Princess Plus Package

floridacruiser14

Just now, floridacruiser14 said:

We are booked on Emerald in June. When we booked we went with Princess Standard but are now looking to upgrade to Princess Plus. Does this need to be done and paid for by final payment or can it be added at anytime? Thanks in advance for your help.

Can be added at any time, or you can now buy it onboard ship, on day one.

37 minutes ago, jaycruising said:

Only if you book on ship, which just became an option as of today, one caveat is you have to do it on embarkation day. 

Yes, so a ship needs to be starting a new voyage as of today or the nearest day in future following today.  Has anyone actually confirmed with Guest Services on a ship that the cost is the same ($60/pp or $85/pp) as pre-cruise booking upcharge?  Has anyone actually confirmed with GS Desk that the cost goes on stateroom account and not directly to a Credit Card (so that OBC indeed is used to offset the charges)?  And do both Guest 1&2 in a cabin have to order and pay for the package when doing it on board as is required when booking a cruise?  (I would think answer is YES to the last question).

Hi- I am looking to upgrade to plus for our cruise in June for $60/pppd. Is that charged only for the first two guests? I am traveling with my two little kids- so for the gratuities- are gratuities only included for myself and my husband? Would I still be paying gratuities for my two little kids? Thanks! 

5 hours ago, hersheysmom78 said:

Hi- I am looking to upgrade to plus for our cruise in June for $60/pppd. Is that charged only for the first two guests? I am traveling with my two little kids- so for the gratuities- are gratuities only included for myself and my husband? Would I still be paying gratuities for my two little kids? Thanks! 

Here’s what’s mentioned in the FAQs.

1. Are third and fourth guests required to purchase the same package (Princess Plus or Princess Premier)?
    Third and fourth guests are not required or defaulted to the selected package of first and second guests in a stateroom. Should your 3rd and 4th guests want to opt in to receive the items, you will need to contact Princess or your Travel Advisor to have it applied to the booking.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hersheysmom78 said:

You do not need to purchase any packages for your two little kids, but your account will still be debited for 2 additional crew appreciations (gratuities) per day.

Some will tell you that you can remove that charge, but please keep in mind that the steward will be cleaning up for 4 each day.  That includes all the linen change outs, fixed beds, glasses, and other tidying up......  

• Like 1

Just now, rnr4thatsme said:

The second person on my booking is only 19, therefore can’t drink alcohol.  Would that make any difference?

None at all. You still both have to buy the Plus package.

Of course, on a European cruise,  the drinking  age drops to 18.

• Like 2

I tried searching to get an answer for this because I'm pretty sure it's been answered, but had no luck: I'm assuming this answer by wowzz means that both adults in a stateroom have to purchase the Plus pkg even if only one person can drink. (We have friends planning a cruise and one person can't drink alcohol for medical reasons.) Is that correct?

7 minutes ago, konatyme said:

I tried searching to get an answer for this because I'm pretty sure it's been answered, but had no luck: I'm assuming this answer by wowzz means that both adults in a stateroom have to purchase the Plus pkg even if only one person can drink. (We have friends planning a cruise and one person can't drink alcohol for medical reasons.) Is that correct?

Yes, both occupants have to purchase the Plus package. 

It is possible for one person to purchase a beverage package, but in reality the figures indicate that it is better value for two people to buy the Plus deal, even if one is a non drinker.

• Like 2

Speaking of figures, I'm trying to figure out exactly how many drinks one person would have to drink in order to make the Plus pkg a good value. In doing that, I think I'm confusing myself (not hard to do!) Would I simply subtract the standard fare from the Plus fare and that amount would be what would need to be consumed? Or would I first subtract gratuities and wi-fi from the Plus fare (since they are included), then the remaining amount would be what would be needed to be used for drinks?

Sorry if this isn't clear--as I said, I am confusing myself!

1 minute ago, konatyme said:

Speaking of figures, I'm trying to figure out exactly how many drinks one person would have to drink in order to make the Plus pkg a good value. In doing that, I think I'm confusing myself (not hard to do!) Would I simply subtract the standard fare from the Plus fare and that amount would be what would need to be consumed? Or would I first subtract gratuities and wi-fi from the Plus fare (since they are included), then the remaining amount would be what would be needed to be used for drinks?

If you're talking the Plus Cruise package with WiFi and crew appreciation included plus juice bar and premium desserts - you'd need to add the cost of the one device wifi package, crew appreciation for your cabin type, and how many of the juices or desserts you'd enjoy daily and minus that from the $60 a day cost to get what the balance would be left for the drink package portion, and use that against how many drinks it would take (including any non-alcoholic)

Basically, wifi at $15, CA at about $17, you're at $32 already. Even without any premium dessert or juices a day, you're at $28 towards beverage purchases. Bottled water runs $2 or so, specialty coffees around $3-5, soda about $2. .have two waters, a large coffee drink and your at $40/41 covered. 2 cocktails or glasses of wine at $12 ($24) and your over $60... It doesn't take much at all.. drink a few more bottles of water and it's even less on the alcoholic drink side..

(My prices are estimates but within a dollar or two, and CA varies on cabin type).

9 minutes ago, konatyme said:

Yes you need to subtract the WiFi and gratuities.  Also how many bottles of water you will drink plus coffee drinks and soda since the are all covered by the Plus package. We usually tell friends if you drink around 3-4 drinks a day then Plus  package is a no brainer. If you drink a lot of water and coffee drinks then even 2-3 would save money

Edited by memoak

I figure 2 booze drinks makes the plus package worth it, especially now that they're raising the $12 drinks to $15. 

And don't forget the mandatory 18% gratuity added to every drink without the package. 

Makes that $5 coffee $6 and that $15 drink $18.  $2 bottle of water $2.50 etc.  Honestly it's the mandatory 18% that kills me. 

36 minutes ago, justafem said:

I figure 2 booze drinks makes the plus package worth it, especially now that they're raising the $12 drinks to $15. 

And don't forget the mandatory 18% gratuity added to every drink without the package. 

Makes that $5 coffee $6 and that $15 drink $18.  $2 bottle of water $2.50 etc.  Honestly it's the mandatory 18% that kills me. 

You don’t tip your bartenders at land venues ?

• Like 1