Newly agressive PCCs

pbenjamin

I often do fake bookings on ncl.com, to see what cost, availability, etc. is like.  In the past, such a visit would often result in automated emails to finish the booking, kind of annoying, but harmless.  Twice recently such visits have resulted in phone calls to both house and cell from someone claiming to be a PCC.  I have a PCC.  At 6:30 this morning I was awakened by such a call.  This new activity is more than annoying.  I spoke to my PCC and he was unclear on why this was happening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pbenjamin said:

I often do fake bookings on ncl.com, to see what cost, availability, etc. is like.  In the past, such a visit would often result in automated emails to finish the booking, kind of annoying, but harmless.  Twice recently such visits have resulted in phone calls to both house and cell from someone claiming to be a PCC.  I have a PCC.  At 6:30 this morning I was awakened by such a call.  This new activity is more than annoying.  I spoke to my PCC and he was unclear on why this was happening.

If I might ask, were you longed onto your NCL account when you did your fake bookings; otherwise how would they know your contact information? I do fake booking quite often as well, but never while I'm also logged on. However, the NCL website will usually remember my PC's MAC address since it usually asks if I want to complete the booking I was working on the last time I visited the site.

• Like 2

I believe that I was logged in, in fact I think it remembers me and logs me in automatically.  Maybe I should do my fake booking from another browser that doesn't log me in, but my behavior hasn't changed and this was not happening in the past.

Edited by pbenjamin

3 minutes ago, pbenjamin said:

I believe that I was logged in, in fact I think it remembers me and logs me in automatically.  Maybe I should do my fake booking from another browser that doesn't log me in, but my behavior hasn't changed and this was not happening in the past.

If you checked the "Stay Logged In" option the last time you logged in that's probably what's causing that. Just logoff your NCL account and uncheck that box the next time your logon and should not run into that issue again.

• Like 1

As soon as you are finished looking at the cruise you’re staking out, go directly to your NCL account online, and scroll down and look for the placard for the cruise you were just looking at.  There will be a tiny X in the upper right corner of it.   Click it, and the history of that search will be deleted from your account.  

1 hour ago, MotownVoice said:

As soon as you are finished looking at the cruise you’re staking out, go directly to your NCL account online, and scroll down and look for the placard for the cruise you were just looking at.  There will be a tiny X in the upper right corner of it.   Click it, and the history of that search will be deleted from your account.  

That's a great tip.    Like OP, I've been looking at options for cruises next year, and the same PCC has called me three times in the past month to see if I want to book. I do use private mode browsing sometimes to see if there's a difference, but more often than not, I've just looked at the cruise I already have booked, or am looking at my latitude offers.

I just figure that they're pursuing leads and they haven't been really pushy about it.   Gave me their contact info in case I decide to book.

We had several itinerary shifts for our next cruise so today I called to adjust our specialty dining reservations since we prefer to book them on sea days.  On the survey at the end of our conversation I was asked if I would be happy to use the person who helped me in the future.  I said yes because she was both sweet and competent.  However, if left me wondering if I had just done and unwitting disservice to our regular PCC, who we are quite happy with.   

• Like 1

Thank you for doing this stream.  I do fake bookings all the time.  Usually to see if the Haven is booked completely for an upcoming cruise.  Also, to see what the solo prices look like.  The only time I ever log in is when I clicked the "Past Guest" under the advanced search function.  That is to find out if there is a price advantage for past guest on cruises I am interested in.  

I find if I do my due diligence, I can tell my PCC (independent from NCL) exactly what I want and confirm the pricing.  If I had the choice, I would book all of my cruises with the brand like NCL.  Yet, the brands are missing the boat (Pun intended).  I want my American Express Platinum card perks which can only be given if you book with American Express Travel of an agent that supports the AMX program. 

Funny story, I was going to book an Oceania Cruise for next November 2023.  I called the Brand and told the PCC what I wanted.  He never called me back.  I booked with an American Express Agent and got the perks. If he would called or even shown interest, I would have done business with him even though the AMX perks were lost.  When you want personalized service, you don't get it.  When you want to simply do research, they are all over you.  Interesting world we live in.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MotownVoice said:

Nice tip, thanks.  That's how to avoid the annoyance, but I still don't understand why they have started making these unnecessary contacts when I haven't done anything different than I have done in the past.

