The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday April 6th, 2023

10 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Will read all the posts later, but as it is walking day, want to mention an interesting book we read recently, "52 Ways to Walk" by Annabel Streets.  Mentions the benefits, such as good for people with Arthritis.  

Kia Ora. Have a great tomorrow for us! 🙂

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Quarterfinal game over for tonight.  They played a team from Utah that Ren's Tigers' team had played against about 15 months ago in Orlando at ESPN Wide World of Sports so they were familiar with him.  1 to 0 at halftime (FC Dallas).  Ren went in sometime during the second half, first as right wing, then they switched him to the center forward position where he had a better chance of scoring or assisting someone to score.  He did get one assist and the final score was FC Dallas 3 to 0.  On to the semifinals tomorrow night!  Yay FC Dallas!  This team was a tough one and they prevailed.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, kochleffel said:

The Garden Club will probably know that the California poppy is Escholzia, while the Eurasian poppy is Papaver.

There is a Jewish tartan that is listed in the Scottish Register of Tartans!

A tartan, not only for the Jewish population in Scotland, but for Jews and non Jews anywhere in the world. Initiated by Rabbi Mendel Jacobs of Glasgow [shown in the photo] it was designed by Brian Wilton of the Scottish Tartans Authority. The central gold line on navy blue represents the gold from the Biblical Tabernacle, the Ark of the Covenant and the many ceremonial vessels. The silver is from the Scroll of Law and the red represents the traditional Kiddush wine. The brightest section of the tartan is the blue and white of the Israeli flag. There are seven lines in the central motif and three in the flag - both numbers of great significance in the Jewish world. It can be seen at http://www.jewishtartan.com/contact.htm.

Jewishtartan.jpg.49f488fb58fd58281bd0ccd71cb47714.jpg

I will skip the pork stir-fry and the drink, and the wine is beyond my budget. I haven't been to Grand Cayman.

Jacqui, it's not belated! Today is the first full day of Passover, and the celebration lasts for seven or eight days.

matzabirds.thumb.jpg.58d2805bc1785f0d88993cf280146952.jpg

I actually love the matzah with some butter because I like crispy things.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kazu said:

Good morning everyone and a belated Happy Passover to those who celebrate.

Sorry I haven’t been on - just don’t have any good news and trying to deal with stuff and a very unhappy elbow.   I’m too slow moving and just can’t keep up.  And I feel badly if I can’t keep up on the Daily 😞 

I don’t want to moan and groan here so it’s just best I stay off until I am doing better.  I’ll be back 🙂 

This is a good place to moan and groan, especially if it helps. 

• Like 8

I never got the nap, and I have to be up again at 6 tomorrow as I am having tests done for the adrenal gland tumor.  I did watch a Netflix show on Earth storms.  Currently watching Ghosts, and I hope to talk DH into a back rub, to get those shoulders feeling better.

@Cruising-alongI hope you are feeling better soon.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@marshhawk  Good luck for the tests tomorrow, hope you will soon have good news on both tests.

@aliaschief  Kia ora, thanks for the humour today.

@Cruising-along  hope you are both feeling better very soon.

@RedneckBob sending positive thoughts for the situation improving.

@kazu  Hope that everything will soon start to improve for you.   You can vent here as much as you wish.

@RMLincoln   such good news from DH's oncologist.

It's a sunny day but temperature only 13 C.  Autumn has arrived.

The local supermarket is seling Red Kiwi Fruit, they are good for a change.........has anyone else tried them?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Quarterfinal game over for tonight.  They played a team from Utah that Ren's Tigers' team had played against about 15 months ago in Orlando at ESPN Wide World of Sports so they were familiar with him.  1 to 0 at halftime (FC Dallas).  Ren went in sometime during the second half, first as right wing, then they switched him to the center forward position where he had a better chance of scoring or assisting someone to score.  He did get one assist and the final score was FC Dallas 3 to 0.  On to the semifinals tomorrow night!  Yay FC Dallas!  This team was a tough one and they prevailed.

