Port Everglades closed

jayhawk66

I just checked on Port Everglades status and it is is closed through 11/10 due to the incoming tropical storm. Sadly this affects both the Eurodam and Rotterdam due in port 11/9. Below is link to relevant report:

https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/MSIB_22_024_Port_Condition_Yankee_NICOLE_signed_fe393129-5d54-466c-9e36-baa85b6b7194.pdf

Just now, Sir PMP said:

If you look at the webcam, it's still open, Celebrity in town.

Correct. The possible closure was as of 8 am today. Beyond had already docked. It appears it up to port when and if the Beyond can leave on its five day cruise.

• Thanks 1

They will have to remain onboard until the ship can safely proceed to Port Everglades, I would think.  This happened to my DD several years ago when their ship couldn't make it into Galveston due to fog.  They had to change flights (3 times in one day) and the ship didn't get into port until a day later. 

4 hours ago, jayhawk66 said:

I just checked on Port Everglades status and it is is closed through 11/10

If the Celebrity Beyond is departing now then the port is NOT closed.

That Coast Guard document was in government speak and I did not understand. 

4 hours ago, jayhawk66 said:

I just checked on Port Everglades status and it is is closed through 11/10 due to the incoming tropical storm. Sadly this affects both the Eurodam and Rotterdam due in port 11/9. Below is link to relevant report:

https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/MSIB_22_024_Port_Condition_Yankee_NICOLE_signed_fe393129-5d54-466c-9e36-baa85b6b7194.pdf

4 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

If the Celebrity Beyond is departing now then the port is NOT closed.

That Coast Guard document was in government speak and I did not understand. 

Closed is not an all or nothing thing but takes place in stages.  The port closed to arrivals at 8AM today and all ships are strongly urged to leave (required except under certain circumstances).  At 8PM no one will be allowed in or out.

Roy

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, traderhammer said:

currently on Eurodam

Captain informed that we are not docking tomorrow morning as scheduled.  Maybe Thursday.

Thank you.  "Maybe" on Thursday best wishes with getting home.  I'm hunkered down in a Fort Lauderdale hotel.

Roy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

They will have to remain onboard until the ship can safely proceed to Port Everglades, I would think.  This happened to my DD several years ago when their ship couldn't make it into Galveston due to fog.  They had to change flights (3 times in one day) and the ship didn't get into port until a day later. 

We were scheduled to sail out of Galveston a few yrs ago when fog kept our ship from coming back in.  They did get in the same day, but much later than scheduled.  We boarded ship around 8-9PM. 

I am just happy they try to keep us safe while at sea.  Hope everyone is safe & the storm blows over quickly.