Singles/Fares

Observer

14 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Well actually there was never a mystery quoting solo cabins with the old Crystal.

Not if you're a TA, but for those of us shopping itineraries on the internet, we didn't know what the solo supplement would be.  They said one thing on board, but it was often not the case as it varied with (something) - I suspect it varied with the popularity of the cruise. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, travelberlin said:

I have to add that those cabins probably did not sell before for World Cruises. Where are the guest entertainers going to be now ? Are there going to be hosts for dancing? I remember those cabins were occupied by the entertainers and hosts. 
Ivi

Go back and read my post #23 on this thread. 

I am a past solo WC segmenter.   I chose cabins on 7 with a window several times.   Those rooms on the old 7 were solidly sold out and it appeared to me that most were world cruisers- solo and couples.    Historically they were first to fill up on the WC journeys.    On the non-world cruises (such as Caribbean) I was aware of

the star dance couple having cabins on 7.   Same for cabins on 5 on Symphony in pre-covid times.

3 hours ago, MsCrystalina said:

I am a past solo WC segmenter.   I chose cabins on 7 with a window several times.   Those rooms on the old 7 were solidly sold out and it appeared to me that most were world cruisers- solo and couples.    Historically they were first to fill up on the WC journeys.    On the non-world cruises (such as Caribbean) I was aware of

the star dance couple having cabins on 7.   Same for cabins on 5 on Symphony in pre-covid times.

I had been told by multiple sources that the cheapest and the most expensive cabins were the first to fill up with those doing full world cruises.

Patty

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

I had been told by multiple sources that the cheapest and the most expensive cabins were the first to fill up with those doing full world cruises.

Patty

Yes I have been told that too. This is also what used to happen in the previous world cruises and one of the reasons we had to book 3 years in advance 😔

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Patty

This is not Crystal-specific. We are looking at a 33 night cruise on Regent Explorer in January 2025 and the top rooms are already booked, and bottom rooms are already heavily booked.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Roland4 said:

This is not Crystal-specific. We are looking at a 33 night cruise on Regent Explorer in January 2025 and the top rooms are already booked, and bottom rooms are already heavily booked.

that is the same on SS , where I booked several cruises - being single at reduced single fare 

also on Regent   and even on Hapag Lloyd -   you never can book one of the   2 owners or the 2 grand PH unless you book 2 and more years in advance 

and for a single cabin you must point those as soon as the preview is out 

• Like 1

I have booked with Explora Journey with a low solo supplement a midship balcony cabin. Explora Journey is the new luxury offer from MSC cruises. They had in addition a temporary offer for Diamond members from MSC which was an OBC of US 500 per cabin and a two category upgrade. I think this offer is still on but I am not sure. I was able to benefit from that offer.
Maybe some of you, solo travelers, would like to have a try with this company. It is capacity control and not in all itineraries but it might be interesting for some of you. 

Ivi

• Like 5

6 hours ago, travelberlin said:

I have booked with Explora Journey with a low solo supplement a midship balcony cabin. Explora Journey is the new luxury offer from MSC cruises. They had in addition a temporary offer for Diamond members from MSC which was an OBC of US 500 per cabin and a two category upgrade. I think this offer is still on but I am not sure. I was able to benefit from that offer.
Maybe some of you, solo travelers, would like to have a try with this company. It is capacity control and not in all itineraries but it might be interesting for some of you. 

Ivi

I made 2 bookings as well caused by the fact nothing was done by actual "new" Crystal to faithful ( and damaged ) pax 

I expect another approach - more continental  gastronomy on Explora and a cheaper wine list as on C 

Complimentary Champagne shall  be Moet - despite not my favourite still very nice to offer . 

• Like 2

With no response from the Crystal person regarding cost of a solo in a veranda for the holiday Caribbean cruise, I called my TA.  It is 11,999-    unacceptable to me for that itinerary.

She did reassure me that the window cabins on 7 have been renovated.    I think will put that amount toward a more interesting itinerary on a newer larger balcony stateroom on another line. 