• Like 1

Just now, pbenjamin said:

Nice tip, thanks.  That's how to avoid the annoyance, but I still don't understand why they have started making these unnecessary contacts when I haven't done anything different than I have done in the past.

Stuff like this happens everytime a company hires a new manager of something.   They always feel like they have to make a big show of themselves when really, usually the company will be just as happy that the building continued not to burn down after the last guy quit.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pbenjamin said:

Calls from PCCs after I do mock bookings online have been happening to me for years. I just ignore them if I dont need to speak with them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, timf2001 said:

My PCC has been calling 2-3 times a week lately.  I tried to tell him to take me off his list, but he still calls so I just don't answer.  When I'm ready to book I'll do it online.

They must be under pressure from company.

Holland can also be like this too

• Like 1

I have started getting emails recently to “ complete” my booking but I have not received phone calls from random PCCs.  I have a fabulous PCC who we’ve used for about 14 years and I would never book online or with a random agent as she would lose the commission and she’s been too good to us over the years for me to take bread off her table.

• Like 1

I have had calls from three different people claiming they are my new PCC plus a call from the pre-cruise concierge. Long story short I decided to ask one of them a specific question about the Joy,

She called me back and left a message with a generic answer. From now on I will  just book it myself online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peachypooh said:

I have had calls from three different people claiming they are my new PCC plus a call from the pre-cruise concierge. Long story short I decided to ask one of them a specific question about the Joy,

She called me back and left a message with a generic answer. From now on I will  just book it myself online.

I was on the Joy twice last year.  Once in the Haven and once as a solo in a Club Balcony Suite. You can ask me any questions you like.  

16 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I was on the Joy twice last year.  Once in the Haven and once as a solo in a Club Balcony Suite. You can ask me any questions you like.  

Thank you so much! I was wondering if the aft Haven cabins had a problem with more than the usual vibration. I heard that some people had to be moved for that reason.

2 minutes ago, Peachypooh said:

Thank you so much! I was wondering if the aft Haven cabins had a problem with more than the usual vibration. I heard that some people had to be moved for that reason.

@Peachypooh Some like the vibration so really don't.  I like it because it helps me sleep.  If movement is not good for you, choose another location.  The reason why folks like those Haven Suites in the aft is of course the size of the balcony.  

The general complaints are is it a long way from the Haven Proper, Haven Pool, Sundeck and Restaurant.  For me and my wife, we don't care.  Then there is the vibration as you mentioned.  Finally there is a smell from the smoke on occasion.  Again, not an issue for us.  

That should give you some perspective.  Now onto the Joy itself.  I loved the Joy and not everyone does.  The entire Haven Staff treated my family and I like Rock Stars.  I think you know that about the Haven though.  So when I was not in the Haven, going solo in a Club Balcony Suite, I loved the ship as well.  My favorite formal bar was the Haven Bar but when I did not have access, it was the "A" list bar in front of Cagney's.  For a night time great time it was the Sugar Cane because the musical group their was so much fun.  The first night go to the Beatles Show in the Main Theatre and don't miss there sets in the Cavern Club.  Even if you have to stand, don't miss it.  Try not to stand by the door.  For Elements, sit upfront, center by the riser in the middle of the stage.  I will not tell you why but you will thank me.  For Footloose there is not a bad seat in the house.  

If you go to Cagney's, try the Chocolate Cake for desert.  The Haven used to have this same cake but is was a single serving, small, and round.  They have something that looks the same but is not the same.  The cake in Cagney's is a slice, huge and fantastic. I would choose something other than the prime rib because the Haven's is great.  The Rib eye and Lamb Chops were outstanding. If you have the Premium Plus Beverage Package and eating in the French Restaurant, have the good French Champagne by the glass.  It makes the night.  The lamb is also my favorite item on that menu.  

Have the Haven Bar Tender make you a "Smoking" drink.  It is a show and great fun.  The Haven Horizon Observation Deck is never crowded and has the Haven Famous Almond Crescents. The Coffee machine does GREAT specialty Coffees or go down one deck where their is a full service Starbucks.  Can you tell I am EXCITED for you?????

