Updated C&A perks

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

How would you feel if that great water you have been receiving as Emerald has now been eliminated as one of your perks/benefits? 

Honestly I probably wouldn't care as I don't drink too much water but I get what you are saying. I haven't had the luxury of many perks/benefits yet with my status so I really can't answer this.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

The “we are thrilled” made me lol.  

Royal is trying to stay afloat.  They need to cut back in small ways that add up.  We get it.  But don’t say “we are thrilled” when you’re cutting back like we don’t get it.

I was going to add to my post that their quote was actually an insult to our intelligence. But I was trying to be nicey nice. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Honestly I probably wouldn't care as I don't drink too much water but I get what you are saying. I haven't had the luxury of many perks/benefits yet with my status so I really can't answer this.

Water, juice, beer, or whatever the welcome back amenity may be from the CAS. Where does it stop. This is why some are voicing their displeasure with the CAS cutbacks. Speaking for myself, it sucks when we've paid for those perks/benefits over the years and then have them removed and then add nothing but a whole lot of blah, blah, blah. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No more soda or beer as a beverage choice

Only the toiletry bag or tote bag as branded items

So, does mean that hubby has to call and change his beer to something else??

22 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct, once they get through people who are already on the list.  No new mailouts

We did not fill out form on last cruise, does that mean we will not receive block for that particular ship ??

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Water, juice, beer, or whatever the welcome back amenity may be from the CAS. Where does it stop. This is why some are voicing their displeasure with the CAS cutbacks. Speaking for myself, it sucks when we've paid for those perks/benefits over the years and then have them removed and then add nothing but a whole lot of blah, blah, blah. 

Just curious if you are going on the President's Cruise?  I've never been (no plans to go anytime soon) so I have no idea how it works.  Do you know if people going on the President's Cruise will have an opportunity to voice their displeasure with the bad food, the cuts in room service and cuts in general?

Edited by ValerieJo

7 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Just curious if you are going on the President's Cruise?  I've never been (no plans to go anytime soon) so I have no idea how it works.  Do you know if people going on the President's Cruise will have an opportunity to voice their displeasure with the bad food, the cuts in room service and cuts in general?

No, we aren't. Now that would be a great Q&A forum to attend. Standing room only. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Actually the MDR is faster now because they stopped catering to whims all over the place.

The MDR is faster now because they stopped cooking the food before serving it. Vegetable sides were raw and cold, risotto was hard enough to crack a tooth, linguini was stiff enough that it could be used to board up a hole in the floor, and fish had so much salt in it that it could be used to de ice roadways. And, even at that, it was better (actually less bad would be a more appropriate word) than what is being served in the WJ.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

So, does mean that hubby has to call and change his beer to something else??

We did not fill out form on last cruise, does that mean we will not receive block for that particular ship ??

No, There is nothing to change the beer to.  It is automatically being replaced by water

Correct, if you did not fill out a form you will not get a block

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

My guess is that food quality will improve by an order of magnitude whenever a VIP suit from Miami is on board.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, StrikeEagle said:

free Wi-Fi is the faster one vs the basic slow Wi-Fi before

SURF+STREAM Internet or price equivalent discount on any onboard internet purchase for 1-device only12

On our next three sailings, only 'surf+stream' is available to purchase in the planner.

Maybe the cheaper version is discontinued as part of the 'enhancements'?

12 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Well...

So, a bottle of wine priced at $99.99 will cost us $60...and a bottle of wine priced at $100.01 will cost $80...

Think we'll ever see a $99 price on the wine list??

Of course, either bottle retails back home for about $12...and they buy it wholesale for $5...So they really don't mind selling it to you either way...

If my wife wants wine, she'll just use the vouchers for the cheap "by the glass" stuff...

Unless we get that cheap "Gift Amenity" Muscatel (which I found on the internet for $5 a bottle!)... 

FWIW, the one wine I would consider is Bell Glos. I think it's around $80 onboard.  The $32 discount makes it $48 plus tip. Retail on land is around $50 plus tax

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, icsys said:

On our next three sailings, only 'surf+stream' is available to purchase in the planner.

Maybe the cheaper version is discontinued as part of the 'enhancements'?

With the fleet shifting to Starlink, only Stream is being offered. ($23.99/day currently on Serenade)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No, There is nothing to change the beer to.  It is automatically being replaced by water

Correct, if you did not fill out a form you will not get a block

Thanks for your response.  Hubby said just leave it as is since we get 2 bottles of wine. I guess we will just ask on the next cruise about our block for that ship to see if they have the new ones.

18 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

Thanks for your response.  Hubby said just leave it as is since we get 2 bottles of wine. I guess we will just ask on the next cruise about our block for that ship to see if they have the new ones.

You should call C&A about the block. If you missed one they will not give it to you on the next ship, they will just send an e mail to C&A requesting they mail one to you

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, monorail81 said:

So, as a newly minted D+, I haven’t yet sailed with having to pick the amenity choice and I’m confused about something. If there are two D+ in the stateroom, only one can pick the toiletry bag, but the other can pick something else, right?  But, if each choses a bottle of wine, two bottles of wine will be in the cabin?  If so, can they be the same wine? Just checking so I can be prepared and make the phone call easy. 

The new amenity list says one per household until you reach 340 loyalty points, then you can pick two per household. We'll be on a B2B and will reach 340 during the first leg, so was instructed to visit the LA on the ship to request our 2nd amenity for the 2nd leg of our B2B.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, island lady said:

OMG....now I am getting more and more justified in booking with other lines.  Sigh...hate to see that have to happen....but seems we are now all being taken for granted.  Long time Pinnacle friends are doing the same thing.  

Bye bye RCI.   You apparently don't need us any longer. 

You are so right, they would rather have a cabin filled with parents, 3 kids and out buying Thrill waterpark admission, all the junk in the stores, drink packages, etc. We  don't provide the revenue!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, melbur said:

You are so right, they would rather have a cabin filled with parents, 3 kids and out buying Thrill waterpark admission, all the junk in the stores, drink packages, etc. We  don't provide the revenue!!

That is it.... and new cruisers, with everything new cruisers buy like RC excursions, photographs, art auction pieces and overpriced jewelry.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

That is it.... and new cruisers, with everything new cruisers buy like RC excursions, photographs, art auction pieces and overpriced jewelry.

I buy excursions and shop. Lol. I'd rather do rcl excursions with others because I'm solo so not worth doing private excursions. 

They can keep my water. I drink ship water with tons of ice. I give the bottled water away.  Or leave it behind.

• Like 2