Captain kate

crusinpeg

16 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I mean no disrespect in the following comment but  didn’t Kate et al get a much needed break during the shut down?  I just kinda feel like right now it should be all hands on deck to get these cruise lines back to cash flow positive. 

Though the ships were wandering around the Bahamas, Mediterranean, San Diego, etc. during layup, every ship had to have a captain onboard.  The only captains who got a needed respite were those that rotated home, and then could not get a visa to come back.  Ships have to come into port to swap out captains…no visa, no swap.  EM

44 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

No doubt this thread promises to increasingly become more riveting. Perhaps a better question would be, when will Captain Kate return to the Equinox? Lots of posters on the edge of their seats. It just doesn't get more exciting. 

* Spoiler Alert *

She probably won’t be returning to Equinox.

She's been to the Edge, passed the Apex but went Beyond. Maybe someday she will start the Ascent?

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I mean no disrespect in the following comment but  didn’t Kate et al get a much needed break during the shut down?  I just kinda feel like right now it should be all hands on deck to get these cruise lines back to cash flow positive. 

She worked 9 months straight. The typical captain contract is 3 months on, 3 months off. She IS getting a much needed break right now. 

Edited by WheresWalter
  • Like 2

No idea if X or even Kate would this but I think she would be best utilized to remain the Capt of the latest ship.  For example, she would remain on the Beyond (with time off of course) until the Ascent is ready to sail and then she'd move to that ship and stay there (again she gets time off) until the 5th E-Class ship is ready to sail.  That would be some of the best marketing in the cruise industry and it would bring immediate expertise at the ship launch.

• Like 1

She is back onboard, still on vacation but pix have been posted on another social media site.

Her vids from Italy were prerecorded and posted later.  She also said on IG that she'd be back for a bit in Oct/Nov. So her vacay on land is done, her husband's home in Croatia for now per HIS IG and below is her IG comment.

Screenshot_20221012_010139.jpg

1 hour ago, WheresWalter said:

She worked 9 months straight. The typical captain contract is 3 months on, 3 months off. She IS getting a much needed break right now. 

Agree with you!  Did you read the rest of this thread?  I think I’ve offered up plenty of humble pie in light of fellow CC responses. I’m happy to admit when I’ve been short sighted. 😊

Don't think that Capt. K's charisma and popularity has gone unnoticed outside Celebrity circles. Without mentioning names, one Nice Cruise Line has offered X two experienced ship's captains, one hotel director, two-line cooks and $100,000 cash in a trade for Captain Kate. Another Medicore Sailing Company is willing to make a straight swap, Captain Kate for one ship. Yet, a third cruise line has contacted KM directly promising her all the fun she could possibly have, a seven-figure salary, unlimited treats for Bug Naked and free tickets to LIV Golf events. X is currently preparing counter offers.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Now she knows how current cruisers feel after those wonderful post-Covid, 40% occupancy cruises. 

I would bet she is incentivized based on the profitability of the cruise line. She probably has a vested interest in 100% occupancy.

29 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Captain Kate is currently on the Beyond. It not working.  She was up at the Retreat Sun Deck this afternoon with. Bug.

I’m on the next sailing from NJ to Fort Lauderdale. My roll call is wondering if she’ll be on that sailing also. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, megr1125 said:

Nice try.  

No try---as of now she has not personally posted anything establishing herself as on board, just shared others' content.  I didn't realize the TA began today---and am not surprised she joined in order to be at the festivities in NYC next week.