Windjammer...any cutbacks?

Bluewake

11 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Interesting conclusion to jump to.  Maybe it's me, but I didn't think that at all. 

That is the question being posed. Celebrity has not made any cuts to breakfast or lunch service in their buffet, only dinner. OP wanted to know if Royal has done the same.

• Like 3

Sailed RCL this year (Ovation) and hadn't been cut like Celebrity. Buffet wasn't as good as last sailing a few years back, and noticed they'd now oddly have the exact same offering as at lunch. However, it still had most stations open and most choices that they used to have.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Looks like the first few sailings from south Florida, or the inaugural trips from PC. Our 2 day in December looked like that

The only time that I saw lobster and steak as shown in the WJ was on lobster night when I sailed Quantum and the early days on Anthem.  Lobster tails were basically placed in a bowl as they would shrimps cocktails.

Who would have thought then that we would go from the excellent Dynamic Dining experience to today's offerings. Talking about cutbacks.🤣

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, graciekelli said:

Is this a joke?

Nope. This was our regular revenue cruise on the Wonder. Isn't it like this every week?

image.png.bd7935d9543b136a4659e3d9416870e7.png

Chilled seafood (little citrus bowls are filled with poke (raw fish)). 

image.png.489c9f9fc1d4d2696516d070cde97096.png

image.png.40d2b9872ae76c111c5fa7af697d246f.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Nope. This was our regular revenue cruise on the Wonder. Isn't it like this every week?

I would think that with 28,000+ posts under your belt, you know better.  Why try to mislead and insinuate that this is a typical lunch buffet, which is is faaaaaaarrrr from.

Dan

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I would think that with 28,000+ posts under your belt, you know better.  Why try to mislead and insinuate that this is a typical lunch buffet, which is is faaaaaaarrrr from.

Dan

Yea, I don't get it. This is most likely one of the first 5 or 6 revenue cruises before she did her spring TA this year. 

They pulled out all the bells and whistles. Same spread for our Naming Ceremony cruise on December 9. But it was free

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Might help with an emoji. Humor is hard

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

No joke. We’re on Wonder right now and love the ‘stations’ in the Windjammer. Great place to eat and lots of tables and chairs.

Are you saying that on Wonder you ae getting the shown spreads for lunch in the WJ.  Tables and chairs I can get on any ship, but not that kind of spreads.

We usually never go to WJ for dinners. Last week on Anthem we did twice and surprisingly we found variety and quality very decent!

We were a bit disappointed by lunch options in Solarium Cafe. It was extremely limited and quality often was weak. Especially last day (11 days cruise). During this cruise we either skipped lunches in WJ due to being ashore or in Solarium.

We LOVED breakfasts in WJ.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 11:27 AM, The Fun Researcher said:

Dan

I agree and some folks will post a lot to keep up their count and clog up thread with a lot of photos.

• Like 3

On 1/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, neverbeenhere said:

Windjammer: good, many times has a better selection than the MDR. Theme nights still happen in the Jammer. 

Yes I agree. For instance I love salads and in MDR a salad comes out with little variety other than greens and one piece of tomato.

That is why I like WJ so I can make my own. Also I like to look at the dessert selections because in MDR what you read and what comes to the table can be small and boring with little taste.

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2023 at 10:32 AM, BirdTravels said:

Pictures are from the Norwegian Encore which you posted in 2021.

Edited by Heidi pour another Beer
why bother

On 1/19/2023 at 2:08 PM, neverbeenhere said:

The Windjammer dinner hours are not normally a madhouse. Except, of course, on free tequila night.

Lol.  You should have been on my Voyager 5 day in December.  The Definition of a Madhouse.  In hindsight, I should have made a video.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just to clarify. What sail date for Wonder?

Dude, I am just having some fun on an otherwise negative thread.

This was from the March 4, 2022 voyage of the Wonder of the Seas.

I can say, hand on heart, that this was a revenue cruise, this was my first and only cruise on the Wonder, and this was what we had for lunch at the Windjammer. I can offer that I am a Diamond member and cruise on Royal 2-3 times a year,,, so I know what the "norm" is. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Dude, I am just having some fun on an otherwise negative thread.

This was from the March 4, 2022 voyage of the Wonder of the Seas.

I can say, hand on heart, that this was a revenue cruise, this was my first and only cruise on the Wonder, and this was what we had for lunch at the Windjammer. I can offer that I am a Diamond member and cruise on Royal 2-3 times a year,,, so I know what the "norm" is. 

Hey, I'm being nicer than everyone else. 😁

And yes, those first 5 or 6 trips wete to generate publicity and they went all out. Now it's nice, but nothing like you shared, nor what I experienced for the naming ceremony cruise in December 

2 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

It was the inaugural - so big deal🙄 It really reflects on you - that you are trying to mislead people!

Sorry your feelings are hurt. 

Oh yes, it was a big deal and we intentionally picked this cruise, with all of the swag, for that reason. We were also on the inaugural voyage of the Symphony of the Seas, with all of her swag. 

Edited by BirdTravels