Announcements

TRadle

Our last cruise on Royal was in 2009.  We've been sailing on Celebrity since then and are now back to Royal.  

One of the things that we hated on Royal, the only thing we hated, were the constant announcements .  On FOS we had a speaker on our veranda! 

Now with the app, is it still bad?  We need to always drive to port, so Royal out of Galveston it is.  A loud cruise is better than no cruise, so I just want to set expectations.

Thanks.

I wish that dial in the cabin could be actually used to hear the Captains noon briefing...I hate going out into the corridor to hear it if I'm in my cabin. 

Also people...quiet down when the Captain IS speaking some of us want to hear it !!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I wish that dial in the cabin could be actually used to hear the Captains noon briefing...I hate going out into the corridor to hear it if I'm in my cabin. 

Also people...quiet down when the Captain IS speaking some of us want to hear it !!!

I agree with this.  There's several announcements I'd like to be able to hear (and some I don't care to hear).  It would be nice if the dial actually CONSISTENTLY worked.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

True there is a dial in your cabin that turns off the sound on announcements. Some I'd like to hear, but either on or off. I keep mine turned off. 

Where are these dials usually located?

28 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

True there is a dial in your cabin that turns off the sound on announcements. Some I'd like to hear, but either on or off. I keep mine turned off. 

What ship are you seeing a dial in the cabin?  They definitely do not have them on Quantum class ships and Oasis class ships.  I don't remember seeing them on any ship in years.

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

What ship are you seeing a dial in the cabin?  They definitely do not have them on Quantum class ships and Oasis class ships.  I don't remember seeing them on any ship in years.

I've only been on grandeur and liberty out of Galveston. I think it was liberty my steward came in and turned a dial when I complained I heard music playing softly all the time in my cabin. She turned it off. Tbh I didnt know either, she came in and turned it. 

Havent done quantum yet. And dont remember oasis very well. Allure hurry up. 

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Brilliance has them right outside the bathroom, under the thermostat.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Brilliance has them right outside the bathroom, under the thermostat.

I have sailed all the Radiance class ships and do not remember seeing a dial.  DH sets thermostat to lowest setting as soon as we walk into a cabin, so that could be why I didn't see it there.

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have sailed all the Radiance class ships and do not remember seeing a dial.  DH sets thermostat to lowest setting as soon as we walk into a cabin, so that could be why I didn't see it there.

It's shown starting at about 1:05 of this video: 

Maybe it's not on all Radiance class ships?

Edited by time4u2go

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

They have the dials under the vanity table on Mariner but they did not work in the last 2 or 3 cabins I have had on there.  The might also have had them on the Indy and it didn't work either

That was the ship I thought I saw a dial on but it didn't work.  We have sailed the same cabin every time we have sailed Mariner though.  Gotta love 1688!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

The last 4 cruises I have been on (everyone since restart), the announcement have not worked in the cabin. Brilliance, Serenade, Rotterdam (new one), and Explorer. Sucks having to open the door to here them. Not sure if just the intercom buttons in the room broken or if it is a ship wide setting from the captain.

It sounds like it is so much better.  When we sailed FOS the CD was always announcing something.....especially Bingo....all day long.  It sounds like it is closer to Celebrity with the Captain's noon announcements now.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Ours were disabled on Voyager.

Steward told us that they stopped announcements to the cabins other than the emergency announcements.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 2:49 PM, soremekun said:

Im always curious when passengers are called down to Guest Services. I'm always wondering how much money they owe.

Or perhaps the pictures of them smoking on the balconies has something to do with that 😠🤮👃🏻

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 1:55 PM, TRadle said:

Our last cruise on Royal was in 2009.  We've been sailing on Celebrity since then and are now back to Royal.  

One of the things that we hated on Royal, the only thing we hated, were the constant announcements .  On FOS we had a speaker on our veranda! 

Now with the app, is it still bad?  We need to always drive to port, so Royal out of Galveston it is.  A loud cruise is better than no cruise, so I just want to set expectations.

Thanks.

Be happy. Some ships repeat all the anouncments in several different languanges.

On 8/29/2022 at 1:55 PM, TRadle said:

Thanks.

I was just on Enchantment.  Hardly had any announcements and the ones we did have, I couldn't always understand.

• Haha 1