Equinox- Finally made it back to Celebrity after 3 years!!

jean87510

I booked this cruise back in July when prices weren't as high as now.  I haven't been on a Celebrity ship since January 2020.  Its been a long strange road to say the least.  I booked an AquaClass stateroom 1506.  

So flash forward to today.  We used Flights by Celebrity that gave us a same day flight from PHL.  Piece of cake.  Not exactly.  As we left our Uber and went to get our luggage tags, husband left phone in Uber.  I immediately started calling and finally the Uber driver answered and brought husband's phone back to airport! 

Our flight was supposed to land at 11ish but was delayed a bit.  We had a port check in at 11am.  Yep.  Missed it.  BUT absolutely no lines and we went right in.

So a new thing at least to me is the cards left on the door and the ability to drop off the carryon luggage!!  We went up to the OVC.  So now I can say the lunch had a lot of selections.  I made my giant salad a la Elaine with lots of stuff in it.  Then got myself an ice cream cone.  I ate in the back and was able to get a couple of Coke Zeros as I still have to workout and don't want to jog drunk.  😁

Back we went to the room to unpack our carryons and check out the room.  So now I can confirm nothing was in the room from the fitness menu.  There are binoculars, yoga mats, and umbrellas.  Bigelow products in bathroom. We changed into our swim wear and headed to the solarium as it is actually cool, uncrowded plus getting a decent signal.  We had the basic package but upgraded my husband to the premium.  Current speed of the premium is 3.8 mbps which isn't great but workable.

I'll try to post daily about the ship and our ports which are the ABCs and Cayman.  Any questions, please feel free and I'll try to answer.  I am not in the Retreat so can't help there.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Looking forward to hearing how busy the pool bar is when you’re in Cayman 🤪hope you have a great time. We sail the Equinox in September, sailed on her twice last year, so really interested in your experience and opinion.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Looking forward to hearing how busy the pool bar is when you’re in Cayman 🤪hope you have a great time. We sail the Equinox in September, sailed on her twice last year, so really interested in your experience and opinion.

So far wow what a beautiful ship!!  😍

• Like 1

Did notice that mysteriously all these first night reservations are suddenly available at the Tuscan Grille where for months nothing was available with the sale price.  Just an observation.  We will try Blu or the OVC.  Or both!  Going forward, I would call to book the 1st night reservation instead for the specialty.  We were given 2 metal bottles of water that our room steward K said he would replace at least once daily.  Getting ready to head to gym to either jog or elliptical for an hour and also check out the Persian garden thermal area.  Plus checking out some of the classes as well.  I like Yoga but not a fan unless we are in calm waters which never seems to happen when doing the balance poses.

16 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

We felt that way about the Summit.  😁

Let us know how they compare and we may well try the Summit then, on your recommendation 

Edited by C4HCG
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Did notice that mysteriously all these first night reservations are suddenly available at the Tuscan Grille where for months nothing was available with the sale price.  Just an observation.  We will try Blu or the OVC.  Or both!  Going forward, I would call to book the 1st night reservation instead for the specialty.  We were given 2 metal bottles of water that our room steward K said he would replace at least once daily.  Getting ready to head to gym to either jog or elliptical for an hour and also check out the Persian garden thermal area.  Plus checking out some of the classes as well.  I like Yoga but not a fan unless we are in calm waters which never seems to happen when doing the balance poses.

Persian garden? Where is that? Not that I’d go there, not even sure what a thermal area is 😁

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Did notice that mysteriously all these first night reservations are suddenly available at the Tuscan Grille where for months nothing was available with the sale price.  Just an observation.  We will try Blu or the OVC.  Or both!  

Not sure what class you booked but Blu is the designated Dining Room for Aqua Class only! Wish you a Fantastic cruise!!

Edited by Loracpin2

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

Only ship we’ve sailed on, reluctant to try others as they can’t be as good !!

Silhouette is the same class and had a complete ‘Revolution’ which was completed just before the pandemic.F8282E32-7DF4-4AB4-8EC1-1B436D8B55F2.thumb.jpeg.9d755d07588140775f9b4e41980977c0.jpeg

31224ABA-BA76-4A97-9A7D-8D9CF3329644.thumb.jpeg.f110d9164aabbe2dc51a979e9bc563df.jpeg

B4923C10-BDD9-4E77-898F-176D20A17ED9.thumb.jpeg.79a90fc8a65692961f6442d8f26a6274.jpeg

FDD11AF0-D8CE-4FB7-8FA0-98BE7A9903DB.thumb.jpeg.8170a313fe57eff75a27ebe984dfc5d9.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Silhouette is the same class and had a complete ‘Revolution’ which was completed just before the pandemic.F8282E32-7DF4-4AB4-8EC1-1B436D8B55F2.thumb.jpeg.9d755d07588140775f9b4e41980977c0.jpeg

31224ABA-BA76-4A97-9A7D-8D9CF3329644.thumb.jpeg.f110d9164aabbe2dc51a979e9bc563df.jpeg

B4923C10-BDD9-4E77-898F-176D20A17ED9.thumb.jpeg.79a90fc8a65692961f6442d8f26a6274.jpeg

FDD11AF0-D8CE-4FB7-8FA0-98BE7A9903DB.thumb.jpeg.8170a313fe57eff75a27ebe984dfc5d9.jpeg

Love that view, best bit of sailing for me staring at the sea.

• Like 2

Went to Blu tonight.  Food was good.  I got a pickling season drink that was pretty decent but small.  Paid extra $3 as it was $12.  No big deal.  Got the corn soup and steak salad.  It was ok but small portions.  My husband who was wearing long dress shorts was warned he would not be allowed back unless he had dress pants.  Not jeans. We are now at the OVC for dessert.  And yes.  It is very bare here.  Salads.  Carved turkey. Fried chicken. Pizza.  There is also a stir fry station.

Edited by jean87510
  • Thanks 2