Winter 2024/25 on sale dates

molecrochip

1 hour ago, No pager thank you said:

Yes, I noticed that, a particularly good deal on Ventura I saw to the Canaries also.

We were looking at a Christmas cruise, where for the last few years (including this year on Arvia) the prices have risen from launch, booking to now (this also takes out the "£100 off").  Clearly, Christmas/New Year and the school holidays are the likely ones out.   That's where we found the deal I mentioned. 

My take on the launch price issue is that with the select fare, you can move the booking before the balance is due, thereby taking advantage of any reduction in price, if its significant and your deposit exposure is 5%.  However, you also immunise from the price increase possibility, particularly for a peak time cruise.  The unknown is with headline inflation going at 10% steady and two years of inflation to factor in, I'm not sure how attractive the late deals will look in 2 years time - hard to say.  

That said, people who took the FCCs and rebooked are essentially being penalised now as I see it.

As I understand it the select price move option is only for a holiday of the same price or more now - 

Unlike before when you could move to any other holiday regardless of price.

So you can’t hedge using this option anymore.

I think the only option is to find a holiday that seems a reasonable price now - based on previous cost.

I would say it’s impossible to predict what prices will be in 1 year - they could be much higher with inflation - or similar or possibly lower due to lack of demand due to cost of living.

my feeling is that the core cruise people will always have enough money and so demand will be steady for medium size ships with interesting itineraries.

The mega family ships will probably suffer.

—— maybe !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paulatsea said:

As I understand it the select price move option is only for a holiday of the same price or more now - 

Unlike before when you could move to any other holiday regardless of price.

So you can’t hedge using this option anymore.

I think the only option is to find a holiday that seems a reasonable price now - based on previous cost.

I would say it’s impossible to predict what prices will be in 1 year - they could be much higher with inflation - or similar or possibly lower due to lack of demand due to cost of living.

my feeling is that the core cruise people will always have enough money and so demand will be steady for medium size ships with interesting itineraries.

The mega family ships will probably suffer.

—— maybe !

For us it's twice bitten now very shy!  We are already nearly two grand adrift on this year's Christmas cruise and fully expect the select price to drop again before we sail in 55 days.  

We are booked on Arvia for next Christmas and already the price is £400 less so it's dejavu!  Not going to get caught again so no booking day 1 for 2024.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 9:38 AM, wowzz said:

I think it depends on the deposit. If it is only £50 you have nothing really to lose.

That is exactly what we thought wowzz, and why we booked it. Not as many ports as the Ventura ones, but for us it's the hot weather that's the attraction and Iona has plenty of on board spaces to enjoy the sea days.

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

That is exactly what we thought wowzz, and why we booked it. Not as many ports as the Ventura ones, but for us it's the hot weather that's the attraction and Iona has plenty of on board spaces to enjoy the sea days.

Can you book the new cruises with £50 deposit. I thought it was 10(?) %.

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Can you book the new cruises with £50 deposit. I thought it was 10(?) %.

We  booked it while on board Iona last week, £50pp deposit and £250pp OBC, although I thought the normal deposit was 5%? I just hope we are both fit enough to travel in 2 years time, and that the world wide insurance doesn't make too big a hole in our finances.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We  booked it while on board Iona last week, £50pp deposit and £250pp OBC, although I thought the normal deposit was 5%? I just hope we are both fit enough to travel in 2 years time, and that the world wide insurance doesn't make too big a hole in our finances.

Sorry, I'd  forgotten about  the ob deposit.

Somehow,  I just can't get enthused about booking two years plus in advance. I know in your case you need specific cabins,  but fortunately we have more flexibility. 

I mentioned to swmbo about booking a 2024 cruise,  and was told that we need to get 2023 holidays out of the way first . God knows what would happen if I suggested booking a 2025 cruise!  

In a way, I prefer not to book too far ahead.  Choosing a holiday at short notice, not necessarily a cruise, on a whim, is empowering, and gives more instant gratification than booking something thirty months in advance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Somehow,  I just can't get enthused about booking two years plus in advance. I know in your case you need specific cabins,  but fortunately we have more flexibility. 

I mentioned to swmbo about booking a 2024 cruise,  and was told that we need to get 2023 holidays out of the way first . God knows what would happen if I suggested booking a 2025 cruise!  

In a way, I prefer not to book too far ahead.  Choosing a holiday at short notice, not necessarily a cruise, on a whim, is empowering, and gives more instant gratification than booking something thirty months in advance.

I dont disagree with you wowzz, and in the current economic climate there are some excellent bargains to be had, but in P&Os case these are mainly saver fares with only a guarantee cabin, and even if we were both able bodied I would still want to choose my cabin  and the later you book, the less choice you have.

• Like 3

On 10/23/2022 at 12:13 AM, wowzz said:

I completely understand the sentiment, however ....... 

