NCL sends me way too much advertising via snail mail. How do I opt out?

Stockjock

Seems like I get a fat brochure weekly from NCL and I'd like to opt out.  I do see how to unsubscribe from their e-mail messages, which aren't a big deal, but I cannot see how to opt out from advertising that I receive in the mail.

Anyone know how to do this?

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

• Stockjock changed the title to NCL sends me way too much advertising via snail mail. How do I opt out?

Ditto.

My wife and I sail all the time with NCL and get nothing. My father who lived with us and is deceased and has sailed NCL only once, gets a brochure weekly in the mail. This is the only mail of his we haven't been able to figure out how to stop!!!

• Like 1

You don't have the same legal protections for postal mail as you do for email - not that those legal protections actually help with spam email, but at least they are there. The spammers just move off-shore and send email from a foreign country. But postal mail - not the same thing.

If NCL won't take you off their mailing list, I only know of one other option. You can sign up for the direct marketing association's suppression list at dmachoice.org, but there is a fee. It suppresses most marketing bulk mail for 10 years. Then you have to re-register.

There is no legal requirement that they must stop sending you postal mail, as far as I have been able to tell. Bulk mail is profitable for the Postal Service so the government is not keen to reduce it.

Edited by fshagan
Bulk mail profit for postal service

we get tons and tons of junk mail (ncl brochures included) as im sure many of us do. i suggest that if you're not interested, merely throw it out with the rest of your junk mail.

before you s**t can the brochure, give it a quick perusal. i have found some interesting itinerary's listed. then i just go onto ncl.com and get more info

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carohs said:

I received two of the same brochure just yesterday. I'm definitely annoyed.

Why. Do you not have recycling where you live? It might be a mild nuisance to get too much junk mail but life is too short for things like this to annoy you. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shof515 said:

Whenever i log into my NCL account to look up my future cruises triggers this from what i noticed. i always get something in the mail within a few days after logging in

I seem to get a phone call from the same cruise consultant person each time I log in. And I've NEVER booked anything through her - I usually travel with a family member who does the booking. 

Never get anything from NCL, but get it from Viking every single day for at least 5 years since we’ve been getting my parents mail, they died years ago but got mailings every day for close to 20 years after their one Viking cruise.

59 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

Why. Do you not have recycling where you live? It might be a mild nuisance to get too much junk mail but life is too short for things like this to annoy you. 

Not everything sent to recycling actually gets recycled, and the materials and shipping are still wasteful. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

I seem to get a phone call from the same cruise consultant person each time I log in. And I've NEVER booked anything through her - I usually travel with a family member who does the booking. 

This happens to me as well whenever I log in and search for a cruise.  Calls/emails from a consultant for several days.  I always avoid logging in now.

2 hours ago, KSSS2013 said:

Agree, who gives stuff like this a second thought? 

16 hours ago, shof515 said:

Whenever i log into my NCL account to look up my future cruises triggers this from what i noticed. i always get something in the mail within a few days after logging in

Different here. I have logged in, but the snail mail (like 3 or 4 at least a week it seems) are addressed to DW. And they started well before we booked a 2023 Prima cruise in 2021. The last we sailed on NCL was in fact in 2012.

Yes, I was definitely annoyed. 

Yes, I consider it a waste time, even if it is the 10 seconds it takes to sort the mail and dump it.

No, it's not guaranteed that what you throw in the recycle bin will in fact be recycled. Do yes, it's a waste of resources.

No, I didn't give it a second thought. Only a first. "That's annoying" was my thought. End. Full stop.

No, I didn't stay annoyed beyond the time it took to have that thought. Dealt with it, moved on with my life. 

All of you acting like I can't even acknowledge an emotion I did feel even if it was a second of time, that annoyed me too 😂 

• Like 2