Celebrity Summit Retreat Question

themutis

31 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

I am not aware of any Celebrity ship which lacks a bar in Michael's Club/Retreat Lounge.

Did they add a bar to the Retreat Lounge on Edge?  When we sailed on her in Feb 2020 there was no bar, just servers circulating in the lounge taking drink orders.

• Like 1

I think the outdoor retreat is a joke , need to walk up stairs to get there , no bar , just a hot tub , only good thing is you can get lunch there on port days when Luminae is closed , only a couple of things on menu, I prefer the old Michael since it had a piano . 

1 hour ago, George C said:

I think the outdoor retreat is a joke , need to walk up stairs to get there , no bar , just a hot tub , only good thing is you can get lunch there on port days when Luminae is closed , only a couple of things on menu, I prefer the old Michael since it had a piano . 

I do agree, but we had a really nice lunch on Millie at the Retreat deck in Alaska. 6 people and 2 staff, great service. Yes on a port day after ziplining.😵

2 hours ago, George C said:

We loved the outdoor bar on the Retreat Sundeck on Edge.  We spent 3/4 of the port visit onboard and had our lunch at the Retreat Sundeck and spent a good deal of time at the bar there.  

We plan to spend a lot of time there on our upcoming April cruise on Millie.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

The Edge did not have a bar in the Lounge.  I don’t recall a bar in the Apex lounge but the Beyond has a bar but there is seating at the bar.

It was my understanding that Apex did have a bar in the lounge but it was more of a service bar, not one you could sit at.

9 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

It was my understanding that Apex did have a bar in the lounge but it was more of a service bar, not one you could sit at.

I do not consider a place where they put the snacks a bar.  A bar has a bartender who makes drinks for you.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I do not consider a place where they put the snacks a bar.  A bar has a bartender who makes drinks for you.  

I thought someone had said that there is a bartender there but there are just no seats. Conceivably you could go up and order from the bar but I believe they prefer you sit and come to take your order. That's what I thought I understood from someone's Apex review but maybe I misunderstood. It looks like how I described from a video I watched.

17 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I thought someone had said that there is a bartender there but there are just no seats. Conceivably you could go up and order from the bar but I believe they prefer you sit and come to take your order. That's what I thought I understood from someone's Apex review but maybe I misunderstood. It looks like how I described from a video I watched.

That would be different.  I have only been on Edge which is why I know there was no bar/bartender in the lounge but there was on the Retreat Sundeck. 

All our other sailing so far have been on S-Class ships and all had Michael's Club and Silhouette is the only revolutionized ship we've been on so far and there was a bar on the Retreat Sundeck as well as in the Retreat lounge. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

The Edge did not have a bar in the Lounge.  I don’t recall a bar in the Apex lounge but the Beyond has a bar but there is seating at the bar.

Yes, the Apex has a bar in the Retreat Lounge.  I have never been in the Edge, but I am shocked that they do not have a bar.  

On Summit there is a Bar in Retreat Lounge but no seating at the bar.  There are 2 High Top tables in the window alcove between the bar and the Coffee Machine.     The retreat Sundeck has a outdoor bar with a bartender and seating for about 4-6 at the bar.   They also serve drinks to those seated  or sunbathing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

On Summit there is a Bar in Retreat Lounge but no seating at the bar.  There are 2 High Top tables in the window alcove between the bar and the Coffee Machine.     The retreat Sundeck has a outdoor bar with a bartender and seating for about 4-6 at the bar.   They also serve drinks to those seated  or sunbathing.

I don’t remember seeing the bar there , we will check it out again in March on our rock and romance charter. We liked the tall tables next to bar since you could see the ocean from there . 

51 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

My comment was related to the reported lack of a bar in the Retreat Lounge.

It's true. Big design fail of first E-class ship IMO.

25 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

On Summit... The retreat Sundeck has a outdoor bar with a bartender and seating for about 4-6 at the bar.

Summit Retreat sundeck did not have a bar with a bartender when I last sailed her. If it does, it's new.

• Like 1

I agree with Jim, there is a small bar on the Summit but there are no bar stools.  It is like the service bar on APEX.  It is crowded in a corner.  It is nothing like the real bars on some of the S class ships.  One of the odd things to me was the almost total lack of a place to sit a plate and a drink down in the seating area of the Summit.  There was a nice cold breakfast buffet but the dining height tables were the size of a cocktail napkin.  The larger tables were all very low.  This made it hard to eat either happy hour snacks or breakfast.  Thank goodness for the Elite Captains Club Coffee house in Tuscan with real tables.

Summit - Retreat Lounge has a small bar area with no seating.  There is a bartender there to make drinks.  Also in this area is a high top with 2 chairs.  Off in the main area are many chairs with very low tables for light bites that are available throughout the day.
Summit - Retreat Sundeck does not have a bar.  There are crew there to get you drinks as well as maybe 8 tables and chairs for light lunches.  I believe there are 4 items on the menu.  

• Like 1