Diamond Plus - No More Concierge/Suite Lounge Access

DaKahuna

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

How many points to get to Diamond and 4 free drinks? - 80

How many points to get to get to Diamond Plus and 5 free drinks? - 175

How many points to get to Pinnacle and 6 free drinks? - 700

Anyone see anthing wrong here?

I remember when first made Diamond, the Top Level then. We were first on/off Ship(besides Wedding Parties), meet with Capt and senior Staff each Cruise and had access to CL as was no DL back then. Program became too successful 25yrs ago there was usually 8-10 Diamonds on the newest Ships on most popular sailings. So doesnt surprise me first Diamonds now D+ loosing access to CL. That said 4/5/6 Drinks along with other free C&A drinks  is Kool but along with SOLO 340+ Discount saves me thousands each year. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Both DL and Jazz club on 4 are dark

No windows for either.

Light and windows cost extra on Royal 😉

I like to see the ocean when we are sat in a lounge having free drinks 🍹 

And for the older ships with an Internal lounge, we use our coupons in lighted areas.

Coupons are the better benefit than the lounge for D and D+ IMO

Happy Days!

By "dark" I don't mean from natural light. I've been in the DL on HOTS.   I'm talking the interior of the Jazz club appears dark.  It wasn't created to be a bright lounge.  Several Pinns said they didn't like using the Jazz club.

34 minutes ago, BND said:

Last Nov/Dec on HOTS, we went to the DL most nights and walked right by the Jazz club which was reserved for Pinns.  Most of the Pinns were in the DLwith us and not the dark Jazz club.  

Was on Oasis Oct. 2021 soon after the restart, DL had reduced seating for "social distancing".  We were denied access almost every day due to it being full.  Same situation, Pinn lounge was empty, since most were in the DL.

41 minutes ago, BND said:

Last Nov/Dec on HOTS, we went to the DL most nights and walked right by the Jazz club which was reserved for Pinns.  Most of the Pinns were in the DLwith us and not the dark Jazz club.  

Nothing says welcome like bright fluorescent lighting

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, BND said:

Better than the so called library on Mariner sail in December ‘21

2 hours ago, Colibri51 said:

Not happy that Diamond Plus can no longer access the Concierge Lounge because of too many top tier members. If that is true and Diamond Plus can no longer access the Concierge lounge due to high volume, then why not prohibit Pinnacle to access the Diamond lounge as that also is impacted by large numbers of top tier members.  

I think the answer to your question is 525 extra cruise days between D+ and P.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Being Pinnacle and having access to CL/SL is not a given either....with no way to know if you do or not.....until after you board. 

Agree.  I was told 2 days ago on the Liberty by the Suite Concierge that if the Pinnacle count is under 50, then P's have access to the SL.  The Liberty this past weekend had 1 cabin left, and 21 P's.

Edited by pcur

I can’t really see that the Concierge lounge has any real purpose any more. The change to a “suite lounge” should delineate its use to those that have paid for the necessary real estate. As a “suite lounge” it needs updating to reflect the rewards it gives to those people who actually rent that accommodation. 

The vouchers are undoubted disproportionately weighted for the loyalty levels, but are nonetheless a generous concession given their versatility of use. We have spent the last month in a suite as D+. In that time we have visited the concierge lounge twice and had one drink there. Truth be told, it offers us no particular value. The vouchers have given us (as a couple) up to $4,200 in “free” drinks at any venue or time we choose. In reality of course we simply haven’t used them to anywhere near maximum value, the point being that a “ free bar” for a couple of hours in an often inconvenient (and crowded) venue comes nowhere near the amenity value of the vouchers.

It’s about time (and very likely on their radar) that the company used its suite facilities to properly reward those paying them for the privilege. The loyalty aspect is far better rewarded as things currently stand with the provision of a Diamond lounge and the generous voucher allocation? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Actually there is not - I looked.  The footnote simply says access is restricted to suite and pinnacle guest and you are not allowed to bring other non-suite/pinnacle guest into the lounge.  Kids must be accompanied by an adult. 

I think you are correct.

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

How many points to get to Diamond and 4 free drinks? - 80

How many points to get to get to Diamond Plus and 5 free drinks? - 175

How many points to get to Pinnacle and 6 free drinks? - 700

Anyone see anthing wrong here?

Too much drinking?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Regarding P and Suite capacity:

C&A Benefits Grid effective 12/16/22, footnote 11:

Should the number of Suite Guests and Pinnacle Club Members surpass our Suite/Concierge Lounge capacity we will continue to provide a temporary exclusive Pinnacle Club Lounge between the hours of 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Location varies by ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

I love watching people here get their panties in a twist about this. The lounges are all pretty lousy.  It's basically like being stuck in an airport lounge. No thanks, I do enough of that when I travel.

EXACTLY  I feel the same way.  have peeked into diamond lounge and a couple of times took an appetizer but really it just looked like bored folks getting their free watered down drinks.

as far as concierge I thought it was never for diamond plus.

I have been saying for a couple of years there will be too many pinnacles and suites for them to continue with free drinks.  

This is a real nice Christmas Present to all of our D+ Members.  It is obvious the no one

at C&A has any Management skills.  I was always taught you never pas out bad news

right before a holiday.  And for D+ Members, this is bad news.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pcur said:

Because the new policy goes into effect on 12/16, and it's applicable to 12 ships listed in the email.

Once again, my response was to "I believe this changes that -- Read it again as it clearly states Pinnacles will have access."

If they are going to allow Pinns effective 12/16, why are they still be banning them for capacity reasons?  The Pinns tier load isn't going to magically go down on 12/16.  And they aren't going to magically expand the CL on 12/16 to accommodate the excess Pinns.

TL:DR:  They are banning Pinns now when number exceeds X. Why would that change on 12/16?

ETA:  You answered my question regarding capacity constraints.

ETA#2:  So, really no change for Pinns.

Edited by Another_Critic

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Once again, my response was to "I believe this changes that -- Read it again as it clearly states Pinnacles will have access."

If they are going to allow Pinns effective 12/16, why are they still be banning them for capacity reasons?  The Pinns tier load isn't going to magically go down on 12/16.  And they aren't going to magically expand the CL on 12/16 to accommodate the excess Pinns.

TL:DR:  They are banning Pinns now when number exceeds X. Why would that change on 12/16?

I think my post #116 with the copy/paste from the C&A Benefits Grid will answer your question.  If capacity is exceeded (after 12/16/22) they will set up another lounge somewhere for Pinns.

I just got off the Liberty this morning, and the Suite Concierge told me this past weekend if there are less than 50 Pinns on a cruise they will have access to the SL.  If over 50, a temporary Pinn Lounge will be set up.  My cruise was 1 cabin shy of full capacity, and there were 21 Pinns.

Edited by pcur
  • Thanks 1

Just now, pcur said:

I think my post #116 with the copy/paste from the C&A Benefits Grid will answer your question.  If capacity is exceeded (after 12/16/22) they will set up another lounge somewhere for Pinns.

Yes, I saw that after I posted (and have added an edit).  Thanks!

Apparently they added that after the other poster did their C/P.  😄

• Thanks 1

I seem to be in the sweet spot wave of too much loyalty. I hit Diamond just before the voucher system, and now I'm D+ and never got to cruise on a ship where the concierge club was available to me. Forever with my nose pressed up against the glass. 

I expect the Diamond Lounge will be the next casualty. No great loss to me, I'd rather have some other perks. I'd gladly trade the lounge for free internet.