Perhaps things such as price and itinerary will improve with time!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MsCrystalina said:

With no response from the Crystal person regarding cost of a solo in a veranda for the holiday Caribbean cruise, I called my TA.  It is 11,999-    unacceptable to me for that itinerary.

She did reassure me that the window cabins on 7 have been renovated.    I think will put that amount toward a more interesting itinerary on a newer larger balcony stateroom on another line. 

You might check Regent -- they were advertising some solo specials with 0% upcharges.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

You might check Regent -- they were advertising some solo specials with 0% upcharges.

Help me out on this one.  If we can get a solo cabin with a 0% kicker, then could we not get two cabins for the price of one (maybe a tad more depending on how the port charges/tax is applied)?  Therefore, a couple could have two cabins, one in each of their names, and pay virtually the same as if they booked one double cabin.

I'm assuming that the  base price for a solo is identical to the price each person of a couple would pay in a two-person cabin.

And all the better if those two cabins could be connecting...a virtual penthouse.

Please straighten me out on this too-good-to-be-true scenario.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, skybluewaters said:

Help me out on this one.  If we can get a solo cabin with a 0% kicker, then could we not get two cabins for the price of one (maybe a tad more depending on how the port charges/tax is applied)?  Therefore, a couple could have two cabins, one in each of their names, and pay virtually the same as if they booked one double cabin.

I'm assuming that the  base price for a solo is identical to the price each person of a couple would pay in a two-person cabin.

And all the better if those two cabins could be connecting...a virtual penthouse.

You could try -- but doubt it as they capacity control these "sales" and likely there could be only one cabin offered in a veranda category. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PaulMCO-     Yes indeed! I didn't want to spread the news.  My TA told me about it and have been 

studying the Regent options past 2 days!! On SS in Oct/Nov but have found some great itineraries at zero

supplement - air included and large staterooms with or without a veranda before or after Oct!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vistaman said:

I made 2 bookings as well caused by the fact nothing was done by actual "new" Crystal to faithful ( and damaged ) pax 

I expect another approach - more continental  gastronomy on Explora and a cheaper wine list as on C 

Complimentary Champagne shall  be Moet - despite not my favourite still very nice to offer . 

I haven't yet  had success meeting you on HL cruises, despite our years of sharing HL information as non-Germans who love HL (my last HL was last summer and I have another one coming up soon).   If you're doing Crystal bookings, let me know when -- that alone would be enough for me to book new Crystal (with or without my DH, depending on what else he is up to then), and finally get to meet the famous Vistaman! 🙂

Alternatively, one of your SS cruises would be another option. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

Never assume anything.

Plus I don’t see any connecting singles.

I do see one set of connecting ocean views on deck five of Symphony.

8 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

I haven't yet  had success meeting you on HL cruises, despite our years of sharing HL information as non-Germans who love HL (my last HL was last summer and I have another one coming up soon).   If you're doing Crystal bookings, let me know when -- that alone would be enough for me to book new Crystal (with or without my DH, depending on what else he is up to then), and finally get to meet the famous Vistaman! 🙂

Alternatively, one of your SS cruises would be another option. 

mrs  catlover -  new Crystal shall not happen in  2023 -  even 2024 is doubtful  - also angry new C is going to that port of Bruges Zeebrugge instead of to🤔 my hometown 

I will be on Regent Splendor 21 March ( 25 % s sup ), Europa 2 on 10 th June 

and on Silver Dawn  23rd April and 4th November 2023 

the door for SB is still closed - permanently 

I have a medical disease so I cannot guarantee  for sure to be on board  also I decided not to do longer cruises ( + 7 days ) to N Europe anymore

HL is aware of my identity on CC but will not communicate  and I do not think I am that famous at all , only crazy of gastronomy   or said by somebody the guy speaking several languages 😁

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MsCrystalina said:

what an amount of money for a Caribbean cruise ... usually before  the holidays in December there a specials  even on the luxury lines 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 8:57 PM, skybluewaters said:

Good point. I know several solo friends who cruise alone. But those solo cabins from the new Crystal do not come at the same price of the per person fare at double occupancy. Which means your assumption is not correct. Two people (couples other friends) will pay less in a cabin with double occupancy than in two solo cabins.

Ivi