Sparkling wine upon embarkation?

LizzGo

I gather you can go looking for it though? Not as nice as being greeted with a glass of bubbly- for sure- but I'll take it! Maybe by the time we sail in Jan 2024 they will have brought it back. 🤞

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LizzGo said:

I gather you can go looking for it though? Not as nice as being greeted with a glass of bubbly- for sure- but I'll take it! Maybe by the time we sail in Jan 2024 they will have brought it back. 🤞

Agree.  We were on the Apex in March and was unaware of it being offered as no one mentioned it. I like your positive attitude.

3 hours ago, kathynorth said:

On my last cruise there were waiters with trays of drinks including sparkling wine near the Martini bar during embarkation. 

What ship?  No such thing was in play on Solstice in March.  Either they do it fleet wide or not at all. Decide, Celebrity. 

• Like 1

We boarded the Millennium in San Juan on March 25th. No sparkling wine was offered to us when boarding. We weren't bothered as we had the premium drink package and knew we could grab a bevy easily in no time. (We eventually enjoyed a few TOO many on embarkation day! LOL!)

What I LOVED about embarkation is that upon walking onto the ship, we were swiftly directed to our muster station where we confirmed with a crew member that we'd completed watching the safety video, answered about two questions and moved on! We then dropped our carryons in our stateroom and then grabbed lunch in the buffet! Easiest embarkation afternoon EVER! 

To answer the OP's question, all of this is to say that if one has a drink package, you'll be able to find a glass of bubbly very easily and quickly all the while checking off the formerly mundane tasks of embarkation day! 🙂

Edited by BeachTunes
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

What ship?  No such thing was in play on Solstice in March.  Either they do it fleet wide or not at all. Decide, Celebrity. 

It was available on the Solstice in December.  We don’t care for it but do think it was a nice, but cumbersome touch pre pandemic.  It was a bit difficult to have a purse, sea pass, and a roll aboard and navigate a crowd with a glass of bubbly.

I think many are missing it as they head directly to their cabin to get their sea pass and drop of carry ons.  Then they head to lunch or a bar for their 1st drink 

On 4/12/2023 at 11:40 PM, BeachTunes said:

We boarded the Millennium in San Juan on March 25th. No sparkling wine was offered to us when boarding. We weren't bothered as we had the premium drink package and knew we could grab a bevy easily in no time. (We eventually enjoyed a few TOO many on embarkation day! LOL!)

What I LOVED about embarkation is that upon walking onto the ship, we were swiftly directed to our muster station where we confirmed with a crew member that we'd completed watching the safety video, answered about two questions and moved on! We then dropped our carryons in our stateroom and then grabbed lunch in the buffet! Easiest embarkation afternoon EVER! 

To answer the OP's question, all of this is to say that if one has a drink package, you'll be able to find a glass of bubbly very easily and quickly all the while checking off the formerly mundane tasks of embarkation day! 🙂

I agree...We were on Summit last week and had the same experience...took us directly to our muster station...did a very fast briefing...and DONE! I didn't notice any drinks given out anywhere, but it's possible they could have been somewhere. We headed to our room then up to the pool deck. 

• Like 2

It is very possible/probable that glasses of bubbly are sitting on bar counters, but folks are missing them.  On Eclipse glasses were on the Cafe al Bacio counter with no signage.  It would have been easy to assume that they were there for a server to deliver to a table. 

22 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

It is very possible/probable that glasses of bubbly are sitting on bar counters, but folks are missing them.  On Eclipse glasses were on the Cafe al Bacio counter with no signage.  It would have been easy to assume that they were there for a server to deliver to a table. 

I thought it was a nice touch but post covid they've done away with it and doubtful it will return. Just another cutback. 

Equinox in Oct and Beyond in March.   Nothing.  We had the drink pack so it didn’t matter and normally we would take a sip and set it down.  Wasn’t that good and didn’t need to juggle  a glass and our carry on.    Needed a free hand 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Although it was a nice touch upon boarding yes sometimes it was hard to have the glass, bags and carry-on all at once. 

Suggestion to celebrity would be to great each guest and offer them a coupon to go at your own leisure to pick up that glass at any specific bar. 

Voila 

vote me for new CEO 😂 

Sea Ya 

Eric 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nimiq said:

Although it was a nice touch upon boarding yes sometimes it was hard to have the glass, bags and carry-on all at once. 

Suggestion to celebrity would be to great each guest and offer them a coupon to go at your own leisure to pick up that glass at any specific bar. 

Voila 

vote me for new CEO 😂 

Sea Ya 

Eric 

I never have an issue juggling a drink or two even with carry on. 😆 🥂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2