Most Scenic NCL Cruises?

JustAPilot

What do you guys think? Having done the Adriatic cruise, Croatia, Dubrovnik, Split, really beautiful opening the curtains in the morning and looking out your balcony while pulling into port. Naples Italy, Corsica France on the Med itinerary is also another favourite of mine. Having a Peroni or Kronenbourg while pulling out of those ports is another favourite of mine. 

• Like 2

We have done The Med, Hawaii, Alaska and Caribbean and I would say that Alaska was our most scenic cruise and I didn't want to go to Alaska as I wanted a warm weather cruise!

And Hawaii would be a close second choice

But my opinion might change after our Greek Isles cruise coming up this summer!

• Like 1

I've sailed around/through the Hawaiian Islands about a hundred times (seriously).

I've sailed the fjords of Norway.

Sailed many rivers in Europe.

Nothing - in my opinion - NOTHING - comes close to Alaska.  Every morning, I'd awake and sit on the balcony being an early riser.  As I reentered the room DW would say, "there's no way it's more spectacular than yesterday..."

And sure enough, every single day I'd pull the curtains back, and the views were simply amazing.  Just stunning.

This is, of course, somewhat weather dependent.  There is no place on earth like AK.  And I say this as a professional mariner who has literally sailed all around the world.

• Like 17

36 minutes ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

Nothing - in my opinion - NOTHING - comes close to Alaska.  Every morning, I'd awake and sit on the balcony being an early riser.  As I reentered the room DW would say, "there's no way it's more spectacular than yesterday..."

And sure enough, every single day I'd pull the curtains back, and the views were simply amazing.  Just stunning.

This is, of course, somewhat weather dependent.  There is no place on earth like AK.  And I say this as a professional mariner who has literally sailed all around the world.

Agree that Alaska is beautiful, leaving for #5 Alaska cruise in a few weeks, #6 later this summer.  But then there's Antarctica - and they have penguins!

• Like 5

Norwegian fjords, Hawaii, New Zealand, Greek Islands in that order.  But we have not done Alaska yet.  Best sail-in was Malta. Will be doing that sail-in to Stockholm in June.  Most scenic sail outs have been Venice, Sydney (Australia) and New York.

Edited by Travelling2Some
  • Like 1

Most scenic sail away was cruising out of Venice ( when it was still allowed).  Opera blaring in the Observation lounge, seeing all the beautiful buildings glide by as you slowly cruise thru the Canal.  

Most scenic cruise is of course, Alaska.  Just beauty for days and nights.  

• Like 6

Since we've only done 2; On the NCL Star out of Venice-Montenegro, Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, Dubrovnik & because of airline snafu, got an extra 2 days at AA's expense with a whole day in Treviso, Italy. 2nd was the Pride of America Hawaii cruise. Both were so different, impossible to pick a favorite. Looking forward to adding the beauty of Alaska Inner Passage in June on the Bliss. Have December scheduled on the Epic with 2 days in Rome before heading to Israel with stops in Florence,Naples,Athens, Kusadasi & Istanbul Turkey, Patmos & Rhodes, Greece, Limassol, Cyprus, Jerusalem & Tel Aviv. I seriously doubt there will be one that stands out over the others. Each will have it's special place in my memory, based on the 2 we've experienced so far.

• Like 2

For me it was definitely Antarctica followed by Alaska, Norwegian Fjords.  I agree with the "sail-in" to Malta, exquisite!  Next year will be sailing to Japan, Southeast Asia, Australia and a transpacific back to Alaskan ports I haven't been to.  I am sure that these will offer many more stunning vistas.

Genzi

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

For me it was definitely Antarctica followed by Alaska, Norwegian Fjords.  I agree with the "sail-in" to Malta, exquisite!  Next year will be sailing to Japan, Southeast Asia, Australia and a transpacific back to Alaskan ports I haven't been to.  I am sure that these will offer many more stunning vistas.

Genzi

LOL, great minds think alike. Just back from Antarctica, going to Alaska (again) soon, went to Norway a few years ago.  

Bookd on the Japan to Alaska transpacific next April, Australia to Indonesia next December.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, julig22 said:

LOL, great minds think alike. Just back from Antarctica, going to Alaska (again) soon, went to Norway a few years ago.  

Bookd on the Japan to Alaska transpacific next April, Australia to Indonesia next December.

I'm sailing on the NCL Jewel Japan & transpacific next year and on the NCL Spirit Australia to Bali & Bali to Singapore next December 🙂 Are you on those sailings?

Genzi

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigRedFan said:

I'm sailing on the NCL Jewel Japan & transpacific next year and on the NCL Spirit Australia to Bali & Bali to Singapore next December 🙂 Are you on those sailings?

Genzi

2 out of 3, not continuing with Bali to Singapore. 

A taste of Asia, plus northern Alaska - been booked since they first posted it (still paying DSC rates from 2 increases back!).  And I've been waiting for awhile to find a cruise that actually spends time in Australia - not the usual NZ with a side of Sydney!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Do you know which port in Tokyo the Jewel is sailing out of next April, we are booked on the transpacific leaving on April 10th and are trying to book a hotel as we will be arriving a few days before departure date.  In an online chat, the NCL rep said we would be departing from Yokohama, and then in the next breath told me to check our itinerary for exact details as they have two terminals.  Everything I have found online suggests that we are going from Tokyo port and not Yokohama, the itinerary does not say.

Thank you.

Jane

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 7:32 PM, julig22 said:

Hi @julig22 Did you write about your Antarctica cruise? I appreciate your posts and would love to hear about this cruise.

• Like 1