Celebrity Cruise Pricing

High on the Seas

10 minutes ago, southernbreezes said:

The ships are too small for me I would be bored after the first day. Plus they are not cheap.

What $10.00 and people are still crying about this. 10X$10.00 = $100.00 if you are short 100 bucks use your free OBC.

I have noticed the cruises I like cut back the number of nights along with increased prices.

For example, 2023 Apex Trans Atlantic is 15 nights 2024 is 13 nights plus the price is higher.

My Celebrity Suite 2023 TA is $14,000.00 but 2024 is priced at $24,000.00 for two fewer nights. So I overpaid for a Sky Suite but could take an Ocean View for a lot less. They have lots of unsold suites for 2024 so at least I could book one that I liked.

I think one reason the cut back on nights is so they have to pay out less OBC for Shareholder credit 

13 night is $100, 14 night is $250 

7 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

If you have a refundable deposit or even a non refundable deposit you still can reprice your cruise before final payment date 

With a non refundable deposit you lose some money but it still could be worth it to reprice 

In North America you don't lose anything if you reprice.   The $100 pp admin fee is only if you cancel or change ship/sailing dates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

If you have a refundable deposit or even a non refundable deposit you still can reprice your cruise before final payment date 

With a non refundable deposit you lose some money but it still could be worth it to reprice 

Not in the UK though, repricing an existing booking isn't allowed, which is why this recent change is good, but only for the current year...

For our sailing next week, the same room class has gone up roughly 25% since when we booked it.  For very same room on a sailing a year later (similar itinerary), it's about 60% higher.

I agree that it's starting to look like Lexus prices for a Toyota, but I won't start grousing about prices until they aren't filling ships.  As long as they can fill the ships, then more power to them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, High on the Seas said:

For the first time in years My wife and I won’t be booking a future cruise while on the ship. We have a B2B for a total of 14 days in Aqua class later this month that cost a total of $6710. Last year when I was onboard I booked a 14 day B2B in Aqua for 2024. The price had increased to $8138. A comparable 2025 cruise comes in at $10991 for 14 days. I understand the cruise industry has had its share of issues due to the pandemic but at these prices and needing to add airfare and trip insurance this is no longer an affordable vacation compared to other options. Raising prices 63 percent over a 2 year period is going to drive customers to an alternate vacation option.  I’m pretty sure there must be others with sticker shock also. Looks like a trip to sunny Florida will be in our future in 2025.  Happy cruising to those with bigger wallets.

Have you Emailed your displeasure to Celebrity's CEO? 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trying to find like-for-like itineraries/inclusions and routes on other lines, yes prices are higher than in years past, but I'm not seeing anything completely out of line. 

Prices almost always go up. I'm not sure why people continue to raise this complaint when you booked an itinerary the day it was released two years ago and now find the price much higher 4 months to the sail date. Does it really matter? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What goes up, usually goes down too; it’s a rollercoaster out there; you have opportunity cost/supply and demand all working, so keep track of those prices!  This is nothing more than playing “The Price is Right.”  Also, lower cabin can mean a better cabin for less with MoveUp.  However, it is totally up to you how important a certain cruise/line is and how much time you have to watch it!

Edited by Lastdance

For varying reasons we almost cancelled our May 2023 Med cruise but our cruise and flight have more than doubled since booking last January (cruise) and July (flights) and they continue to increase.   Hubs said we better take our dream cruise vacay now while it works with our budget. Thirty-five years married and I still don’t like to admit when he’s right but I had to this time.  He’s still enjoying that little victory 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

We are on the Apex TA in April and expect it will be our last Celebrity cruise unless something drastic happens with pricing.  We have loved the product in the past but it is just becoming prohibitive price wise.  The same is true for most other lines, so we, like others are looking at different vacation options.   

I hope things will improve in time but really don't expect a reversal of this trend in the foreseeable future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They increase/decrease the price according to what the market will bear - a little annoying but I'd do the same.  Keep monitoring - they change it often, sometimes daily.  We were set to go this winter and as I called the TA the prince jumped!  When it drops, grab one.  Ours did!  Even at a higher price it's still a good deal - and great fun!  All the best to you.

When it comes to prices of any commodity  ,the law id supply & demand comes into focus .Should the prices be too high for any product  or service then that product or service will sit on the shelves until the pricing is driven down . Not hard to understand

So for those wondering if it pays to go with Oceania vs Celebrity...

