The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday May 1st, 2023

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!

Good morning, everyone!

It is a chilly day here in mid-Michigan.  Projected high is in the 40s with rain possible.  Same tomorrow.  There is a dry period here this morning, so I will get my walk in.  

Today's meal should give the air fryers a workout.  I no longer have one.  I had an air fryer feature in the oven in my house in Ohio and that is where it remains.  So, I will do chicken parm the old fashioned way - in a skillet and the oven.  Here's one to get started:  https://www.julieseatsandtreats.com/air-fryer-chicken-parmesan/

chickenparmesanaf1.thumb.jpg.f900d2fd448944a2c559f28253b8d52e.jpg

Or there is this one:  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/air-fryer-chicken-parmesan/

chickenparmesanaf2.jpg.5c5824a7065a252760d7aecea1a34ab1.jpg

The Pioneer Woman offers us this version:  https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a39476632/air-fryer-chicken-parmesan-recipe/

chickenparmesanaf3.thumb.jpg.17406aa600dcca6a53e226a7f3b77bb1.jpg

I would have extra sauce available.  The air fryer will make the chicken crispy, but it looks a little dry to me.  

Special hugs to @kazu on the anniversary of Jose's passing.  I hope the warmth and caring from her Daily family can guide her through today.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 11

1 minute ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good, although we will have leftover chicken from the weekend.  The rain has stopped and it should turn into a nice day.

The Eurodam will arrive in Juneau today.   https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com
I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.07d41348f429ffe3d52c660a62f56a42.png

Sue and I say that every Monday morning.

• Like 14
  • Haha 9

Good morning, everyone. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet Report. 

I love my air fryer and make a wonderful air fryer chicken parmesan. 

I am off to the dentist for some more work. 

Everyone have a safe and healthy day. 

• Like 25

Good Monday morning,  thankfully it is rain here and not snow but at our cabin they are supposed to get at least a foot of snow.   Baltimore Orioles have arrived and between them and my house finches my jelly feeder was empty this morning needing a fill.  Suet cake was all gone too.   

I have some prep for the smaller garden club that I am a member for the meeting at my house on Wednesday.   At least it won't be raining just cool. 

My grandmother had a children's clothing store and it was named the Mother Goose Shop.   Looking forward to seeing Leis when we return to Hawaii in 2025,  never thought that would happen again.  Loyalty to our nation is extremely important and thanks for the detail on that @grapau27.   I will pass on all the comestibles,  the chicken sounds good but we don't have an air fryer.   @superoma thanks for keeping our cares and celebrations lists updated for us each day.   Prayers for all needing them and the people of Ukraine.   Have a nice Monday!  Nancy 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to all!  

Love my air fryer, spent a month in Gladstone (a friend I met when working in Dubai lived there) and rabbits - oh, rabbits!!

Thinking of @kazu today.  Hugs.

Have a great Monday.  4 weeks to official retirement!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nickelpenny said:

Good morning to all!  

Love my air fryer, spent a month in Gladstone (a friend I met when working in Dubai lived there) and rabbits - oh, rabbits!!

Thinking of @kazu today.  Hugs.

Have a great Monday.  4 weeks to official retirement!

Congratulations a little early on your official retirement in 4 weeks!  Yippee!

Edited to add:  Would you happen to have some photos from Gladstone to share?  We'd love to see some of it.

Our end of April was very rainy here and DH tells me he dumped 2.5 inches of rain out of the rain gauge last night.  Today is a sunny first of May so let's hope the nasty weather is over!  A friend just sent me this and I wanted to share with all here.  

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI9UO3gB0uHgGGDkmK7Qyn_VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1682945068

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1

I'll let Ellen know if I see her grandmother. I have an air fryer but it will probably be going bye-bye since I don't like using it. Chicken parmesan is something I could make at home only if either the chicken or the cheese were fake. No milk punch for me. Maybe on the wine. I haven't been to Gladsrone or anywhere in Australia.

Two mornings in a row that I did not awaken hours before I intended to! But it's Better Living Through Chemistry.