Sandi, is it the Dallas Cup tournament that Ren is playing in now?

• Like 5

Sorry I'm behind as usual, its the work thing

Not into making big statements but as the sun goes down tonight, as a Canadian, my heart goes out for the tragic passing of the members and support staff of the Humboldt Broncos  5 years ago today.  All those young lives, and those who remain maimed in an unfortunate accident between the team bus and a transport truck.  I am hoping the sails at Canada Place will light up again in Green and Gold. A very wise local child put out a hockey stick that night, in case they wanted to play. I shall go get my hockey stick now.. in case they want to play

Bless all

• Like 4
  • Thanks 14

Annie, @marshhawk so glad you made it through the scan and sorry it was difficult. Hope tomorrow is easier. Still praying for Amazing!  

@Cruising-along Rest, rest, more rest. Thankfully now COVID is mild for most people. But clinically mild can still be miserable.

Because you said you didn’t know what a serious case might be:  high fever (102.5+)  that won’t come down with analgesics; difficulty catching your breath; pain with breathing either in or out, coughing so much you can’t breathe in between coughs, mental confusion; chest/heart pain… call for an ambulance to the hospital. 

Otherwise, liquids, cold meds and remedies (I used a vaporizer), eat light and rest. Prayers for a speedy recovery for you both, but also realize the fatigue may go on well after the cold symptoms, give it time!  

@cruising sister good attitude during a crappy travel event!  Hope you can either get home tonight or can have a comfortable place to rest for more travel tomorrow. Stay safe and well! 

m—

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

@Cruising-along Rest, rest, more rest. Thankfully now COVID is mild for most people. But clinically mild can still be miserable.

Because you said you didn’t know what a serious case might be:  high fever (102.5+)  that won’t come down with analgesics; difficulty catching your breath; pain with breathing either in or out, coughing so much you can’t breathe in between coughs, mental confusion; chest/heart pain… call for an ambulance to the hospital. 

Otherwise, liquids, cold meds and remedies (I used a vaporizer), eat light and rest. Prayers for a speedy recovery for you both, but also realize the fatigue may go on well after the cold symptoms, give it time!  

Thank you Maureen.  You said it well.  

DH feels like he may be turning the corner -- fingers crossed!  He's 1-2 days ahead of me and has been on Paxlovid longer.  I took my first dose tonight (smaller dose because of my kidney function). 

I'm resting because that's all I can do -- last night I slept 11 hours, but cold meds helped with that.  Even dozed off on the couch today, something I never do unless I'm sick.  And it's only 7:30 now and I think I'll head to bed soon!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you Maureen.  You said it well.  

DH feels like he may be turning the corner -- fingers crossed!  He's 1-2 days ahead of me and has been on Paxlovid longer.  I took my first dose tonight (smaller dose because of my kidney function). 

I'm resting because that's all I can do -- last night I slept 11 hours, but cold meds helped with that.  Even dozed off on the couch today, something I never do unless I'm sick.  And it's only 7:30 now and I think I'll head to bed soon!

We slept a lot and didn’t get Paxlovid on our Rotterdam cruise but did need Afrin Nasal Spray to help breathing nasal issues.

Plus our dear, the twin SIL, who never got it, would send two double single malt scotch down to our jail house every night. They were great Sominex!😄

• Like 10

4 hours ago, erewhon said:

@marshhawk  Good luck for the tests tomorrow, hope you will soon have good news on both tests.

@aliaschief  Kia ora, thanks for the humour today.

@Cruising-along  hope you are both feeling better very soon.

@RedneckBob sending positive thoughts for the situation improving.

@kazu  Hope that everything will soon start to improve for you.   You can vent here as much as you wish.

@RMLincoln   such good news from DH's oncologist.

It's a sunny day but temperature only 13 C.  Autumn has arrived.

The local supermarket is seling Red Kiwi Fruit, they are good for a change.........has anyone else tried them?

Thanks

• Like 4

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Great news.

congratulations-clapping.gif.dac4a2fc45e7863d14234388f5a33dab.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1