No more prime rib?

kevin1551

1 minute ago, riredsox said:

I bought the dining package (5 dinners) for the Beyond on Oct 26th.   When I boarded and tried to make reservations I was told 2 specialty restaurants had availability.   When I told them to cancel the package they told me they would try to find space in the restaurants (they did finally).   Why sell the packages if you can’t use them?

Shoreside sells the package and let’s the ship deal with the reservation.  Seems like they’re trained to first attempt to get you to accept any available reservations, only after you threaten to cancel, will they “find” non-published reservations.  The worst part is, walk by a supposedly full specialty restaurant at 6, 630 or 7 and you often see about half the tables unoccupied 

24 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Perfect !!

What I would suggest Celebrity do:

Stop listing daily menus in advance--- period.

Look what a few changes created on CC--- many angry, unhappy customers --- 

Yes, the food is a very important part of the ( I didn't say " my " for being challenged-- again ) cruise " experience. But, will " anyone " not book a cruise because there is no XX on the menu?

LOL---- We never had a ---oops, forget it.

I (we) haven't looked at the MDR app yet for our March Apex cruise and don't intend to even with all this chatter on CC. We don't even stop by to look at the posted menu outside of the MDR for that evening. We wait until we are seated with menu in hand to decide while enjoying a glass of wine. Still plan on a five course meal. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, riredsox said:

I bought the dining package (5 dinners) for the Beyond on Oct 26th.   When I boarded and tried to make reservations I was told 2 specialty restaurants had availability.   When I told them to cancel the package they told me they would try to find space in the restaurants (they did finally).   Why sell the packages if you can’t use them?

For the same reason they sell a premium beverage package when they know they won't be delivering the listed spirits. $$

10 hours ago, kguerriero said:

If I had to guess, there's no malicious intent, X is just reusing details from a former cruise, including placeholder menus from that sailing, and are dragging their feet on updating

My sticking point is that they actually updated the menus several days into the voyage and moved the prime rib to another night (before eventually eliminating it altogether).  Why would they update a future menu to include prime rib if they didn't actually have any?  It's so odd.

7 hours ago, RVV said:

Does anyone research the stock(RCL) of this company???...up about 90% since mid June LY. 

Yeah, I've been following the cruise line stocks and have owned some since the Covid lows.  They all have had a good run lately.  I'm guessing since Wall Street loves when companies cut expenses that might part of the reason.  Otherwise, I'm really confused.  My current opinion, which has led to my recent sale of 1/2 of my cruise line stocks, it that the much hoped for post-Covid rebound is running out of steam.  There are many reports here on CC of ships sailing at far from full capacity.  The recent surge in cutbacks and broad-based  price increases across many cruise lines tells me that there has been a recent reassessment by many cruise lines of their financial forecast.  I'm just no longer a believer and will likely sell the rest of my cruise line stocks in the next several months.

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Shoreside sells the package and let’s the ship deal with the reservation.  Seems like they’re trained to first attempt to get you to accept any available reservations, only after you threaten to cancel, will they “find” non-published reservations.  The worst part is, walk by a supposedly full specialty restaurant at 6, 630 or 7 and you often see about half the tables unoccupied 

No the real reason is that the specialty restaurants hold back spots in case suite guests want to make a last minute reservation.  All they did was take a spot from the suite reservations pile.

9 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Doesn't Captain Kate have Instagram and tiktok videos?  Maybe a few posts on her social media or questions at her Ask the Captain event from Beyond customers may get answers considering she is Celebritys Poster Person.  I really would be curious to hear her take on it if she has one.  That would be in my mind much more informative than Bug's routine.  I wonder if this has been done.

I’ll bet Bug eats better than the guests in the MDR

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

No the real reason is that the specialty restaurants hold back spots in case suite guests want to make a last minute reservation.  All they did was take a spot from the suite reservations pile.

Sounds very reasonable---

There is another reason why they hold back reservations in Specialty restaurants which I explained a few times in the past which resulted in negative comments and accusations of " bribing ".

Saying " Thanks for your help ($$) " where I come from isn't a bribe--- it's the right thing to do.

( Here they come-- the " Who are you to tell me what the right thing to do is " ).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Sounds very reasonable---

There is another reason why they hold back reservations in Specialty restaurants which I explained a few times in the past which resulted in negative comments and accusations of " bribing ".

Saying " Thanks for your help ($$) " where I come from isn't a bribe--- it's the right thing to do.

( Here they come-- the " Who are you to tell me what the right thing to do is " ).

Who are you to tell me what the right thing to do is 😇

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Who are you to tell me what the right thing to do is 😇

LOL--- YOU are correct !!

Pinboy gotta poligize ---

3.4K posts since 2005---- 

You've seen it, read it, done it (??), and sure don't need Pinboy to tell you what the "right" thing to do is.

Question : If Celebrity cancelled the Silent Disco, the Newlywed Game,  Zumba at the pool with JR Guest Relation Trainees , or even the Putting Tournament , do you think it would get the same reactions ?  

9 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

You've seen it, read it, done it (??), and sure don't need Pinboy to tell you what the "right" thing to do is.

Question : If Celebrity cancelled the Silent Disco, the Newlywed Game,  Zumba at the pool with JR Guest Relation Trainees , or even the Putting Tournament , do you think it would get the same reactions ?  

I think the reason peope are going so crazy is because one of the things that imply "luxury" is gourmet food, you know, like they have on the app under main dining. The definition is great comfort and extravangant living. There is nothing extravagant about the current menus.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

What do I know? I'm just a very well dressed long haired cattle.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, riredsox said:

That is rather disappointing.  That was my plan  to avoid the MDR cuts if X does not reel them back in.

19 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I was in a suite on the Apex and could not get into Eden till there was a cancellation.  We had to eat at 5:30 and that is 3 hours before I usually eat dinner.  

2 hours ago, riredsox said:

I was in a suite on the Apex and could not get into Eden till there was a cancellation.  We had to eat at 5:30 and that is 3 hours before I usually eat dinner.  

LOL-----Next time try Option #2 ($$ = Thank You = See you at 8:30 )?? 

48 minutes ago, horseymike said:

Good news finally. X has announced prime franks and beans to be served in the MDR at least once on every cruise ! Be careful though if you request seconds there will be a $9.99 charge + 20 % gratuity.

Prime franks? So like all beef with no lips, snouts, or udders? That's some Costco quality stuff right there! 

57 minutes ago, horseymike said:

Good news finally. X has announced prime franks and beans to be served in the MDR at least once on every cruise ! Be careful though if you request seconds there will be a $9.99 charge + 20 % gratuity.

No beaks or butts?

I don't see prime rib and I don't know if it's a fluke, but the Celebrity app is showing many of the previous "Signature" selections being restored on the current menus for today's Jan. 29th sailing of the Beyond and for next weeks Feb. 5th sailing of the Beyond.