Anyone having issues with payment for Black Friday?

LuCruise

1 hour ago, pamkev said:

Just a FYI I called Crown and Anchor hit 9 and within 2 minutes someone answered the phone took my order got my confirmation email so I'm all set 

THANK YOU!!!! It worked.  Picked up in less than a minute.  I got everything booked.  THANK YOU!!!

• Like 1

I am having the same issues but to compound it, after several attempts with my cc and it would not take it, I now have a pending charge for the price of the bev package I was never able to purchase!  No order went through at all.  So I want to wait to see if that pending charge falls off or if I will have to fight to get refunded because I have no order.  I also had my sister, who is my TA check to see if it showed in the service history on her site.  Nothing.  So hopefully it just falls off on it's own but we'll see. 

I was however, able to book a bev package for a different cruise very early this morning at 51.99 pp so was happy about that price.  10 minutes after I booked it was up to 59.99.  

1 hour ago, pamkev said:

I called Crown and Anchor hit the number 9 answered within 2 minutes took order and got confirmation same price in my reservation

Thanks for this! I hung up after waiting on customer service. Crown and Anchor had about a 10 minute hold time but took care of everything I needed!

• Like 1

For those of you having issues seeing all your cruises in the app, here's a work-around that I've found works for me:

Go down to the bottom of the home screen to where it says "browse our ships". Click on that and just pick any one. Open up any of the cruises. Then click on the profile icon and choose another sailing. I've found that usually makes my cruises repopulate. A couple of times, when it's not worked straight away, I go back in and open up the daily planner before clicking the choose another sailing and then they always seem to repopulate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoeFan said:

Things are a complete shambles right now.

Early this morning only showing 1 South Beach Cabana and I put it in my cart.

Then later it showed Sold Out. 

I went back to my cart and it was still there. I attempted to process the payment but it said it didn't go through. So I did it again and again.

So now I have 2 reservations for South Beach Cabana in my orders and 3 charges to my CC.

This is going to be fun.

• So, I was able to add the Beach Club to my cart and pay when I went through the app.   I have one email confirmation for my purchase.  However, there two pending charges on my CC.  Hopefully, one drops off.  Happy to have the Beach Club for 78 each rather than the 150 that it was priced at yesterday for my Mariner cruise in January.

9 minutes ago, Welly9 said:

Plan my Cruise thru the website is 'Gone Sailing...' for a while now, I see its a RCL issue...

However thru the App, only pricing im seeing is the onboard $ and no BF sales?

Anyone else??

My app showed the sale price.

Edited by kimberlym4

3 hours ago, robmtx said:

This is the fail-safe they installed after the $18 drink package bludgeoning. They can react quicker by breaking the Checkout process. Must be some erroneous pricing on some of the cruises we're just not seeing. 😉

I was never able to use the Deal of the century - my $18.00 Drink package.  That cruise got cancelled due to the pandemic.

• Haha 1

I'm so disappointed in RC - I've been trying for hours to book a beverage package and am getting the same error others have mentioned.  I've tried accessing on the app, but the price is still showing at $72.99/day (not the sale price they are advertising).  I called the helpline and left my number for a return call.  I also tried calling Crown and Anchor and spoke with someone, but the only price they could see was $72.99/day. 

I always brag about RC and have had so many of our friends sail with us in the past - but recent dealings have left me underwhelmed.  Very disappointing and frustrating. They need to do better if they want to maintain their "Loyal to Royal" cruisers.  There are certainly other lines that are MUCH easier to get in touch with.

I wanted to thank you all who told me to call Crown and Anchor.  I only dealt with excursions as I only need soda package and internet and I'll book those later when the website is back up.  The price differences were meh.

But I was able to cancel and rebook my Alaskan excursions and save $183!  Also got Water Park for a "cheaper price"  for the April cruise. ($73 pp isn't CHEAP, but it was $133 pp!)

