How is the bidding system doing? Any comments?

Bwana Tom

5 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

well, our Thanksgiving Enchanted cruise doesn't have any non-deluxe balconies left for 3 people, so I don't think my bid (inside to balcony) will be accepted... And it only has literally a handful of deluxe balcony cabins left. Everything else is sold out (inside, mini, suites).

You never know.  They may have someone in one of those cabins win their bid for a higher category.  I won the bid on our upcoming sailing and the ship wasn't unavailable to book for well over a month prior implying that it was sold out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, suzyed said:

You never know.  They may have someone in one of those cabins win their bid for a higher category.  I won the bid on our upcoming sailing and the ship wasn't unavailable to book for well over a month prior implying that it was sold out.

I meant wasn't available...

I just went to look at our Nov 19th cruise on the Enchanted, where just last week I could submit a bid.  We still don't have our cabin assignment (booked balcony guarantee), so I went to look to see what was available to bid on now.    It now wouldn't let me bid, which was okay because I wasn't going to...I just wanted to see if I still could.  Maybe that means that they are getting close to assigning cabins and accepting/rejecting the bids that are in?

• Thanks 1

I just got an email to bid for an upgrade.. I am in a premium ocean view room and the bid also offers me to bid on a premium ocean view room . Why would somebody bid on a room category they already have?  There is also Upgrades for Balcony rooms.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I would double check your current cabin assignment asap.

My current cabin assignment says Ocean view ,05 category and my room is premium balcony room, but my upgrade bids are starting me as if I’m just in an ocean view room not premium. I called Princess and of course they can’t do nothing about it it’s not their department it’s corporals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

We made two bids.  I wonder if they are both turned down if we can still place bids on any of the suites that were offered in the first place.

I don’t think so. By the time you get your rejection emails, the bidding will more than likely be closed for you. Not to mention bids on the suites will have been received and accepted. 

Edited by 1cruiselvr
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2022 at 4:07 PM, mina said:

Just got notice our bid for a. Aft penthouse on nov 6 royal was accepted.  Even got assigned the suite we would have selected ourselves.  

So can I ask how high up you had to go. We are on the Caribbean Nov 28th and I keep checking. I bid up and then lowered my bid. Ian kind of took a bunch of cash. Don’t want to use my insurance. Too easy to get canceled in Florida. I would love to get a penthouse suite. Mom will be turning 94 just before our cruise. 

1 minute ago, RKSue said:

So can I ask how high up you had to go. We are on the Caribbean Nov 28th and I keep checking. I bid up and then lowered my bid. Ian kind of took a bunch of cash. Don’t want to use my insurance. Too easy to get canceled in Florida. I would love to get a penthouse suite. Mom will be turning 94 just before our cruise. 

I bid the minimum amount plus 25 dollars.   There were and are a ton of suites open on our cruise and after the bidding it looks like there were only two bids -- the rest of the suites are still showing open.  Ours is not a popular cruise.  Which is good.  

3 minutes ago, mina said:

I bid the minimum amount plus 25 dollars.   There were and are a ton of suites open on our cruise and after the bidding it looks like there were only two bids -- the rest of the suites are still showing open.  Ours is not a popular cruise.  Which is good.  

So it sounds like you are a TA?  I can’t find anything out about suites on our cruise. It just keeps crashing. We are on November 28th. Caribbean. If you have the ability to look it would be so helpful. Right now we are in a window suite. I’m trying to get a Penthouse suite since it will be mid ship for mom. 

1 hour ago, RKSue said:

So it sounds like you are a TA?  I can’t find anything out about suites on our cruise. It just keeps crashing. We are on November 28th. Caribbean. If you have the ability to look it would be so helpful. Right now we are in a window suite. I’m trying to get a Penthouse suite since it will be mid ship for mom. 

