Winter 2024/25 on sale dates

molecrochip

19 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

In a different world, I’d probably be looking at either of the two Ventura 35 night cruises in 2025. The earlier one has a more interesting itinerary, but the later one coincides with my 65th birthday. 

I’d avoid the 35 night Iona cruise to the Caribbean. There’s only 7 Caribbean ports and stacks of sea days. Seems to be some very slow sailing, as Iona doesn’t get to Tenerife until day 6, and the first Caribbean port isn’t until day 14 

That suits us. We are all different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Lots of emails from cruise company's this morning tempting me to pre register for 24/25.

Very tempted with the Iona Jan 25, 35 nights, non fly to Caribbean via Tenerife, the warmer route. 

Is it worth committing at this time, who knows what the price will be nearer the time ?

The current early saver price for this one is within the range that we have paid over the last 5 years for a 35 nighter, cheapest £2200 dearest £2600. We will likely book this as there are lots of sea days and as you say taking the "warmer route". We have done 3 on Ventura so a different ship will be nice. The deposit is only 5% now so not too much of a gamble, the cruise is over 2 years away and anything could happen, as we are on a P&O ship in 3 weeks (hopefully) we will likely book onboard and reduce the risk a bit more taking the £50 deposit.

Just looked at the 2024 ones . Arcadia and Aurora Canaries

Select price does not give the option to choose a cabin number even though the link to choose your cabin is there - note says to the effect “on a guaranteed fare you chose your cabin type and we will allocate the cabin number”

Any idea why this is ? Is this a new change to select price cabin booking options ?

Edited by paulatsea

Goodness, just looked at Aurora & Arcadia for April and May 2024.  Unimpressed indeed.  October not much better.  Prices are well up interestingly.  We normally pay around the £75ppnn mark for an inside.  These are £94ppnn.  I would pay it for something interesting, but they are just not!

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Goodness, just looked at Aurora & Arcadia for April and May 2024.  Unimpressed indeed.  October not much better.  Prices are well up interestingly.  We normally pay around the £75ppnn mark for an inside.  These are £94ppnn.  I would pay it for something interesting, but they are just not!

November 24  is about 1300  for 13 nights select price Aurora and about 1600 for 16 nights select price  Arcadia - both to canaries and both deluxe balcony 

price looks good to me  especially for 2 years time - I would book If I could select my cabin.

this is with peninsula and previous customer discount and with parking or a measly 60pp spend !

Edited by paulatsea

18 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Those cruises have been around for a while, I would expect the prices to be higher.  This is launching the September 2024 to April 2025 cruises.

28 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Select price does not give the option to choose a cabin number even though the link to choose your cabin is there - note says to the effect “on a guaranteed fare you chose your cabin type and we will allocate the cabin number”

Any idea why this is ? Is this a new change to select price cabin booking options ?

This has become normal at launch, the normal options will return when the cruises go on general sale on 01/02/03 November.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

One of the advantages of using a good TA. Tell them what cabins you want, and when reservations open,  they will book one of them for you. Far better system than booking direct. 

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

This has become normal at launch, the normal options will return when the cruises go on general sale on 01/02/03 November.

Ok thanks - so at some stage you can go back into the booking and then select the cabin ?

Also - advice please from those who have booked pre general  release before - do the prices change much between now and the general release ? 

the suite prices look tempting as well ! 

Edited by paulatsea

8 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Also - advice please from those who have booked pre general  release before - do the prices change much between now and the general release ? 

Some cruises could go up considerably, especially suites and other high end in demand cabins, or some of the popular longer Med cruises or Canada/USA, however times have changed considerably and it is a wet finger in the air as to what may/will happen now especially trying to forecast the future in these so called "unpresidented" times. You pay your money and take your chances, or not as the case may be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Ok thanks - so at some stage you can go back into the booking and then select the cabin ?

Not as far as I know, you will be allocated by P&O.  As Wowzz  mentions a good TA may be your best approach if a particular cabin or type is preferred.

I only book direct as I am friends with someone who works at Carnival House, and book when on general sale so I can pick my preference of deck and cabin.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

You have to watch the suite prices, as sometimes the price shown is actually for a mini suite and not a full suite.  Probe further into a dummy booking to check full suite price.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

In my, admittedly limited experience, those regular cruisers with the highest loyalty status,  tend to snap up the suites long before us lowly peons get a chance to book.  

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

You have to watch the suite prices, as sometimes the price shown is actually for a mini suite and not a full suite.  Probe further into a dummy booking to check full suite price.

Yep thanks - I was looking at the mini suites in particular - but we like to have the TV at the end of the bed - so will stick with normal or deluxe balcony !! May sound sad - but that’s us !!! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Not as far as I know, you will be allocated by P&O.  As Wowzz  mentions a good TA may be your best approach if a particular cabin or type is preferred.

I only book direct as I am friends with someone who works at Carnival House, and book when on general sale so I can pick my preference of deck and cabin.

Ok thanks - I’d prefer to wait until general sale and pay a bit more to get the specific cabin I want (and hope I don’t get moved !)

8 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Ok thanks - I’d prefer to wait until general sale and pay a bit more to get the specific cabin I want (and hope I don’t get moved !)

Why wait ?

Contact the TA now, tell them the cabin(s) you want, and when they become available the TA will book the cabin for you, and call you back to confirm the cabin number and price, which will be the launch price. No need to even pay a deposit until your cabin number is confirmed. 

Much, much easier than booking direct.

Edited by wowzz
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Why wait ?

Contact the TA now, tell them the cabin(s) you want, and when they become available the TA will book the cabin for you, and call you back to confirm the cabin number and price, which will be the launch price. No need to even pay a deposit until your cabin number is confirmed. 

Much, much easier than booking direct.

Thanks - any idea why we can’t do this direct ? Myself I mean ?

Edited by paulatsea

5 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I’ve only done world cruises on Aurora (2012/13/14 when world was very different) but have visited most of those ports.
In my opinion, I’d say the itinerary was a good one and going the right way round - But it’s very much down to what you personally want to see and do.

Thank you very helpfull, 

Two questions here!  I can't see the 2025 Aurora South America/Amazon cruise on the P&O site, any idea where it's hiding?

My husband wants to see a wild polar bear(!!) and apparently one or two P&O cruises may offer the opportunity.  Anyone got an idea which itineraries I should be looking at please?

Thank you.