Premium Dessert Pictures - Discovery Princess

Shelly97060

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this is not it. There is no way I can eat 2 of those a day for 8 days. I am hoping by the time I cruise at the end of April, they will have something else. I had a dessert like this in NYC and my mom, daughter and I ate one and still couldn't eat it all. It's just one big sticky mess. 

• Like 6

I see those 'bottles' stuck in them...is there really any alcohol in them??

Not seeing the point... 

ETA: I'm assuming they are just decoration??

Edited by dlh015
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

I see those 'bottles' stuck in them...is there really any alcohol in them??

Not seeing the point... 

ETA: I'm assuming they are just decoration??

You can buy these either with alcohol or without. So if you buy with alcohol, you'll get the mini bottle added. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, HikaruTsuki said:

You can buy these either with alcohol or without. So if you buy with alcohol, you'll get the mini bottle added. 

Thank you! I saw that they are included (2 a day) for Princess Plus (what we booked)...do you happen to know if those are with or without alcohol? Or an upcharge for alcohol? (It would be no alcohol with DW, with alcohol for me...lol...) 

They're trying their own riff on the gourmet milkshake trend that exploded all over social media several years back. I just don't think this makes any sense on a cruise line like Princess; it would sell much better on a Carnival or RCI. It's a really polarizing dessert; you'll find as many influencers shilling the product as much as there are people who cannot imagine needing to lick or chew off the edge of a glass just to enjoy part of the dessert.

Mini-rant: As far as "premium desserts" go, I still personally can't believe this is a "perk" Princess is trying to sell as something special in their packages. It's so unorganically gimmicky, and I don't think the pictures on the menu make it look appetizing at all. And yet they can still manage to run out of ingredients for cookies in the buffet over the duration of a cruise. Rant over.

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

They're trying their own riff on the gourmet milkshake trend that exploded all over social media several years back. I just don't think this makes any sense on a cruise line like Princess; it would sell much better on a Carnival or RCI. It's a really polarizing dessert; you'll find as many influencers shilling the product as much as there are people who cannot imagine needing to lick or chew off the edge of a glass just to enjoy part of the dessert.

Mini-rant: As far as "premium desserts" go, I still personally can't believe this is a "perk" Princess is trying to sell as something special in their packages. It's so unorganically gimmicky, and I don't think the pictures on the menu make it look appetizing at all. And yet they can still manage to run out of ingredients for cookies in the buffet over the duration of a cruise. Rant over.

3 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

Here are pictures of the premium desserts offered on Discovery Princess.

Do any of these concoctions taste any good?  I might try one just so I could talk/write about it, but I must say, I'd rather have some quality scoops of real ice cream or gelato.  I have had a number of gourmet-restaurant-quality desserts in my past, but none like these.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Well, that answers the question why the elite minibar is being reduced to only 6 minis.

Was that part of your joke, or is this some news I have missed?  (Current Elite Minibar is 10 alcohol and 10 non-alcohol).

44 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Was that part of your joke, or is this some news I have missed?  (Current Elite Minibar is 10 alcohol and 10 non-alcohol).

I was thinking that too...  Not that I drink the mini bottles...but then again.

Let's take an unscientific poll:  

1.  Princess will keep the desserts

2.  Princess will get rid of the desserts, but still charge you $60 for plus and $80 for premier plus grat.

3.  Princess will get rid of the desserts AND reduce the price of the beverage packages.

How long will it take Princess to realize they made a mistake?

Of course, you know this is rhetorical...............

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I was thinking that too...  Not that I drink the mini bottles...but then again.

Let's take an unscientific poll:  

1.  Princess will keep the desserts

2.  Princess will get rid of the desserts, but still charge you $60 for plus and $80 for premier plus grat.

3.  Princess will get rid of the desserts AND reduce the price of the beverage packages.

How long will it take Princess to realize they made a mistake?

Of course, you know this is rhetorical...............

I don't have any actual guesses, but Princess HQ has had more than a share of bad moves and mistakes in recent years.  To be slightly fair, they have not all occurred under JP's watch. 

The more-is-better desserts that they throw everything at but the kitchen sink don't look like a winner.  $12??  I'd be, just give me the ice cream and hold the candy bars, suckers, M&M's, etc, and charge me what they do at Gelato's.  I guess I might try one and share with my wife just to see how they taste, but two per day per person?!!

• Like 4

We have the Plus Package booked and I can’t even imagine wanting one of these concoctions!  I was hoping for a superior chocolate cake or premium ice cream or luscious cheesecake.  Just looks like a hot mess to me.  Oh, Princess, what have you done?

• Like 3

The pictures I have seen of what you get have the candy still in the wrapper - if this is the case order your two a day remove wrapped candy to pass on to kids, remove shots to enjoy later and walk away from the rest - or better still just ask for the wrapped candy and shot without the rest - honestly the only way I could safely eat one of those would naked standing in the shower.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8