Last minute testing panic

gmkgks

I always have to laugh when I hear the word "free".  One of the first things I learned in life is that nothing is "free".  The "government" has no money - they have my money that they spend.  All the money that my health insurance company has is money that I and other customers of theirs have paid in premiums.  

My primary care "internal medicine" doc does not provide any COVID testing. The chain store pharmacies claim that they do testing, but searching their websites for testing "appointments' yields no results within then next 10 days.  Think about that: Why would I need to make an appointment to test for an infection for more than 10 days in the future when I'm sick "today" and likely will recover in about a week?  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rudeney said:

I always have to laugh when I hear the word "free".  One of the first things I learned in life is that nothing is "free".  The "government" has no money - they have my money that they spend.  All the money that my health insurance company has is money that I and other customers of theirs have paid in premiums.  

My primary care "internal medicine" doc does not provide any COVID testing. The chain store pharmacies claim that they do testing, but searching their websites for testing "appointments' yields no results within then next 10 days.  Think about that: Why would I need to make an appointment to test for an infection for more than 10 days in the future when I'm sick "today" and likely will recover in about a week?  

Go to Urgent Care.

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I thought the government ran out and stopped sending out free tests. 

Not until after September 2.  But Medicare recipients, as well as some other insurers, allow 8 free tests per month.  Just got ours at CVS.  

19 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Most insurances allow you to get 8 free tests a month from your loval pharmacy. My husband and I just got 8 each at CVS. I'll use one for my test tomorriw with Rapid Test and Trace. 

This program ends today, I believe. 

I will post separately but I can recommend OnPoint testing. I just finished up for my Sept 3 cruise and the process for me was flawless. I had a back up appointment at CVS but canceled it when everything went so well. The proctor was SO patient with me - I never used Zoom before and am always a little nervous when doing Covid tests

4 hours ago, NRWPA said:

I will post separately but I can recommend OnPoint testing. I just finished up for my Sept 3 cruise and the process for me was flawless. I had a back up appointment at CVS but canceled it when everything went so well. The proctor was SO patient with me - I never used Zoom before and am always a little nervous when doing Covid tests

@cruisegal40 I just did a OnPoint test to try them out. We have always used Emed/Navica but with testing for cruising ending I didn't want to invest the money in purchasing more expensive tests. The process was fairly easy and result was fast. My question is Navice has always sent a QR code to go along with the test results and that is what we always showed in the terminal.  I'm not seeing one with OnPoint. Did the webpage with the results work fine for getting on board? We leave out of Seattle Alaska cruise in 15 days

Thanks!! 

16 hours ago, nzdisneymom said:

Just a heads up that these are being suspended starting Friday,  Sep 2, due to funding issues, so order before then.

We received our free usps test kits yesterday. I noticed that all of the boxes were not sealed. Can you use on point or one of the other sites with a unsealed box.

20 hours ago, sailor05 said:

Why not use Onpoint proctoring where you supply your own tests and can do it at your convenience? Eezy peezy.

You can supply your own tests with rapidtestandtrace also.  However, if you don't have tests, it doesn't matter who your proctor is.

19 hours ago, DrewCC2225 said:

I know a lot of people are panicking this week with it being the last week of pretesting for Rc. Just remember, WORST CASE SCENARIO if there is a positive test in your party there is always the following week or the week after that! 

If you have the vacation time. 

2 hours ago, udamom said:

@cruisegal40 I just did a OnPoint test to try them out. We have always used Emed/Navica but with testing for cruising ending I didn't want to invest the money in purchasing more expensive tests. The process was fairly easy and result was fast. My question is Navice has always sent a QR code to go along with the test results and that is what we always showed in the terminal.  I'm not seeing one with OnPoint. Did the webpage with the results work fine for getting on board? We leave out of Seattle Alaska cruise in 15 days

Thanks!! 

This may be a double post. Not seeing what I just typed...anyway, you should have received an email with a link to the results. Actually I received 2, presented a little differently in each.  The one that came from my proctor asking me to rate him was actually the better of the 2 but either will work. Results didn't look much different than the ones I received from various other providers. I always print out and highlight the important stuff: name, date of test, results 

• Like 1