Class and gave me a reason why which I no longer remember. Heck, I even liked sectional cooking for certain dishes that they did before COVID. I think Bananas Fosters, Cherries Jubilee and pasta all'arrabbiata.

Has anyone lately seen the pasta all’arrabiata being prepared by the head waiter? PreCovid, it was one of my favorite things.

• Like 1

Bring back souffles. They used to be on the menu several times during a cruise and I had it each and every time.  Also, escargot. The first time I had them I cancelled my entree and just ate nothing but the escargot. It gave the waiters a good laugh.

Please let there be ice cream for dessert. That is my husband's go-to and he might never go on another cruise if there is not ice cream. He might compromise with the soft serve but he would miss the flavors.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, h-sar said:

Has anyone lately seen the pasta all’arrabiata being prepared by the head waiter? PreCovid, it was one of my favorite things.

I asked about it in December and they said they stopped all sectional cooking, including club class. I think they mentioned it being a fire hazard but wonder if it was due to COVID.

Princess has their recipe out there somewhere. I agree - it is excellent!

1 hour ago, cruiserdru said:

Bring back souffles. They used to be on the menu several times during a cruise and I had it each and every time.  Also, escargot. The first time I had them I cancelled my entree and just ate nothing but the escargot. It gave the waiters a good laugh.

Please let there be ice cream for dessert. That is my husband's go-to and he might never go on another cruise if there is not ice cream. He might compromise with the soft serve but he would miss the flavors.

I agree about the soufflés! They are amazing. Does anyone remember the harlequin soufflé?

I know several who really liked the different flavors of the ice cream at dinner. It was home made and excellent. I think you can get ice cream, just not the unique flavors.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

We were lucky enough to get upgraded on our first post Covid cruise.  We were having breakfast in the Crown Grill and my husband asked for sourdough toast.  The waitress excused herself and the manager came to our table and apologized that they did have sourdough as an option but to come back the next day and he would be sure to have it.  Sure enough, the next day they had it.  

We were totally impressed with that level of service.

16 minutes ago, AZ Ocean Lover said:

We were lucky enough to get upgraded on our first post Covid cruise.  We were having breakfast in the Crown Grill and my husband asked for sourdough toast.  The waitress excused herself and the manager came to our table and apologized that they did have sourdough as an option but to come back the next day and he would be sure to have it.  Sure enough, the next day they had it.  

We were totally impressed with that level of service.

Upgraded or Upsell to full suite? either way - SWEET

Breakfast- Eggs Benedict offered every day instead of only once or twice per cruise

Dinner- Chateubriand on every cruise instead of only certain ones, Carbonara consistently offered at dinner at least once a cruise, and steak back on the always available side of the menu. 

My DH really wishes they offered more regional foods, so you really feel immersed in the culture of the destination as you sail.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Coral said:

I asked about it in December and they said they stopped all sectional cooking, including club class. I think they mentioned it being a fire hazard but wonder if it was due to COVID.

Princess has their recipe out there somewhere. I agree - it is excellent!

How can an induction hot plate be a fire hazard?

Agree that flaming cherries jubilee or bananas foster (or whatever) could be a fire hazard...so don't do it.

6 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

Crab legs on Alaskan cruises would be nice.Taco night not so much, better on shore.

I have seen crab legs offered on the Juneau stop on multiple AK cruises.  In fact, I've seen them being delivered in Ketchikan the day before.  On one cruise I made a point of going to the dining room for dinner in Juneau.  Pretty disappointing.  The crab legs were very chewy.  They were either overcooked or spent too much time under a heat lamp.  Now, I have heard here on Cruise Critic that on some cruises, they have offered crab legs from Tracy's King Crab Shack in the dining room on the Juneau stop.  I don't know if those are better.  It would be great if they are, but, frankly, that would surprise me.  My advice is that if you want crab legs, just go to Tracy's in Juneau.

You mention tacos.  Have you visited Deckhand Dave's in Juneau?  Outstanding fish tacos.

48 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

I have seen crab legs offered on the Juneau stop on multiple AK cruises.  In fact, I've seen them being delivered in Ketchikan the day before.  On one cruise I made a point of going to the dining room for dinner in Juneau.  Pretty disappointing.  The crab legs were very chewy.  They were either overcooked or spent too much time under a heat lamp.  Now, I have heard here on Cruise Critic that on some cruises, they have offered crab legs from Tracy's King Crab Shack in the dining room on the Juneau stop.  I don't know if those are better.  It would be great if they are, but, frankly, that would surprise me.  My advice is that if you want crab legs, just go to Tracy's in Juneau.

You mention tacos.  Have you visited Deckhand Dave's in Juneau?  Outstanding fish tacos.

We had Crab Legs years ago but none this year with the "Alaska Experience Dining" menu . I love Deckhand Dave's and the dive bar across the street.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 6:51 AM, amajaa said:

They need to learn how to do proper fish & chips and not what was served up at the last pub lunch we went to.

Gross wasn't it? From Freezer to fryer to your plate. Just disgusting. It once was very nice now it's garbage from a shoreside vendor.

For us, I'd say perhaps "Prime" grade beef..Ribeye/Filet Mignon/Beef Wellington

/Chateaubriand. For seafood: True cold water Lobster Or perhaps True Dover Sole. We would expect to pay for these type of items. We don't expect them to be free.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thrak said:

Totally agree about sourdough garlic bread. Love that stuff. I would like them to simply return the dang creme brulee to the menu!  On our last cruise in May it wasn't offered at dinner and it is my "go to" dessert. They also didn't have freaking ice cream at dinner! What the heck is that all about? They offered ice cream in MDR at lunch but not for dinner and that is my wife's "go to" dessert. WHY would they remove these things from the menu???

Edit: I would also like to have some dishes that are actually spicy hot. Princess doesn't seem to understand spicy dishes.

Frequently, if keith didn't like the dessert choices,  he'd request a hot fudge sundae. That was just as the pandemic started. We'll be on Princess in March 2023, so we'll see if they still will do it.

40 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

We had Crab Legs years ago but none this year with the "Alaska Experience Dining" menu . I love Deckhand Dave's and the dive bar across the street.

I hope your dining room crab leg experience was better than mine.

On the other hand, maybe my criticism was harsh.  I had only one experience, and maybe that was the exception.

1 hour ago, hpeabody said:

I would like to see the return of the real Princess Love Boat dream dessert.

Agreed. Since creme brulee wasn't offered on our last cruise I went back to basics and ordered the Princess Love Boat Dream. It was nothing like it used to be and was a major disappointment.