Winter 2024/25 on sale dates

molecrochip

28 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Got the booklet through the post today.

G501 - 11 Jan 2025 - Tenerife, Tortola, Barbados (overnight), St Lucia, Grenada, Antigua, St Kitts, St Maarten, Tenerife, La Coruna.

Beat me to it! Very stingy and two calls at Tenerife. Ventura cruises look far better itineraries 

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Itinerary is important too - when we did the Oceana Cruise, it had the USA ports of New Orleans, Miami, the port for the Kennedy Space Centre and Charleston, which, to my mind,  is more interesting than purely Caribbean ports 

We were booked on Ventura's equivalent this year.  Four, maybe five weeks to go all the USA ports were dropped, so we cancelled (refund received, no arguing about significant changes).  I think it was reported on here that Belize was subsequently dropped as well.

Prices for next year's equivalent had gone up too much for us, and we were already committed for 2024, so hoping that this itinery will there for what seems will be Ventura again for 2025. 🤞

KSC is on my bucket list!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We were booked on Ventura's equivalent this year.  Four, maybe five weeks to go all the USA ports were dropped, so we cancelled (refund received, no arguing about significant changes).  I think it was reported on here that Belize was subsequently dropped as well.

Prices for next year's equivalent had gone up too much for us, and we were already committed for 2024, so hoping that this itinery will there for what seems will be Ventura again for 2025. 🤞

KSC is on my bucket list!

You would be in luck.  

Ventura N501 - 3 Jan 2025 - La Coruna, Bermuda, Freeport, Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, New Orleans (overnight), Miami, Port Canaveral, Ponta Delgada.

Had actually just mentioned this one to the wife.  KSC is a must see for me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Thanks very much Megabear.  Sailing a bit earlier in the year than previous ones that had similar itinery.(I think).

Isn't this itinerary normally repeated October time? To be honest everything I've seen on all itineraries is a repeat. The Britannia and Arvia fly cruises are identical to this year and next.

I'd forgotten about Iona gas supply but assumedly Arvia needs the same and her itineraries don't repeat Tenerife.

Edited by Megabear2

5 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

You would be in luck.  

Ventura N501 - 3 Jan 2025 - La Coruna, Bermuda, Freeport, Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, New Orleans (overnight), Miami, Port Canaveral, Ponta Delgada.

Had actually just mentioned this one to the wife.  KSC is a must see for me.

Thank you very much as well Jaydee.

Had a quick chat with the Ole Lady.  She's happy to try again!  Just wait for prices on Thursday.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Thank you very much as well Jaydee.

Had a quick chat with the Ole Lady.  She's happy to try again!  Just wait for prices on Thursday.

As a matter of interest how much more was it for 2023, I see you said prices too high for you?

Just now, Megabear2 said:

As a matter of interest how much more was it for 2023, I see you said prices too high for you?

Off the top of my head it was about £600pp (inside cabin) but that was the time that we cancelled. I think the price may have dropped a bit later on, closer to what we had paid for 2022.  However, by this time we had committed to something else travelling with friends.

9 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I'd forgotten about Iona gas supply but assumedly Arvia needs the same and her itineraries don't repeat Tenerife.

Don't forget, Arvia will be staying down there so will have bunkering already sorted.  Iona's is slightly different as its a return cruise.  On Arvia's transfer cruise's at start and end of season, they both call in at Tenerife.

10 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Off the top of my head it was about £600pp (inside cabin) but that was the time that we cancelled. I think the price may have dropped a bit later on, closer to what we had paid for 2022.  However, by this time we had committed to something else travelling with friends.

Its March in 2023 and strangely does include Key West.  I've been looking at February and March cruises the past few days - assuming the insurance issue eases.  

7 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Don't forget, Arvia will be staying down there so will have bunkering already sorted.  Iona's is slightly different as its a return cruise.  On Arvia's transfer cruise's at start and end of season, they both call in at Tenerife.

To be truthful I've not looked at them! I noticed the flights aren't available on the 2023 ones and moved on.

5 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

To be truthful I've not looked at them! I noticed the flights aren't available on the 2023 ones and moved on.

How are P&O still able to offer these cruises with flights included, on their web site, when flights are not available ?

Edited by wowzz

22 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Beat me to it! Very stingy and two calls at Tenerife. Ventura cruises look far better itineraries 

If there are the normal 6-7 sea days on the crossings plus the 11 port days that could mean 10 sea days in the Caribbean, which as Yorkshirephil says could very well suit us, as sea days in the Caribbean sunshine are just as good as shore days for us.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

How are P&O still able to offer tgese3 cruises with flights included, ln their web site, when flights are not available ?

If you look at the two 22 night ones they are cruise only.  The straight returns do have flights but they use Barbados.  There are quite a few of the Arvia Antigua ones cruise only at this stage.

38 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

If you look at the two 22 night ones they are cruise only.  The straight returns do have flights but they use Barbados.  There are quite a few of the Arvia Antigua ones cruise only at this stage.

I hope people booking these cruises investigate flight costs first. They could be in for a nasty surprise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Thanks very much Megabear.  Sailing a bit earlier in the year than previous ones that had similar itinery.(I think).

They did used to have a 35 night one in Jan followed by 35 nights in Feb alternating between Caribbean then Caribbean/USA/central America, they seem to have moved this around a bit with a 35 night one in Oct/Nov/Dec, this used to be covered by the 28 nighter. Arcadia is doing the 40 nighter in Nov/Dec this year but not sure if that is a one off.

1 hour ago, jaydee6969 said:

Jaydee do me a big favour and give me the dates for Iona's cruises over the winter months 24/25, was all geared up to do the Iona Caribbean 35 nighter but far too many sea days, think we will do several B to B's out of Southampton on her as we don't fly any longer. Appreciated. 

4 minutes ago, Port out said:

Jaydee do me a big favour and give me the dates for Iona's cruises over the winter months 24/25, was all geared up to do the Iona Caribbean 35 nighter but far too many sea days, think we will do several B to B's out of Southampton on her as we don't fly any longer. Appreciated. 

12/09/24 - Canaries

05/10/24 - Spain & Portugal

19/10/24 - Northern Europe

26/10/24 - France & Spain

02/11/24 - Northern Europe

09/11/24 - Canaries

23/11/24 - Spain & Portugal

07/12/24 - Northern Europe

14/12/24 - Spain & Portugal

28/12/24 - Canaries

11/01/25 - 35 nighter

15/02/25 - Northern Europe

22/02/25 - Northern Europe

01/03/25 - Spain & Portugal

13/03/25 - missing (possible mandatory dry dock?)

01/04/25 - Short break (Bruges/Le Havre)

• Thanks 3