Suite or Diamond Lounge plus Coastal Kitchen question

cwtravel

Hello-

I am a new Royal Caribbean cruiser but fortunately have Elite status on Celebrity so have been Diamond on my two Royal cruises. I am considering a Crown Loft Suite on the Oasis which has access to the Suite Lounge.Would I also have access to the Diamond Lounge? Is the Suite Lounge a step up from the Diamond Lounge?

Also, any thoughts on Coastal Kitchen?

Thanks - Chris

You will have access to both lounges. They are both good places to go,but the suite lounge will be larger and will have fewer people. It will also give you access to an outside section where you can sit and lounge without having to worry about chair hogs. It will also have a separate bar. Enjoy.

I don't know about CK,but will find out how good it is in Dec.

You'll have comp drinks in the SL during happy hours...DL no comp drinks you'll have to use your 4 drink vouchers or use them anytime during the day at most all bars. So easy to figure out what lounge during what hours will work out for you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cwtravel said:

...Also, any thoughts on Coastal Kitchen?

Thanks - Chris

Coastal Kitchen is much quieter than the MDR. The menu usually has less on it than the MDR. Tonight the MDR has 2 more appetizers and 1 more entrée than Coastal Kitchen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fatbird said:

You will have access to both lounges. They are both good places to go,but the suite lounge will be larger and will have fewer people. It will also give you access to an outside section where you can sit and lounge without having to worry about chair hogs. It will also have a separate bar. Enjoy.

I don't know about CK,but will find out how good it is in Dec.

Outside section?  On the Oasis???

You will absolutely love the Crown Loft!  Yes you have access to both the Diamond lounge (typically very crowded) and the suite lounge- great and "free drinks " during certain hours.  Nice treats during the day and very comfortable seating.  The Coastal kitchen is attached to the suite lounge and we found the food to be much better then the buffet or other "free" dining venues.  But of course less choice.  The suite sun deck is also great.  Very comfortable seating- a great bar with a wonderful bartender.  We prefer the harmony as it has a hot tub.  The Oasis only has a shower water feature.  If you want to go in a pool or hot tub, you need to go down to the pool deck.  

If your budget allows, treat yourself to a crown loft!  Great location-two full bathrooms tons of storage.

19 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

I am surprised by these responses.  I thought suite guides had access to only the suite lounge but not the Diamond lounge.  Doesn’t this add to the overcrowding in the DL?  Just a thought.  Katherine 

FWIW, the DL hasn’t been very crowded at all in my experience now that happy hour doesn’t include free drinks. Clearly others may have had other experiences.

Besides my daily morning cappuccino run, I only pop in at night to check out the snacks (which vary from good to awful) & perhaps chill for a short term if it’s on a ship where it’s in the crown. Not much interest in the basement location on most Oasis class ship.

• Like 1

We had a crown loft ( ocean view ) last month on Allure.

Same set up as the Oasis. Costal Kitchen was very good in terms of service ,

food and ambience. 

Suite lounge offers free drinks from 11 - 11 every day.

Just be aware that there are two types of suites, the ones facing the rear of the ship do not offer much privacy as they overlook an activity area of the ship.

8 hours ago, cwtravel said:

Hello-

I am a new Royal Caribbean cruiser but fortunately have Elite status on Celebrity so have been Diamond on my two Royal cruises. I am considering a Crown Loft Suite on the Oasis which has access to the Suite Lounge.Would I also have access to the Diamond Lounge? Is the Suite Lounge a step up from the Diamond Lounge?

Also, any thoughts on Coastal Kitchen?

Thanks - Chris

We loved the Crown Loft suite on Harmony on Deck 17 with direct access to the Suite Lounge and CK.  Nice set up.  We barely used the Diamond Lounge (although we are D+).  Since you are D on RCCL in a CL suite you can use both.  You can use CK as well with a CL suite.  But IMO not as good as Luminae on Celebrity - but subjective of course.

We are diamond plus and always book suites , rarely go to diamond lounge except if it’s closer to get a coffee, the suite lounge gives you unlimited drinks from 5 to 8 , as already said diamond status gives you 4 drinks anywhere and anytime, both normally have a 13 dollar limit , so if you want a better glass of wine that cost 15 you just pay the difference plus tip so 2.36. I like costal kitchen for breakfast and lunch for dinner I find it hit or miss and prefer going to specialty restaurants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

diamond status gives you 4 drinks anywhere and anytime, both normally have a 13 dollar limit

$14 now that the standard price of drinks has gone from $13 to $14.

Edited by OCSC Mike

1 minute ago, George C said:

I thought it varies from ship to ship at least it did at one point , we all know rccl is not consistent 😁😁

Some sailings in different markets may have a different price since includes grats, but the underlying price and what kind of drinks it covers should be the same fleetwide.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the replies!
I used the Diamond Lounge (on Freedom and Adventure) for coffee, got drinks at various locations on the ship. I doubt I would go into the D Lounge with access to the Suite Lounge. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

FWIW, the DL hasn’t been very crowded at all in my experience now that happy hour doesn’t include free drinks. Clearly others may have had other experiences.

Besides my daily morning cappuccino run, I only pop in at night to check out the snacks (which vary from good to awful) & perhaps chill for a short term if it’s on a ship where it’s in the crown. Not much interest in the basement location on most Oasis class ship.

Yes agree the crowding can certainly vary. So many D's on our recent PC itinerary on Serenade they used the Viking Crown lounge for the DL, the usual DL for Pinnacles and the SL for suites. We could also use both SL/DL but there was never a seat in the DL...too bad as of course it had the better sea views. The SL was pretty empty nightly.

116 Pinnacles

326 D+

357 D's 

Glad I found this thread!
We will be in a Loft suite on our next cruise.  Does anyone remember what kind of coffee maker will be in the room?  (We will be on Allure, in case they have different machines on different ships).  
I know the stewards will be happy to bring us as much coffee as we want, but we do have our favorites, so I bring Nespresso pods or k-cups when that's an option

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

There's really no reason to go to the Diamond lounge if you have suite lounge access

Was on the Navigator in the VP suite at the front of the ship; ended up going to Diamond lounge for morning coffee as it seemed closer when using the elevator.