What is your favorite and least favorite RC embarkation/disembarkation port and why?

time4u2go

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Seattle was by far the most disorganized that I have experienced.

Wait till you board Allure with no boarding bridges 😉🤣🤣

I still haven't seen them arrive in Galveston. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, retired dude said:

favorite-tampa, least favorite for disembark is miami with the conveyer belt luggage mess and the horrible process of getting off of the ship on the explorer with no one monitoring who gets off the ship whenever they want to with no regard for everyone else.

How was boarding I know explorer uses an old terminal at Miami

For ease, Baltimore hands down.  It is literally right off I-95 and is easy in, easy out.  For actual sail out?  I'd say whichever port I'm in because that means we are onboard and going somewhere.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Pt Canaveral hands down

No one else in FL comes close

20220925_191413.jpg.fce271b080bc16fd40bcca00000ea02d.jpg

20220925_191438.jpg.3e6f5fe3f325597186514b87c68a6ee8.jpg

20220920_220750.thumb.jpg.f28ec47615e6d780dc9ce2bd461d3ef8.jpg

20220911_181126.thumb.jpg.40e455a8eb3a0d62e239808afdb7c7c8.jpg

20220729_070825.thumb.jpg.3ed08df5153bf5198fa6d24ef49b3e3a.jpg

20220323_083859.thumb.jpg.03083c7178781c3943d8450e7cc9504b.jpg

Singapore is pretty cool though

20211110_124751.jpg.b8e6dce5b9f63f925f3e26090d933e09.jpg

And who doesn't love Copenhagen

20210827_161038.thumb.jpg.280510ea37a001f613396d04a4a185e6.jpg

Except for the fact that we've cruised out of PC around 10 times in 17 years and have yet to see a launch.  We'll be cruising out on 13 Nov for the second leg of our b2b on Jewel and it was announced today that Artemis is scheduled to launch on 14 Nov, window opens at 1207 am so DH and I plan to stay up as we head towards Nassau and find a place to watch outside (possibly our balcony as we're port side so we'll make a game day decision on that based on our heading).  It won't be as close as in PC, but we'll be able to see it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, davy jones said:

The Cape Liberty terminal is ok, but you can encounter a mile long (or more) line of vehicles waiting to drop off luggage due to the lone access road.  But I can drive there in 90 minutes and don't have to deal with flying hassles.

Baltimore is a longer drive for me, but easy in and out.  The drawback is the limited sailing options.

Baltimore is nice with only $15/day parking (unless it went up this year).    They are very easy in and out.    All of our sailings this year have been out of Cape Liberty as we didn't want to deal with flights this year.    I agree the downside of Cape Liberty is that long line of cars to drop off luggage.   It is usually best to get there first thing in the morning or wait until early afternoon when there is no line and you can walk right onto the ship and go straight to your cabin. 

Sailing out of Bermuda used to be very easy too

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

Favorite, probably Port Canaveral as it’s drivable and easy embarkation (at least in the newer terminal. ).   Granted they get you for parking.  Also easy disembarkation and hitting the road.

least favorite- Seattle and San Juan are a tie.  Seattle due to the horrible one lane in for 2 cruise lines and then having to fight the sea of people to get luggage through security and back through sea of people to head to checkin.  San Juan as the employees were rude, no clear signage and having to wait outside inin the sun with no shade.   Of course the taxis charging about double to take you back to the airport vs what they charged to bring you there.

just our experiences and opinions.

Erika

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BND said:

Except for the fact that we've cruised out of PC around 10 times in 17 years and have yet to see a launch.  We'll be cruising out on 13 Nov for the second leg of our b2b on Jewel and it was announced today that Artemis is scheduled to launch on 14 Nov, window opens at 1207 am so DH and I plan to stay up as we head towards Nassau and find a place to watch outside (possibly our balcony as we're port side so we'll make a game day decision on that based on our heading).  It won't be as close as in PC, but we'll be able to see it.

They seem to be them weekly now. 

Falcon Heavy Saturday in the AM. Those are cool since they land the outer boosters at the cape.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

LOL, every time I look at this picture, I move towards it to  pick something off of my monitor screen:

20220925_191413.jpg.fce271b080bc16fd40bcca00000ea02d.jpg

Damn bird. Guess I just got lucky. @Sea Dog cleaned it up once, but I didn't save it.

Hope to learn some Photo Shop before World Cruise

Farorite- EASILY San Juan! The culture, history, beautiful departure. Second favorite- Ft Lauderdale. Minutes from the airport. Just a great place to cruise from!

Least favorite- Galveston.  Getting there from an airport is a bummer. Not very picturesque.  

• Like 1

Favourite = Southampton, easy 1 hour drive, parking right outside the ship, bags collected by the

porters direct from car,  lovely sail out down the solent to the open ocean

Least favourite = Galveston.

International flights from UK only to Houston, IAH.  Long, not very scenic drive to port. Though we enjoyed visiting the Space Centre

I found hotels in Seattle and Boston very expensive, though no problems with the ports

Edited by sgmn