Icon OTS Inaugural details?

With the inaugural sailing on Jan 27th almost sold out, I was pulled by everyone's excitement and now I have a really expensive stateroom on hold. 🙂

My question is - what will be so special on that inaugural sailing? Any special events,  celebrities, give-aways?

There was quite a 'lively' thread a couple of days ago about whether this will actually be the inaugral voyage.

If you take the term as its strict definition of the first sailing with paying passengers I have my doubts personally. Irrespective of this I think the first sailing out of Miami will be celebrated and will be occasion.

I've been on two maiden voyages ... Radiance (3 night pre-inaugural) and Quantum (8 night non-stop TA).

The special experience on Radiance was very long delays with MDR dinner (IIRC, 75% of the staff was new).

The special experience on Quantum was the ship was still incomplete.  Bathrooms/Northstar elevator used as storage closets.  "Finish" workers all over the ship, running cables, etc.  Bionic bar put on a great show with all the mishaps. 

Still had a great time on both.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just means 10 years from now you will still be kicking yourself you over paid for a sailing on this ship that Was Not the first sailing after all.

Yep.  I always get a kick out of how there is more than one "inaugural" sailing, when "inaugural" basically means "first".

29 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I’m the cruise world it seems inaugural =/ maiden/first. 

What about Royal's world? TBD at  a later date.

Ship builder is saying right "Heck it's 15 months from now I'm not going to promise you any date. You think I have a crystal ball?"

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

My first "inaugural" was on Freedom of the Seas and have done about 5 or 6.  The first one was great...lots of great gifts and on the date advertised.  Since then, the dates have been moved around, more short sailings sold before the "inaugural", fewer gifts, and more malfunctioning.  In spite of all that, we're booked on the Jan. '27 sailing and hope again to be on the first revenue. With all the chaos, we love to say 20 or 30 years later, we were the first. It's up to you.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Florida Fan said:

My first "inaugural" was on Freedom of the Seas and have done about 5 or 6.  The first one was great...lots of great gifts and on the date advertised.  Since then, the dates have been moved around, more short sailings sold before the "inaugural", fewer gifts, and more malfunctioning.  In spite of all that, we're booked on the Jan. '27 sailing and hope again to be on the first revenue. With all the chaos, we love to say 20 or 30 years later, we were the first. It's up to you.

I can see your point of view, but I will be happy to say I went on the second cruise on Icon and saved almost 50% of what it cost to be on the first cruise. This assumes nothing changes with the current announced dates.