I am not a TA.  I just went to princess site without logging in and did a pretend booking for our cruise to see how many suites were open.   Then I did the same after I won the bid to see how many were still open.  I just did a search for your cruise and it says suites are sold out.   But still bid when you get the offer, you never know!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RKSue said:

I just noticed your comment about Ian and saw that you live in Babcock Ranch.  There was a segment on 60 Minutes last Sunday that included footage of Babcock Ranch with an interview indicating that the way it was built meant very little damage there.  Sad to hear that is not the case.  Wishing you and everyone in the area affected by Ian well.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bamer5 said:

I just got an email to bid for an upgrade.. I am in a premium ocean view room and the bid also offers me to bid on a premium ocean view room . Why would somebody bid on a room category they already have?  There is also Upgrades for Balcony rooms.

Similar happened with my bid offer.  I am booked in an aft balcony on Caribe ( BD) and was offered the opportunity to bid on a premium balcony - the only available are all on Caribe ( technically all higher categories but essentially the same cabin in “better” location). I didn’t bid on that category, because essentially I could be assigned the exact same cabin type a few doors away.   I suppose someone might choose to bid in that situation if the possibility of being closer to midship was important.

Maybe the 3rd party vendor may still figuring out how the categories work?

• Like 1

Just received my bid acceptance email for the 11/10/2022 Discovery sailing. Bid slightly above the minimum. Moving from a CC mini to an S4. The process was similar to what others are saying.  I first received the emails for the bids that were NOT accepted. The acceptance email came 30 minutes later and is titled "Yay - you got your stateroom upgrade". They tell you to pay on your Cruise Personalizer but right now I am getting a notice that their website is having difficulties. 🙄 I have 48 hours to pay, though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, RKSue said:

what ship ?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Just received my bid acceptance email for the 11/10/2022 Discovery sailing. Bid slightly above the minimum. Moving from a CC mini to an S4. The process was similar to what others are saying.  I first received the emails for the bids that were NOT accepted. The acceptance email came 30 minutes later and is titled "Yay - you got your stateroom upgrade". They tell you to pay on your Cruise Personalizer but right now I am getting a notice that their website is having difficulties. 🙄 I have 48 hours to pay, though.

We are on the sailing after yours leaving on the 14th, looks like we might be next in line to hear back about our bids. We are also booked in a CC mini and bid on the penthouse, aft pent and owners suite. 🤞

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Matco said:

We are on the sailing after yours leaving on the 14th, looks like we might be next in line to hear back about our bids. We are also booked in a CC mini and bid on the penthouse, aft pent and owners suite. 🤞

It happened sooner then I thought it would. On our cruise all suites were “sold out”. Two possibilities: 1. Someone cancelled and the domino effect went into action or, 2. They were holding some suites and decided to release them. Crossing my fingers for you! 🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure how they decide on who gets bid options.  I was hoping we would get one for our cruise that is sailing next week but nothing.  I have been checking and I did see a lot of verandah cabins open up a few days ago, as months ago the cruise was full.  

Is it worth checking when we get onboard about paying to upgrade?  

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 7:46 PM, mina said:

I am not a TA.  I just went to princess site without logging in and did a pretend booking for our cruise to see how many suites were open.   Then I did the same after I won the bid to see how many were still open.  I just did a search for your cruise and it says suites are sold out.   But still bid when you get the offer, you never know!

We can even look at what's available on our upcoming cruise....It's unavailable to book.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rsquirrel said:

I'm not sure how they decide on who gets bid options.  I was hoping we would get one for our cruise that is sailing next week but nothing.  I have been checking and I did see a lot of verandah cabins open up a few days ago, as months ago the cruise was full.  

Is it worth checking when we get onboard about paying to upgrade?  

It can be up to 3 days before your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, dog said:

Which countries are not eligible to take part in this bidding?

asking for a friend 

This is what pops up on the Princess site when hitting the upgrade programme over here (U.K.):

Looking for information on Princess Upgrade?

Sorry, Princess.com does not currently offer Princess Upgrade in your region.

Edited by villauk
  • Thanks 1