I have all of my email confirmations.  Just make sure you look at the confirmations as they come through. There was an error on 1 of mine and I caught it before I got off the phone.  She had to cancel that person's reservation and re book with the correct person.  She could not just swap names on an existing reservation.

6 minutes ago, Buffett fan said:

I'm so disappointed in RC - I've been trying for hours to book a beverage package and am getting the same error others have mentioned.  I've tried accessing on the app, but the price is still showing at $72.99/day (not the sale price they are advertising).  I called the helpline and left my number for a return call.  I also tried calling Crown and Anchor and spoke with someone, but the only price they could see was $72.99/day. 

I always brag about RC and have had so many of our friends sail with us in the past - but recent dealings have left me underwhelmed.  Very disappointing and frustrating. They need to do better if they want to maintain their "Loyal to Royal" cruisers.  There are certainly other lines that are MUCH easier to get in touch with.

I hear ya...I didn't see sale prices either on the app...only on board pricing

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Sadly on the app I’m only able to get into that one cruise.  All my others aren’t showing up.  What a mess.  Hoping they get this fixed quickly.  

If I can’t see the excursions to possibly book I can’t call to get things.  I have a few written down but not enough to make decisions without the website or app.  

Just call and ask what the current price is for whatever excursion you need. I had an idea, but didn't have the exact amount in front of me.  Rep said price is $.  Do you want to book?

17 minutes ago, Welly9 said:

I hear ya...I didn't see sale prices either on the app...only on board pricing

I just got off the phone with someone else - they won't honor any of the sale prices now - they said there was an internal system glitch and the only price they can honor now is $72.99/day.  They recommended people who weren't able to book at that price continue checking the site for Black Friday sales over the next few days (wait - that isn't what their email said!).  Bad business practices from RC - pretty disappointed from a cruiser who normally LOVES Royal.

5 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Looking to purchase an excursion that came out today.  I've  gone to check out, but it won't take my payment (I've  tried  my card and DH's ).

Wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue.

Please check your credit card charges. I "seemed" to be having that an issue, but the cc was already charged and charged twice.

beverage package for my December cruise is $54.99 pp pd.  Can be booked through the app.  go into the app, click on the ship icon up on the left.  Go to the bottom.  Click on beverage package.  Can do without OBC.  My cruise is next month and our cc is on the app already so this may be a factor.

Screenshot_20221118_125530.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PrincessPatti said:

Yes, it does.  Used part OBC and the remainder went on my CC.

Thank you!  I tried in the app, and it let me apply OBC from one room (same as the computer site).  

Phew...booked.  All good. (Still can't get into the website)

16 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Please check your credit card charges. I "seemed" to be having that an issue, but the cc was already charged and charged twice.

Thank you for noting.  Both DH and I checked prior to me trying to book through the app (as I tried on both cards) and no pending charges.  I hope you get yours resolved without hassle.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Welly9 said:

Plan my Cruise thru the website is 'Gone Sailing...' for a while now, I see its a RCL issue...

However thru the App, only pricing im seeing is the onboard $ and no BF sales?

Anyone else??

On the app, only soda and voom is showing for me. But on the website this morning, it was also showing deluxe and voom. Had to wait til lunch to buy and now I'm worried that I missed the deal 

Website showed $57.99 for the DDP, didn't manage to check-out. The app shows the B1G1 50% off for $66.99 which is the regular sale price. Website is still 'under maintenance'.

Royal should be ASHAMED of themselves.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, exm said:

Website showed $57.99 for the DDP, didn't manage to check-out. The app shows the B1G1 50% off for $66.99 which is the regular sale price. Website is still 'under maintenance'.

I agree.  When will Royal get their act together and have a better IT team?  It's almost embarrassing. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, exm said:

Noticed that too.  For the one that I was originally trying to book, the app had the same  price that I was trying earlier on the website.

However, for for a couple other excursions I am looking at for one of our other stops, each shows about $10 more per person than I saw on the website this morning. 

Can't get in now to confirm website "current" price.