Winter 2024/25 on sale dates

molecrochip

21 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We are in a similar position - just three booked for next year (P&O,  Princess) 

We will wait until we see how those go before committing further. (But if Princess do their £1 deposit promotion again, who knows !)

Apart from a New England and Canada cruise in the fall, after our 5 booked cruises we will have cruised to all world places that we want to. After that any cruises will be purely warm weather winter breaks to the med or canaries or cruises out of Sydney (South Sea islands) when we visit our son every 3 years or so.

I travelled to Europe a lot on business until I retired 3 years ago but my wife and I have not explored at leisure many of the countries, so that may be the focus of our holidays from 2024 onwards.

• Like 1

Just had an email from my well known TA. 40 day US and Caribbean cruise, leaving this November, on Arcadia, select balcony fare starting at £4213, with £560 pp obc. 

I wonder how that compares to launch price? 

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

You only need to see that the oldies music from Pulse is now from the 90s and noughties, to realise that if you are over 60 you no longer exist as far as P&O are concerned.

Not everyone wants to listen to the oldies, again moving with the times seams to be forbidden for P&O 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Just had an email from my well known TA. 40 day US and Caribbean cruise, leaving this November, on Arcadia, select balcony fare starting at £4213, with £560 pp obc. 

I can help you in part with that. 

We paid £4,399 for an early saver balcony ED grade at launch.

Then, 6 days before the balance was payable they chucked £200 obs at us.

So your deal if you were to take it is considerably cheaper.

1 hour ago, Son of Bare said:

Thanks - looks like P&O are struggling to fill this cruise.  The fact that P&O seem to be using just one TA to sell these discounted cabins indicates that they are worried that they will alienate those that booked direct at a much higher price.

More evidence not to book early.

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

You only need to see that the oldies music from Pulse is now from the 90s and noughties, to realise that if you are over 60 you no longer exist as far as P&O are concerned.

I'm (well) over 60 and really, I dont want to be fed a diet of old music.  If anything, the music onboard is a bit dated and all a bit safe. 

Let's have more music from the last ten years,  rather than wallowing in songs from the 70s and 80s. 

More Kaiser Chiefs,  Killers, Script, and, at a push Ed Sheeran  !

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm (well) over 60 and really, I dont want to be fed a diet of old music.  If anything, the music onboard is a bit dated and all a bit safe. 

Let's have more music from the last ten years,  rather than wallowing in songs from the 70s and 80s. 

I think The Killers are fabulous, one of my favourite bands 

• Like 2

Booking early was always advisable in pre covid world. However now the world is different now with cost of living crisis and recessions and now if you have flexibility the last minute deals are superb. Can't blame cruise companies for heavily discounting empty cabins as they are a business who need money in the bank. Its give and take as my TA next week is a lot more expensive booking today then when I booked when it went on sale. Good luck to people booking bargains last minute and I have no grumble if I'm on a cruise I paid more for than someone booking last minute. If you are able to take advantage than why not?

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

You were doing fine until Ed Sheeran.....

• Like 2

On 10/13/2022 at 5:23 PM, terrierjohn said:

Sorry just that I never replied re what I meant by new P&O demographic. Have a friend who has sailed on P&O a number of times recently and her feedback is that things seem to have changed and that they do not seem as interested in the more 'traditional' P&O passengers. If anyone wants more clarification please ask, but I am guessing that anyone who has sailed with P&O in say, 2010 or earlier knows what I mean.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2022 at 10:42 PM, wowzz said:

Not Ed Sheeran please not Ed Sheeran 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2022 at 1:40 PM, wowzz said:

I can't help with balcony price but the current saver inside is £200 pp more than what we paid at launch plus we have £300 pp OBC. 

On 10/13/2022 at 8:16 PM, Bazrat said:

Not everyone wants to listen to the oldies, again moving with the times seams to be forbidden for P&O 

The Paloma Faith and George Micheal tributes went down well on Britannia.  Not all ' oldies ' enjoy singalongaMax.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, zap99 said:

The Paloma Faith and George Micheal tributes went down well on Britannia.  Not all ' oldies ' enjoy singalongaMax.

Mind you, George Micheal is not exactly current !

How about George Ezra instead? 

On 10/13/2022 at 1:40 PM, wowzz said:

Edited by Son of Bare
Submitted twice

10 minutes ago, Son of Bare said:

Thanks. Interesting comparison. 

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Mind you, George Micheal is not exactly current !

How about George Ezra instead? 

Folk were discussing how a move towards 90's music was a move to accommodate the youngsters. We are now in 2022 so 1990 music was written 32 years ago. The real youngsters weren't even born then. I reckon a mixture is appropriate. Music for old folk, say in their 80's is probably the era of the who, kinks, Led Zeppelin etc.

42 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Folk were discussing how a move towards 90's music was a move to accommodate the youngsters. We are now in 2022 so 1990 music was written 32 years ago. The real youngsters weren't even born then. I reckon a mixture is appropriate. Music for old folk, say in their 80's is probably the era of the who, kinks, Led Zeppelin etc.

A good DJ will play a variation of music so that there is something for everyone, both myself and Mrs YP commented on the good selection of music played during the parties down the mall on our recent cruise. We had a real mixture of nationalities even though we sailed from Southampton plus all age groups, albeit we did pick up passengers in Barcelona and Lisbon. There are also some songs that everyone can dance to, especially 60's music. I have always enjoyed disco's and always danced although I have never been that good at it which doesn't matter on holiday as you are unlikely to see most people again.

• Like 1