Anyone having issues with payment for Black Friday?

LuCruise

I logged in this morning and saw Deluxe Beverage for $72.99 BOGO 50% off which would be good pricing for sure. When I clicked in, I got a "this sailing has been canceled" message! That's a bit extreme. Refreshed and of course it was gone and back to the old pricing.  Maybe it will come back again like one of the reps mentioned to a previous poster. lol

For anyone with pending (additional) charges, will these just drop off or do we have to call Royal and ask them to remove them?  Didn't have any during the original issue (eventually booked that one on the app).  Then booked another excursion last night when it came back up.  That one was ok.  Then it had an issue again when I tried to purchase one additional item.  Booking didn't complete (error again about cc issue), but we noticed the pending charge on our credit card.

On 11/18/2022 at 10:16 AM, The Scurvy Pirate said:

My cruise "sailed away" as I was trying to book the items.  I had tried to delete the Voom as the price increased when it went into my cart, and everything froze at that point.  Went to call the main number and it said wait time was 60-90 minutes.  Like the person above, called C&A and then #9 and was connected in less than a minute.  Was able to "keep" the prices that had previously been shown on the web page (Coco cay beach club ($88.99 +VAT of $17.78)) without the mysterious increase some have been experiencing.

Why did I get charged “taxes” of $17.78? 88.98 + 88.98 +17.78.  I’m from the U.S. using my Royal B of A Visa. 

29 minutes ago, KelJ said:

Why did I get charged “taxes” of $17.78? 88.98 + 88.98 +17.78.  I’m from the U.S. using my Royal B of A Visa. 

There's a VAT tax imposed by the Bahamian government. You'll see VAT on all things you purchase for Coco Cay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

For anyone with pending (additional) charges, will these just drop off or do we have to call Royal and ask them to remove them?  Didn't have any during the original issue (eventually booked that one on the app).  Then booked another excursion last night when it came back up.  That one was ok.  Then it had an issue again when I tried to purchase one additional item.  Booking didn't complete (error again about cc issue), but we noticed the pending charge on our credit card.

I'm going to call since that's the same issue I have. Very frustrating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

The pending charges should drop off.  I'm going to watch mine and if they do show up as a posted charge, then I'll call.  I've had this happen before, not just Royal, and the pending charges eventually fall off, depending on your credit card company.  It's like when you check into a hotel or get onboard the ship.  They put a 'hold' on some funds in anticipation of eventually putting the charge all the way through.  So just check your card daily. Some take just a few days to drop off, others can take at least a week.  

• Like 2

I have 4 charges for one excursion that are pending.  Called Royal this am and put my number in to be called back which 3 hours later hasn't happened.  If charges go through, I'll just call Chase Visa on Monday and get them removed.  Thanks to everyone who alerted the forum about this as I definitely would have missed it being Thanksgiving week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

The pending charges should drop off.  I'm going to watch mine and if they do show up as a posted charge, then I'll call.  I've had this happen before, not just Royal, and the pending charges eventually fall off, depending on your credit card company.  It's like when you check into a hotel or get onboard the ship.  They put a 'hold' on some funds in anticipation of eventually putting the charge all the way through.  So just check your card daily. Some take just a few days to drop off, others can take at least a week.  

Thank you.  That makes me feel better..  We will keep an eye on it and hopefully it will drop off and don't have to call Royal.

I tried every online procedure I knew to try to get our order for the discounted Key to no avail...even the Crown & Anchor agent couldn't  pull up the right amount ($323 for 2!) 😆 And who has 2 hours to wait to talk to anybody on the cruise services line!!  Yes, that's the wait time they told me!  LOL

So I emailed all my standard contacts.  We'll see what the dope is!

Edited by BecciBoo

2 hours ago, KelJ said:

Was able to "keep" the prices that had previously been shown

My C&A lady couldn't!  I never clicked on pay, just to the cart, then removed the order fortunately didn't get on my card.  But I would not be a happy camper if we missed the good price.  I have like 4 emails out to various corp. peeps.

Edited by BecciBoo

5 hours ago, LuCruise said:

I called Royal and was told to wait and see if the pending goes through.They can't do anything as they do not see the charges. Got billed twice for everything all pending. I tried two different cards still something wrong with the card error (really both cards?)The guy (Pedro) tried to book internet for me.It went through and before I could get to my email to verify,  it had been cancelled because the system said the card was not valid.Pedro had no clue what to do as it came through on the card site as pending (again). He said to wait a few days and try again.

• Thanks 1

I'm in the same boat as several others here.  Attempted to make a purchase which the cruise planner said didn't go through.  However when I look at my online banking it shows a pending charge.  What a colossal fail on behalf of Royal. Their biggest sale of the year and this is what customers have to deal with.

Edited by Tree_skier

Still having an issue. I am beyond frustrated. I have called C&A line, I have called online support and no one is able to get my purchases to go through. I am ready to cancel everything. There is nothing wrong with my credit card. I can reserve dining times and that's it. 

I tried three times to book internet and it kept saying my card wouldn't go through and to try a different one.  I gave up and finally last night tried a fourth time and everything worked well (and was WAY cheaper than the other three times I tried, so YAY!).  My order history ONLY shows the purchase that went through. I have been unable to check my credit card at this moment but for those of you with pending charges that shouldn't be there, are those charges also showing up in your order history?  Does the fact that only one purchase shows up in order history hopefully mean my card wasn't charged for those other three attempts?

3 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

I tried three times to book internet and it kept saying my card wouldn't go through and to try a different one.  I gave up and finally last night tried a fourth time and everything worked well (and was WAY cheaper than the other three times I tried, so YAY!).  My order history ONLY shows the purchase that went through. I have been unable to check my credit card at this moment but for those of you with pending charges that shouldn't be there, are those charges also showing up in your order history?  Does the fact that only one purchase shows up in order history hopefully mean my card wasn't charged for those other three attempts?

No, the charge that wouldn't go through didn't show up in my order history but is showing as pending on my credit card.

4 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

Does the fact that only one purchase shows up in order history hopefully mean my card wasn't charged for those other three attempts?

Probably. Pending charges are a common thing. They block you from utilizing your full credit limit, but eventually drop off.

I had booked my daughter the Classic Soda Package early in the cruise. When the Black Friday sales came out, I was able to book both my daughter and I the Refreshment package which was a good deal. I tried to cancel her Classic soda package and I get a "cancellation failed" message. So now I have both a soda package and refreshment package for her. I called today and finally got someone and their response to me was that maybe in 5-7 days when it's fixed, I can go back in and try to cancel it. My cruise is in 20 days, I really don't want to be trying to cancel it that close to the sail date. I also don't want to wait 3 hours again for someone to not help me. Ugh. 

I had so many pending charges on my primary credit card (only 2 legitimate purchases that went through but probably 25 additional attempts that did not work) that I did end up having to use my backup card. I think my primary card would no longer accept attempts. I did get one fraud warning, which I approved as legitimate, but after that, the charges still wouldn't go through. I was finally able to do my Voom Internet purchase using my backup card but not saving it as my primary card in the planner 😕 No idea if I just got lucky in that exact moment and any card would have worked, or if putting that card in and not saving it as primary was the magic combination that allowed it to go through...