Quantum - Can we have a Glacier Cruise WITHOUT the Glaciers?

Quantum Sept 11 cruise also now shows Sea Days for the Juneau and Edicott days. Hope its just an IT issue--but when I went in to try and book an excursion for either port, it wouldn't let me reserve it. 

25 minutes ago, theredwoodguy said:

It appears, according to the link below, that Juneau is looking to reduce the number of cruise ships in their port so we may not be stopping there but hopefully that won't affect the glacier portion of our cruise. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/popular-alaskan-port-seeking-to-limit-cruise-ship-visits/93569

???  That IS the glacier part of our cruise.  The chances of getting into Endicott arm far enough to see the glacier are never guaranteed, but I completely plan to see Mendenhall glacier in Juneau. It is when we actually know (with almost certainty) we can see a glacier on the entire cruise.  

Having the same issue for my June 16 cruise on Ovation.  Cruisemapper shows that we were scheduled to be 1 of 6 cruise ships in port that day, and as mentioned above Juneau recently limited the port to 5 ships per day.  I'm not going to go through and check every single day to see if all of the cruises mentioned above are also scheduled to be one of 6 (or more) ships, but I really, really hope this is an IT glitch and not an actual port cancellation.  

Maybe I don't understand the logistics of a cruise like this, but even if they limit the number of ships in port couldn't they still do Endicott Arm??  

A little odd.  On my 8/19/24 cruise, it still shows Juneau excursions available (although you are unable to "reserve" them) and that port as being a stop when you do a general cruise search.  But, on the upcoming cruises page (where you can pick your particular reservations), on that one cruise it is not showing up as a port stop.  All my other reservations accurately show all of the other ports for those itineraries. 

Edited by The Scurvy Pirate

10 hours ago, theredwoodguy said:

It appears, according to the link below, that Juneau is looking to reduce the number of cruise ships in their port so we may not be stopping there but hopefully that won't affect the glacier portion of our cruise. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/popular-alaskan-port-seeking-to-limit-cruise-ship-visits/93569

I did see that as well. I checked for the day my Ovation sailing was scheduled to be in Juneau, and there's 5 ships there that day. Still doesn't explain why it seems those of us checking our sailings this summer have seen this mysterious port disappearance/lack of ability to book excursions from a large number of itineraries.

I'm half tempted to reach out to the independent tour company we've booked through to see if they have heard anything...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, atxcarter said:

I'm half tempted to reach out to the independent tour company we've booked through to see if they have heard anything...

If you do please provide a follow-up.  I just received email notifications of balance due and am sort or reluctant.  

• Like 1

I called RCCL this morning. The first girl put me on hold for 10 minutes to find out, then disconnected me even though she took my number just in case that happened. The second call the girl told me it still shows on her screen and to log out and log back in to fix it which I did and which it didn’t. Good luck to anyone who can get the right newer. I too have a private tour booked. 

• Thanks 1

We are on the June 12 Quantum cruise, if true, for those of you that have never sailed to Alaska and wanted to see a Glacier you will greatly be greatly disappointed if this change is true.

We have sailed 3 previous times to Alaska on Princess and the sail into the Endicott Arm and walking to the Mendenhall Glacier are the highlights of this cruise.

Just hope this an IT glitch.

• Like 1

Just now, paradise4me said:

I did another mock booking and it is on the itinerary for June 12. I would think it would have been removed from new bookings?

They have taken it off the app and you can no longer book excursions on that date.

Still showing up for new bookings, but also removed from website and the app for the June 26th Quantum sailing. Juneau shows up on the shore excursion page, but all options that day are grayed out for booking and say “Sorry, we are working on enhancing excursion options. Check back later.”

This is particularly frustrating because it is after final payment for us. I don’t know that we would have chosen this cruise if we knew Juneau would be off the table.

Missed ports are always a possibility, but this is incredibly unfortunate, especially for our family who are doing a once-in-a-lifetime Alaskan cruise.

28 minutes ago, fuinseog said:

Still showing up for new bookings, but also removed from website and the app for the June 26th Quantum sailing. Juneau shows up on the shore excursion page, but all options that day are grayed out for booking and say “Sorry, we are working on enhancing excursion options. Check back later.”

This is particularly frustrating because it is after final payment for us. I don’t know that we would have chosen this cruise if we knew Juneau would be off the table.

Missed ports are always a possibility, but this is incredibly unfortunate, especially for our family who are doing a once-in-a-lifetime Alaskan cruise.

We are also after final payment. I am still holding out that this is a glitch. If I would have known that Juneau, and Endicott arm, were not on the itinerary I know for absolute certain we would never have booked the cruise.

• Like 1

I dug a little deeper on the 5 cruise ship limit.  It does not start until 2024.  It may be wishful thinking but I want to believe it's a glitch.

I am seeing the same issues with our June 5 Quantum sailing.  It's no longer on the app.  The shore excursions are still available online but can't be booked.

I also called RCI’s  customer service today. Had no problem reaching them and the lady who helped me had me hold on while she did some checking. On everything she had available or could access, it still shows our initial itinerary for July 3’s sailing. She said the shore excursions were still available to book on her end. She wanted to know where I had gotten information regarding possible canceled ports and not being able to book excursions in those ports. I told her there was a cruisecritic thread, and a heck of a lot of people are going to be really upset if they have pulled those ports. She said from everything she has been able to find out they are still in the itineraries. Also, that usually they will get notices indicating changes. . I guess we shall see! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2023 at 9:12 AM, atxcarter said:

I did see that as well. I checked for the day my Ovation sailing was scheduled to be in Juneau, and there's 5 ships there that day. Still doesn't explain why it seems those of us checking our sailings this summer have seen this mysterious port disappearance/lack of ability to book excursions from a large number of itineraries.

if you log onto cruisemapper, and click on the port, see what the schedule says.

I know Juneau can handle 7 ships and one has to float around and tender folks in.

I'm on the 8/14 Quantum sailing, and Juneau shows both in app and website for me, with Endicott glacier missing.  I booked recently, and there's no rollcall I can find for that week, so I don't knowhow long its been MIA