ms Zuiderdam in Port Everglades December 22, 2022

Scrapnana

Zuiderdam will be at pier 26 (port to) from 5:30am to 4:15 pm.  We are going on a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise.

Cruise itinerary map for Holland America Line 7 Night Western Caribbean (52566)

Also in port are Celebrity Edge at pier 25 (6am-4pm), Celebrity Equinox at pier 18 (5am-4pm), Island Princess at pier 2 (6:15am-6pm), and Viking Neptune at pier19 (leaving on her world cruise) 4:30am - 6pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/.

Next up:  Nieuw Amsterdam on Friday, 23 December.  I am going to be posting the sail-away for that later tonight because who knows what the internet situation will be on the ship the first day.  Someone please bump it up for Friday.

Note:  I have not requested a wave but will likely be out on deck at sail-away probably with the HAL flag (if I can find where I stashed it) on the promenade deck next to the outside elevators.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Scrapnana said:

Zuiderdam will be at pier 26 (port to) from 5:30am to 4:15 pm.  We are going on a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise.

Cruise itinerary map for Holland America Line 7 Night Western Caribbean (52566)

Also in port are Celebrity Edge at pier 25 (6am-4pm), Celebrity Equinox at pier 18 (5am-4pm), Island Princess at pier 2 (6:15am-6pm), and Viking Neptune at pier19 (leaving on her world cruise) 4:30am - 6pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/.

Next up:  Nieuw Amsterdam on Friday, 23 December.  I am going to be posting the sail-away for that later tonight because who knows what the internet situation will be on the ship the first day.  Someone please bump it up for Friday.

Note:  I have not requested a wave but will likely be out on deck at sail-away probably with the HAL flag (if I can find where I stashed it) on the promenade deck next to the outside elevators.

Have a great time.

Kathi, have a wonderful time. Zuidy is my favorite HAL ship. I've been following your amazing adventures. You coped very well with covid--if I had been in an OV, I'd have tried to break a window to get some fresh air! 

One additional medical suggestion that I don't think others have suggested. The spa pool on the larger ships is wonderfully medicinal. I've walked off a bout of sciatica in Zuidy's spa pool. I would go early when it was quiet and just slowly walk in the warm water, not even turning on the jets if I was alone. My husband had Parkinson's and walking in the spa pool was good PT for him. Too bad we couldn't write off the cruise (or the spa pass) on our medical insurance. 

Oops, make that two suggestions. The rollator is a great help but be careful how you use it. People tend to push it ahead, like a supermarket cart, and that puts a strain on the back. My English cousin called hers a "Zimmer frame." No, I don't know who Zimmer is/was, but my point is to think of it as a frame around you, and you will stand/walk with better posture. 

Enjoy the warmth and the sea!

• Like 2

The captain just announced that we weren’t leaving at 3.  I thought to myself the schedule never said we were going to leave at 3 o’clock. He said we should be pulling out about 415 right after the celebrity ship that’s at 25.

2 minutes ago, Scrapnana said:

The captain just announced that we weren’t leaving at 3.  I thought to myself the schedule never said we were going to leave at 3 o’clock. He said we should be pulling out about 415 right after the celebrity ship that’s at 25.

What the Captain said - is what the port schedule shows as confirmed. Now we just need Ugly Edge to leave on time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Checking in. Anyone going to be waving?

From Kathi - Note:  I have not requested a wave but will likely be out on deck at sail-away probably with the HAL flag (if I can find where I stashed it) on the promenade deck next to the outside elevators.

3 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

From Kathi - Note:  I have not requested a wave but will likely be out on deck at sail-away probably with the HAL flag (if I can find where I stashed it) on the promenade deck next to the outside elevators.

We will watch.