We normally spend January in Florida and include a (Celebrity) cruise. January 2023 is sorted but as the years go by, I am less thrilled with an overnight flight back to the UK and the jet lag.  Normally we manage to get a deal with Amex and fly CW (business) with BA and even with a flat bed, it is to be endured rather than enjoyed!  DH can sleep anywhere and does not feel the same btw.

My plan for '24 is to fly out to Florida in the spring and cruise back, probably with Celebrity.   I'm looking seriously at booking January 25, N501, USA and Caribbean 35 nights. It's been many years since we have been to New Orleans and I like the itinerary.  I have looked at the same cruise for '24 and it seems to be heavily booked and more expensive than the opening price for '25.  I don't have a P&O cruise until March of next year and am wondering whether to leave it until then, to take advantage of the low deposit, on account of it being so far out.  Or, are prices likely to rise immediately it goes on sale rather than gradually?  In which case, I would be better risking the 10% deposit.

Any advice/thoughts would be welcome.

• Like 1

Apologies if this has been covered but I think someone mentioned that they thought they had seen something about a price promise but wasn't sure.  Anyway, in all its glory here it is (taken from the website)

"Book directly with P&O Cruises and relax knowing that you're guaranteed to have the best price. Not only do you have the added reassurance of booking with our destination and ship experts, but if you find the same holiday for less elsewhere within 24 hours, we'll match it. This means you can enjoy the best value holiday when you book directly with us."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2022 at 10:41 AM, Bill Y said:

Thanks Megabear, I would not doubt you for one second.

As I wondered in post 183 it appears that there are different versions for different potential customers. You are obviously considered a high roller and are worthy of the full fat Jan 23 - Apr 25 tome, where I only qualify for the semi skimmed Sept 24 - Apr 25 brochure. still I must consider myself lucky I suppose as some have pointed out they do not get even that only fully skimmed mail shots.

You mentioned the Amazon in post 185, that is certainly a different experience, the question is for the seven days on the Amazon do wish to do the rest of the itinerary as a lot of people are Caribbeaned out?  It would seem a more interesting itinerary would be to combine the Amazon with a traditional South American cruise (Rio / BA - Santiago) but that is rarely done and probably then only by luxury brands. Certainly not by P&O as they are not welcome in Argentina after the Jeremy Clarkson fiasco, although Fred appear to be.

Christmas 2015 so don't know how much has changed

P1150481.JPG

P1150577.JPG

P1150609.JPG

P1150721.JPG

It would be vaguely interesting to know what system they use to decide who gets what. I got the 31 page version - which is fine by me as I'm very unlikely to book a winter cruise with P&O...

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

It would be vaguely interesting to know what system they use to decide who gets what. I got the 31 page version - which is fine by me as I'm very unlikely to book a winter cruise with P&O...

I received the thick version but my history with P&O is relatively slim - 3 x 7 days and 1 x 10 days over 4 years - all out of Southampton, so definitely not a ‘high roller’ in terms of P&O bookings.

• Like 2

Regarding fares late or early, I've just been invited to book a very short notice cruise at a third of the original price.  I had already cancelled the cruise but am now seriously considering it.  Basically no single supplement, £325 OBC as well.  If I took a saver its even cheaper.  I doubt very much I'm going to book anything P&O in advance after seeing this and what's happening with my Christmas cruise price.

Been busy sorting out Pippaluck for 2024 as unfortunately all the midnight sun cruises in 2023 clash with my annual Kefalonian holiday.  Now very close on that one thankfully.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Regarding fares late or early, I've just been invited to book a very short notice cruise at a third of the original price.  I had already cancelled the cruise but am now seriously considering it.  Basically no single supplement, £325 OBC as well.  If I took a saver its even cheaper.  I doubt very much I'm going to book anything P&O in advance after seeing this and what's happening with my Christmas cruise price.

Been busy sorting out Pippaluck for 2024 as unfortunately all the midnight sun cruises in 2023 clash with my annual Kefalonian holiday.  Now very close on that one thankfully.

How did you get invited to book ? 

We have received nothing at all so just shows how P&O treat loyal customers, with total contempt. Not really a regular cruiser with them only been cruising with them since 2000 and done nearly 40 cruises and have 4 more booked. To be honest equally disgusted with Cunard and feel it is obviously an attitude problem for all Carnival ships so think it is time for a change away from any Carnival company.

Edited by majortom10

We go the cut down version of the brochure for Winter 2024/25, we haven’t even thought about our summer 2023 holiday yet, it will be landed based we already decided that. We had a glance through and nothing took our fancy within our budget, so it was filed! 

Edited by Snow Hill

On 10/23/2022 at 12:13 AM, wowzz said:

When we were on Britannia a week or so ago, we booked Iona for next October. Our thought process was ' well its only a hundred pounds if a better offer comes along ". That's brand loyalty for you.🤔

• Like 2