Winter 2024/25 on sale dates

molecrochip

Not convinced that opening day will be the best time to book this time after many years of always booking on open. We'll see what the prices are but will probably give it a miss this time. Have a feeling there will be deals and big OBC nearer the time.

Edited by bee-ess
  • Like 3

I know that if you need an accessible cabin, or a suite (I wish !) you need to book early, but given the latest shenanigans with pricing and obc, for a bog standard cruise, I really don't see the need to rush to book a cruise  30 months in advance.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

I know that if you need an accessible cabin, or a suite (I wish !) you need to book early, but given the latest shenanigans with pricing and obc, for a bog standard cruise, I really don't see the need to rush to book a cruise  30 months in advance.

I agree, and with my parents needing our help more and more I’m even nervous booking one night anywhere at the moment!

I’ll enjoy looking though as I have a special birthday in November 2024.

Unless there's a surprise in itineraries we won't be booking at this point, not even our 2024 Christmas Caribbean.  Sadly even those itineraries are just repeats of the recent years.  I recall with fondness the excitement of going to a new island or port which no longer seems to happen. I booked Arvia for 2023 because there are a couple of less visited and a new port but I doubt we will see any change in 2024.

• Like 3

That is an advantage of.being new to cruising, it’s exciting to see the itineraries as I haven’t been to many of the ports before.

Our land holidays abroad tend to be inland, Limoges, Carcassonne, Paris areas, in France, Switzerland & Austria etc

• Like 8

After the fiasco we’ve had with having to transfer or cancel and rebook to get a better price than the launch day prices on 7 or so cruises we’re not going to book anything on launch day this year. I understand how fluid pricing works blah blah blah but surely they should be offering some sort of price promise for launch day or launch week bookings 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mad4WDW said:

After the fiasco we’ve had with having to transfer or cancel and rebook to get a better price than the launch day prices on 7 or so cruises we’re not going to book anything on launch day this year. I understand how fluid pricing works blah blah blah but surely they should be offering some sort of price promise for launch day or launch week bookings 🤷‍♂️

In the current post covid situation there have been far more people cancelling cruises and using the FCC to book a later cruise than would have been the case pre covid. So it is no surprise that  cruise lines have had to make more price reductions to try and maximise passenger numbers.

Now that the FCCs are no longer available, there may not be the same pressure to fill ships, so the launch prices may again prove to be the cheapest option.

Edited by terrierjohn

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

If they do a round trip Caribbean taking in New Orleans and the other usual stops in the USA, we'd be up for that.  But doubt we'll be booking on launch day.  Will wait till we're on board in late November.  🤞

I would be surprised if they don't as they have done this as a 35 night cruise alternating with the Caribbean only for many years plus the odd 28 nighter. It is a cruise we have done many times and always enjoyed, we are on the cruise in November which takes in the USA including New Orleans which we love. We have always found these cruises to be cheaper at launch and the one we are on is currently £550 pp more than at launch, however covid has changed the dynamics and booking onboard may get you some extra OBC and £50 deposit which is easy to write off if things go pear shaped nearer the cruis.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 10:52 AM, molecrochip said:

Officially 20th October.

That will keep me quiet in the half term break ..... usually it is after half term I think.

Now all P&O need to do is convince us both that the P&O we love is what we will experience if we book.

(Sorry, but we have doubts)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Sadly, I feel like we don't meet the 'new' P&O demographic so not sure where to go next.

We love Celebrity and Oceania looks amazing ..... but the cost is way higher.

What new P&O demographic have I missed something ?

Compared to previous brochure launches,  this time round there appears to be a distinct lack of enthusiasm. 

The crass P&O attitude to Covid and FCC,  the crass attitude of P&O to late price reductions, and the crass attitude of P&O to on board service, speciality restaurant closures etc, seems to be having an impact. 

Coupled with the fact that we can all guess now what the itineraries will be, no wonder people are showing a high level of disinterest. 

• Like 10

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Compared to previous brochure launches,  this time round there appears to be a distinct lack of enthusiasm. 

The crass P&O attitude to Covid and FCC,  the crass attitude of P&O to late price reductions, and the crass attitude of P&O to on board service, speciality restaurant closures etc, seems to be having an impact. 

Coupled with the fact that we can all guess now what the itineraries will be, no wonder people are showing a high level of disinterest. 

We have 5 cruises booked for the next 16 months 2 with P&O, 2 with Cunard and 1 with Princess. After that we should have a better idea which cruise line suits us better in the ‘new world’ post 2020 events. We haven’t been with P&O since 2015 but used them a lot during the 90s and 00s when we had the kids with us. 

We normally book our cruises on the day of booking launch but may hold back now and wait to see how our next cruise or 2 go and how we feel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We have 5 cruises booked for the next 16 months 2 with P&O, 2 with Cunard and 1 with Princess. After that we should have a better idea which cruise line suits us better in the ‘new world’ post 2020 events. We haven’t been with P&O since 2015 but used them a lot during the 90s and 00s when we had the kids with us. 

We normally book our cruises on the day of booking launch but may hold back now and wait to see how our next cruise or 2 go and how we feel.

We are in a similar position - just three booked for next year (P&O,  Princess) 

We will wait until we see how those go before committing further. (But if Princess do their £1 deposit promotion again, who knows !)