Carnival Cruise Line Cracks Down On Deck Chair Hogs

mnocket

18 hours ago, shiner6 said:

Totally agree. This is what I do.  I just move their stuff.  Would you leave your belongings anywhere else in the world and expect it to be there after you're gone?  Nooo!!! I would expect my belongings to be long gone.  

When I'm at Starbucks or my local patisserie I leave my stuff, go to the counter, maybe restroom. and it's not touched. So, yeah, I expect the same on a ship. But I have a small mesh bag that I hook to my belt loop when off the ship (hate purses) so I'll leave that. Thanks for the tip @PescadoAmarillo. Now off to Ace Hardware to get a better clip.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DCThunder said:

The next source of revenue for Carnival (and other lines by extension) will be selling time in regular pool loungers in 30- or 60-minute increments.  If they can charge for a luxury experience like the Sanctuary and other fancy "elite" venues, why not the spots alongside the pool for the unwashed masses yearning to breathe free.

You want a primo spot besides the pool for all day?  What's it worth to you?

Not sure if you intended this as a joke, but once they figure out how to do it, this will happen. 

Instead of monitoring the lounges all day long, it seems to me that all they really need to do is monitor in the morning when the chair hogs arrive early to "reserve" their lounges.  It's the people who place a towel on the lounge at 8am and then disappear until after lunch that need to be stopped.  Stop the "early bird reservation" practice and you've solved the majority of the problem. jmho

• Like 14

20 hours ago, shiner6 said:

Totally agree. This is what I do.  I just move their stuff.  Would you leave your belongings anywhere else in the world and expect it to be there after you're gone?  Nooo!!! I would expect my belongings to be long gone.  

My DW swims laps. What should she do with her stuff while she swims if people like you feel entitled to move it?

1 minute ago, mnocket said:

Instead of monitoring the lounges all day long, it seems to me that all they really need to do is monitor in the morning when the chair hogs arrive early to "reserve" their lounges.  It's the people who place a towel on the lounge at 8am and then disappear until after lunch that need to be stopped.  Stop the "early bird reservation" practice and you've solved the majority of the problem. jmho

Great idea. I think you have nailed what is the main source of the problem and came up with a solution for it. Thank you.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Please tell me this is a joke.  40 minutes is fair, 20 minutes is too sort to be able to leave your chair, go get food from pizza to buffet and a drink, eat, and then get back to your chair. I never mentioned dinner, just leaving to eat and coming back. Not to mention people who are in the pool the whole time.

Common sense needs to be used. 

I think you're the one joking! Common sense needs to prevail.. and you're just taking the mickey! If you've gone to eat.. you've finished having your lie-down. It's the next persons turn!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2022 at 7:42 AM, kywildcatfanone said:

I think 40 is about right.  20 is too short.  I can't make my way into the buffet and eat and back in 20 minutes.  40 minutes allows you to go exercise, eat something and return.  I think that is more than fair.

What you have here boys and girls is a textbook example of a Chair Hog. Presented by a self-described Chair Hog. 

Bazinga!!!🤣

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

I think you're the one joking! Common sense needs to prevail.. and you're just taking the mickey! If you've gone to eat.. you've finished having your lie-down. It's the next persons turn!!! 

I can't believe I'm having to type this to an adult.  If I am at the pool on a lounger and I go to get a burger or slice of pizza for lunch and come back, I should not have to lose my chair.  You can't be serious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I can't believe I'm having to type this to an adult.  If I am at the pool on a lounger and I go to get a burger or slice of pizza for lunch and come back, I should not have to lose my chair.  You can't be serious.

Different ideas of what a pool lounger is.  It's not just a place to take a nap (a lie-down) but it's also a chair to sit on to eat lunch or read or whatever.  If it were just a bed where someone took a nap, I guess it would make sense to wake up and move on, sort of like getting out of bed, but getting up from the "chair" to go get a hot dog is not the same thing.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Yer swimmin’ upstream against the current, Karen. 🤣

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, mnocket said:

OMG!  Princess is not even monitoring Covid on their ships anymore and some some how they are now going to get the backbone to tackle chair hogs.  As we have learned, Princess only suggests rules but never enforces them.  Chair hogs are safe to hog on. 🐷

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

OMG!  Princess is not even monitoring Covid on their ships anymore and some some how they are now going to get the backbone to tackle chair hogs.  As we have learned, Princess only suggests rules but never enforces them.  Chair hogs are safe to hog on. 🐷

Alas, chair hogs aren't going to be extinct any time soon!

image.jpeg.4092b35bf943a7a318604bb9dc4790f7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Chair hogs are safe to hog on. 🐷

Very true. And the sad part is that they are able to justify their inconsiderate behavior without a moment’s hesitation.
can't make my way into the buffet and eat and back in 20 minutes”

Just SMH!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I'm serious. Just like the others on here.. struggling to get our heads around your sense of entitlement. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

I'm serious. Just like the others on here.. struggling to get our heads around your sense of entitlement. 

Entitlement to a chair I'm gone from for a few minutes to use the bathroom, get a burger and drink?  Yeah, I'm a chair hog.  You got me.

20 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

More than 20-mins to go to your cabin to use the bathroom?? Seriously?!

Yes.  By the time you walk (or ride the elevator if they are busy) down the stairs, go down the hallway, get to your cabin, go to the bathroom, wash your hands and reverse that, it CAN take that long.....speaking from a person who had colon surgery a few years ago who is eating things not quite her normal stuff.  Yes.    But, my point is 20 minutes isn't long enough, but I think 30 is.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

I'm in agreement with kywildcatfanone.   Getting up and going to the grill to grab a hot dog/hamburger and a drink and then returning is perfectly fine.   That is NOT entitlement

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Good grief.  This thread isn't about Covid, why bring it up?  

7 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

Good grief.  This thread isn't about Covid, why bring it up?  

It also wasn't about Princess "going to get the backbone to tackle chair hogs."  It's about Carnival Cruise Line doing it, but I guess some people hate Princess so much they'll take any opportunity to take pot shots...

2 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

According to your opinion.