Luggage Valet

Rsgroup

We haven't used this service, but we have used Luggage Free several times and have been very happy with it.  Each time, our suitcase has been waiting for us in our stateroom when we boarded. On our upcoming TA, we'll be shipping it back to the US at the port.  We'll spend a few weeks in England and I didn't want to schlep around a bunch of inappropriate clothes for our casual follow-on journey.  And, they'll pick it up at our disembarkation; we don't even have to take it anywhere. 

3 hours ago, Rsgroup said:

Does Celebrity have any plans to re-start the Luggage Valet service in Ft. Lauderdale anytime soon?  We sail 4/9 and would like to take advantage of it if possible...

Even if there are plans to start it back up, I doubt it would start back up within the next few weeks.

4 hours ago, wanderlust58 said:

We haven't used this service, but we have used Luggage Free several times and have been very happy with it.  Each time, our suitcase has been waiting for us in our stateroom when we boarded. On our upcoming TA, we'll be shipping it back to the US at the port.  We'll spend a few weeks in England and I didn't want to schlep around a bunch of inappropriate clothes for our casual follow-on journey.  And, they'll pick it up at our disembarkation; we don't even have to take it anywhere. 

That’s a totally different service and has nothing to do with luggage valet.

Was advised by a Celebrity rep for people to contact Celebrity and express their views on not having Luggage Valet.  For us and other like us, we are seniors with mobility issues so this service is very important to us and weighs on our decision to book with Celebrity.  To my knowledge all other cruiselines offer this service.  If you want this service, voice your concern.

51 minutes ago, wanderlust58 said:

Since I wasn't helpful in suggesting Luggage Free, perhaps someone can explain what exactly Luggage Valet is/was. 

Luggage valet is a service where, at the end of the cruise, they take your bag directly to the airport and it is checked in..so the next time you see your bag is when you get off the plane. I only works when you are leaving the ship... but for a nominal fee you can avoid taking your suitcase with you to the airport.  Isn't the service you were talking about one where you can ship your luggage straight from your home to the ship and I assume back again at the end?

Yes, you can ship luggage from home directly to the ship or vice versa.  For this TA Luggage Free will pick it up at Southampton and deliver it to my sister while we are in England. Haven't decided yet about the November TA.  If anything, I'll use it to ship our bag home from TPA since it will be the day before Thanksgiving.  You still have to do your own check-in for the flight, though.

7 hours ago, Happy2cruise said:

Was advised by a Celebrity rep for people to contact Celebrity and express their views on not having Luggage Valet.  For us and other like us, we are seniors with mobility issues so this service is very important to us and weighs on our decision to book with Celebrity.  To my knowledge all other cruiselines offer this service.  If you want this service, voice your concern.

Standard stall tactic and many of us have contacted the exec office.  Simply, someone at X simply call the vendor, Bags Inc, who still lists X as a partner

image.thumb.png.fa54817bdeb6b6f016fa03946bdd7cd0.png

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

23 hours ago, Happy2cruise said:

Valid point and the service is very convenient as long as you flight time and airport meet the requirement.  For instance Princess offered the service only for flights from FLL and not Miami.

.  You should do research before you book other lines, because this service is not offered on many of them.  Easy enough to find out, but no guarantee.

Good luck.

Edited by jagoffee

4 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I'll help out others, pointless to click on this as there's no info about if or when it'll resume.  This is one of 10ish threads about it

The intent was to allow folks to see the old letter that Celebrity provided and how the program worked.  

• Like 1

Not sure if this is relevent or not, but on our cruise in early March we used luggage express.  For $10 per suitcase, Celebrity will deliver your luggage to the airport ( we were in San Juan ).  You put your luggage out the night before as always.  We got Zone 8.  We picked up our luggage the next morning in the warehouse, went through customs and once outside, were directed to a large white truck who took our luggage to the airport, freeing us to wander about.  Once at the airport, follow instructions where to pick up luggage and then proceed through the normal airport check in tasks.  It was worth it in our opinion.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...