FWIW, I was pricing cruises on both the Oceania and on Celebrity...nearly identical itineraries (Pacific Coast), same length and same time frame, roughly the same size ships...very similarly priced all things considered...but Oceania PH suite was 300 sf, and Celebrity CS was about 100 sf larger (and with a separate bedroom).  

Unless the food and entertainment on O is significantly better (which I have heard isn't necessarily the case), I'm not sure it pays to go to a smaller cabin to "upgrade" to Oceania.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

We are on the Apex TA in April and expect it will be our last Celebrity cruise unless something drastic happens with pricing.  We have loved the product in the past but it is just becoming prohibitive price wise.  The same is true for most other lines, so we, like others are looking at different vacation options.   

I hope things will improve in time but really don't expect a reversal of this trend in the foreseeable future.

Please post a review of your experience.  We are looking at a TA next year (we did one before the Pandemic and loved it) but there have been a few negative comments about the food in the MDR having declined.  No room service etc.  Any recent insight on this ship would be greatly appreciated. I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy everything.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

I am on the same cruise as you and said the same thing but then in the last week booked the Edge from Vancouver to Hawaii for 13 nights on 9/21/24, not a bad deal E1 for $4,900 all included package group rate and a $450.00 OBC then I booked Ascent TA 13 nights for April 2024 a  Sky Suite for $12,300.00. I figure the good deal on Hawaii helps pay for the TA Sky Suite. Hope the price drops and I can rebook but... What can I say we love to cruise.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, southernbreezes said:

I am on the same cruise as you and said the same thing but then in the last week booked the Edge from Vancouver to Hawaii for 13 nights on 9/21/24, not a bad deal E1 for $4,900 all included package group rate and a $450.00 OBC then I booked Ascent TA 13 nights for April 2024 a  Sky Suite for $12,300.00. I figure the good deal on Hawaii helps pay for the TA Sky Suite. Hope the price drops and I can rebook but... What can I say we love to cruise.

Hope you enjoy both cruises. Sounds like you did get a great rate for Hawaii.   We love to cruise too...... just have trouble justifying the rates as they are set today.

Edited by Gracie115

Our 2 cruise this year for April and Nov TA , we are at $135 CAD pp a night with Always include in a balcony 

For our Nov 2024 Lisbon to BA and BA to Chile with Always included in a balcony it at $250 CAD pp a night so up $100  

when I check HAL they are about the same price 

2024 is book with a refundable so we have year to check prices and our own finance to see it is the best bang per dollar for us 

15 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yet Another Grand Exit. Had to look it up. You’re right, mean. 

I have no interest in people who use obscure acronyms (sometimes made up by themselves). I always think they're trying to be the "cool kids".

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, REDSTRIPETYPE said:

Well good luck! Hope you enjoy Norwegian and Carnival.  Like most things you get what you pay for!

Thx red stripe!  We’ve enjoyed all 14 of our Carnival cruises!  Have made wonderful memories with them.  Traveled to beautiful Caribbean and Mexican Riviera islands, met wonderful Carnival crew and made long lasting friendships meeting some awesome people.  What I love about cruising is there is something for everyone on every brand. Just have to go with a positive attitude!  Cheers 🍻 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, patty1955 said:

I have no interest in people who use obscure acronyms (sometimes made up by themselves). I always think they're trying to be the "cool kids".

I agree,  I still can't seem to find the Celebrity ship called Connie. 

Just booked 10 nights on Beyond for later this year at pretty much same price as we paid for 11 nights on Reflection last year. Not all prices have risen dramatically. 

You'll find that cruising still represents excellent value I think. I priced 10 nights in a standard room in the Wynn in Vegas (stayed there many times) for the same 10 day period we'll be on Beyond and the Wynn came in slightly more expensive than the Beyond and that's for room only. We're getting 10 nights of food and drink plus entertainment for less money! The steakhouse there now charge $95 for a filet steak...and that's literally just the steak, if you want veg that'll be an extra $20. 

Found an invoice from a Hard Rock in Orlando I stayed in 5yrs ago, the same 5 nights this year are more than double what I paid back then and for this September are averaging $620 night per room. That is room only (a club room so snacks/drinks for happy hour are included) so compare that to the $670 or so I'm paying for an AQ cabin on Beyond which is all inclusive, there's no competition! 

A friend goes to a different Sandals resort every year, those prices have gone up 25-30% in the last 18 months. 

People can complain and say they're done with Celebrity because they've raised their prices but good luck finding something comparable elsewhere who still has 2019 prices! 

• Like 5