Can a beef/chicken lover enjoy Izumi?

1 minute ago, poocher said:

Good question, I have 4 sushi eaters, 1 maybe & 2 definitely not.  What could they eat?

I'm not a big fish eater, especially bait!  I do like shrimp though.  So, in Izumi, I get the beef (steak), shrimp, and fried rice.  But, I've been told by others in my party that the Chicken is very good as well.  

11 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

There are two different sides in Izumi?   

When reserving do do I need to state hibachi side.

Yes two different side and you definitely need to reserve the hibachi side and do it as soon as you can because it fills up fast!!  

So good and yes beef and chicken are options!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

11 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

There are two different sides in Izumi?   

When reserving do do I need to state hibachi side.

Yes, be specific.  In fact, be as specific as you can with everything you reserve/order/whatever , especially with those that are ESL. 

51 minutes ago, twangster said:

Some Izumi have hot rocks and chicken or beef are options - if you don't mind cooking your own food.  

Quantum class Izumi don't have hot rocks and Izumi on Adventure is purely sushi so it varies by ship.  

Does any ship still have the hot rocks?????

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Good question, I have 4 sushi eaters, 1 maybe & 2 definitely not.  What could they eat?

Vegetable fried rice

pork gyoza dumpling

crispy chicken karaage

beef or chicken teriyaki

yaki udon (yaki==chicken)

tonkatsu ramen (tonkatsu == pork)

hibachi vegetables 

Not to mention shrimp tempura rolls (fried shrimp)

• Thanks 1

There is always the chicken or beef teriyaki bowl.

The presence of Izumi is why I rarely do the UDP on most ships.  When you take away one venue on some ships that leaves two venues which gets old pretty quickly.  I don't eat sushi so Izumi is not desirable to me.   On everything but Oasis class there aren't enough specialty venues to make the UDP worthwhile if you don't eat sushi.  

I did manage my way through Chef's Table recently which is also meant for fish and seafood eaters.   The chicken substitute from the Solarium Bistro mini plates was pretty bland.  

I have a shrimp allergy so when we did Izumi on HOTS, I just made sure they knew so shrimp/seafood was cooked after mine.  But, that said, Izumi was far from the best Tepanyaki we have ever had.  We have a local place that is 1000% better lol.  Izumi was just okay.  Glad we didn't pay for it-comped after a horrible Sabor experience.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

There is always the chicken or beef teriyaki bowl.

The presence of Izumi is why I rarely do the UDP on most ships.  When you take away one venue on some ships that leaves two venues which gets old pretty quickly.  I don't eat sushi so Izumi is not desirable to me.   On everything but Oasis class there aren't enough specialty venues to make the UDP worthwhile if you don't eat sushi.  

I did manage my way through Chef's Table recently which is also meant for fish and seafood eaters.   The chicken substitute from the Solarium Bistro mini plates was pretty bland.  

Izumi doesn’t just serve sushi. You can easily have a very nice three course meal without it. See the menu in the post above by@DaKahuna. No sushi there.

8 hours ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Got a picky eater in the group, is Izumi an option or not?

Thanks for your help, 

Eddie

So,,, I guess that it is not only a non-bait eater, but a picky eater. So, why go to a sushi restaurant and “try to find something for them to eat”. Just avoid it. 

Just to show how those two Izumi’s show up on the RCI cruise planner. This is Symphony of the Seas btw. 

As you can see there is Dinner at Izumi with sushi, bowls, goyza, teriyaki dishes (prepared in the kitchen, not next to you) etc etc. Then there is the separate Izumi Hibachi experience which is the traditional Teppanyaki style with cooking show. 

People at those two different Izumi’s don’t sit together as the Hibachi people sit at special Teppanyaki tables. 

We haven’t yet decided if we’ll go to the Dinner at Izumi as we have only a three dinner package but I have checked through all menus. I am a non fish eater. I could very well eat at Izumi. My choices for appetizers and main courses could be something like: 

Pork Goyza dumplings

Chicken Kara-age 

Beef or chicken Teriyaki

Tonkatsu Ramen

Spicy Miso Ramen 

Yaki Udon with chicken or beef 

Hibachi vegetables

7099986E-AC45-47D0-A0A0-7719203E1774.jpeg

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

3 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

Izumi doesn’t just serve sushi. You can easily have a very nice three course meal without it. See the menu in the post above by@DaKahuna. No sushi there.

You can get non-fish food at Izumi just like a vegetarian can get non-beef food at Chops.  

Nice?  That's personal.  I've have tried eating at Izumi for the benefit of friends who enjoy sushi.  I survived but it was not worth $35.  It was a complete waste of $35 for my food tastes.

• Like 2

Just went to Izumi’s last night on Navigator. I had pre purchased the dining there for my family, and I wanted to verify what you get. I was under the impression, since it states on the menu, you get 2 Large plates (8 pieces per roll). My oldest daughter (the sushi eater) got 4 pieces from each roll she ordered. I know from experience that wording can be tricky, so just wanted to check from those more experienced with Izumi. So is it 8 pieces total per 2 large plates, or should it be 16 pieces total for 2 large plate.

It’s  funny, because my granddaughter loves sushi also, and her kids plate had 12 pieces.

Hope I didn’t confuse everyone….😬