I was wondering about the sudden calls from new PCCs. I had just gotten off a ship and received a call from a new PCC the next day asking if they could help me plan my next cruise.  I got a bit snippy since I had just gotten sick and had been up almost 24 hours due to the NCL flight I had received. Yesterday I got another call and informed her I already had a PCC. I hope this is not going to start happening after every time I look up cruises.  Thanks for all the suggestions on how to avoid them "watching" every time I'm just looking at cruises.

• Like 1

I went through and did a mock booking and then some new PCC called me four days in a row, and e-mailed me three times.  Finally on the 4th call I answered and told him I was just doing a mock booking to check something, and that I had a cruise already booked.  He said no problem, to reach out to him if I needed anything on my current booking.  I've since sent him four e-mails asking him for some help, and I've not heard a thing from him.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@Peachypooh Some like the vibration so really don't.  I like it because it helps me sleep.  If movement is not good for you, choose another location.  The reason why folks like those Haven Suites in the aft is of course the size of the balcony.  

The general complaints are is it a long way from the Haven Proper, Haven Pool, Sundeck and Restaurant.  For me and my wife, we don't care.  Then there is the vibration as you mentioned.  Finally there is a smell from the smoke on occasion.  Again, not an issue for us.  

That should give you some perspective.  Now onto the Joy itself.  I loved the Joy and not everyone does.  The entire Haven Staff treated my family and I like Rock Stars.  I think you know that about the Haven though.  So when I was not in the Haven, going solo in a Club Balcony Suite, I loved the ship as well.  My favorite formal bar was the Haven Bar but when I did not have access, it was the "A" list bar in front of Cagney's.  For a night time great time it was the Sugar Cane because the musical group their was so much fun.  The first night go to the Beatles Show in the Main Theatre and don't miss there sets in the Cavern Club.  Even if you have to stand, don't miss it.  Try not to stand by the door.  For Elements, sit upfront, center by the riser in the middle of the stage.  I will not tell you why but you will thank me.  For Footloose there is not a bad seat in the house.  

If you go to Cagney's, try the Chocolate Cake for desert.  The Haven used to have this same cake but is was a single serving, small, and round.  They have something that looks the same but is not the same.  The cake in Cagney's is a slice, huge and fantastic. I would choose something other than the prime rib because the Haven's is great.  The Rib eye and Lamb Chops were outstanding. If you have the Premium Plus Beverage Package and eating in the French Restaurant, have the good French Champagne by the glass.  It makes the night.  The lamb is also my favorite item on that menu.  

Have the Haven Bar Tender make you a "Smoking" drink.  It is a show and great fun.  The Haven Horizon Observation Deck is never crowded and has the Haven Famous Almond Crescents. The Coffee machine does GREAT specialty Coffees or go down one deck where their is a full service Starbucks.  Can you tell I am EXCITED for you?????

You are so kind to take the time to answer my question and give me other  information. Yes the Almond Crescents in the Haven are awesome! Thanks for being excited for us. You have been so helpful to so many people on this forum. Thanks again.

• Thanks 1

I am constantly logged into my NCL account (I have way too many passwords for hundreds of sites and don't want to have to keep looking for them)...

Anyway, I have done fake bookings (while logged in) at least twice a week for the last six months, checking for price drops on our upcoming cruises. I have never received a call from NCL (that I know of...I don't answer calls from unknown numbers). But I have gotten the "finish your booking" emails, which I instantly delete. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2022 at 4:14 PM, pbenjamin said:

On 10/21/2022 at 7:10 PM, Sthrngary said:

I do fake bookings all the time.  Usually to see if the Haven is booked completely for an upcoming cruise. 

We are cruising next month.  We have bids on several different upgrade options, so occassionally I will take a peek to see how many cabins are still available.

I GOT A CALL AT 9PM ONE NIGHT! (I had just gotten into bed)... I thought they were going to tell me that I was upgraded!! (hahaha)... but no, just blah blah blah.... I don't get it, if you know who I am, you can see that I AM ALREADY BOOKED ON THAT SAILING....once I told her that, she was like, oh, well have a nice evening... also, I already have a PCP/PVP that I deal with directly, so why are YOU calling me??

• Like 1