Today I need to bake for an event tomorrow--tahini and chocolate-chunk (or chip) cookies, from a recipe in the newspaper.

DIY-NoDIY.thumb.jpg.6b36348ad6a2c8e400b93397d639ed31.jpg

Today is Hawaiian Lei Day, Loyalty Day, and Mother Goose Day

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is. - Ellen DeGeneres

Meal Suggestion for today - Air-Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Drink of the Day - Bourbon Milk Punch
Wine of the Day - Te Mata Hawkes Bay Coleraine 2020
Destination of the Day - Gladsrone QLD, Queensland Australia

• Like 19
  • Haha 6

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit. 

I think that this is what you are supposed to say when you first get up?  My reality is, that my first words spoken, are "come on kitties, breakfast", then "ahh, coffee."

My first written words in the morning, are "Good Morning Dailyites".

So,

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!  We went over some helpful hints for our neighbor Donna yesterday, if she needs to fill if for Penny in the event that Penny cant make it over to care for the cats.  And today Penny comes over and we give her the info on caring for the cats.  Well Chuck will, I will be working.

@JazzyV's rough seas with out door decks being closed made me think-where do the smokers go on days like this? 

86768bc299bcc6f1b5a4663eece15c64.jpg

and @JazzyV, I'm sorry about your fall.  I hope that the knees are feeling better, and don't give you too much trouble walking when you are a "tourist". 

I cant tell if I'm getting excited or just nervous about our trip.  When I book a cruise, I am in control the whole time.  And usually I cruise from places I can drive to.  And I don't have to switch planes, I know what my cabin would look like, I don't have to fill an empty day with any plans to constantly be on the go-but this trip is completely different, and I have no idea what to expect.  Too many variables make me nervous.  I'm sure once I am on the ship, all those worries will immediately disappear, I just have to get to the ship.  DH talked to the tracfone people about  adding being in Canada to his phone, but we are not sure that it worked.  He does not think it works, and we wont know until we are there.  We need the phone to contact the BFF.

@kazuYou are in my heart and prayers today. 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, marshhawk said:

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit. 

I think that this is what you are supposed to say when you first get up?  My reality is, that my first words spoken, are "come on kitties, breakfast", then "ahh, coffee."

My first written words in the morning, are "Good Morning Dailyites".

So,

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!  We went over some helpful hints for our neighbor Donna yesterday, if she needs to fill if for Penny in the event that Penny cant make it over to care for the cats.  And today Penny comes over and we give her the info on caring for the cats.  Well Chuck will, I will be working.

@JazzyV's rough seas with out door decks being closed made me think-where do the smokers go on days like this? 

86768bc299bcc6f1b5a4663eece15c64.jpg

and @JazzyV, I'm sorry about your fall.  I hope that the knees are feeling better, and don't give you too much trouble walking when you are a "tourist". 

I cant tell if I'm getting excited or just nervous about our trip.  When I book a cruise, I am in control the whole time.  And usually I cruise from places I can drive to.  And I don't have to switch planes, I know what my cabin would look like, I don't have to fill an empty day with any plans to constantly be on the go-but this trip is completely different, and I have no idea what to expect.  Too many variables make me nervous.  I'm sure once I am on the ship, all those worries will immediately disappear, I just have to get to the ship.  DH talked to the tracfone people about  adding being in Canada to his phone, but we are not sure that it worked.  He does not think it works, and we wont know until we are there.  We need the phone to contact the BFF.

@kazuYou are in my heart and prayers today. 

I had a tracfone for years to use in Florida and it never did work for Canada. And to make a call from Alaska you had to use an 800 number first. Maybe it has changed. I no longer have the tracfone because we only do short stints in the USA, no winter, and I use what’s app (when wifi available) to make calls in the USA since my Canadian version of a tracfone like service doesn’t give me phone service outside of Canada. But I think you can contact each other over the navigator app. Someone who knows will come along and explain it.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

@superoma BFF has consumer cellular, and we have tracfone, and we are going to be in Vancouver for 4 days, flying in from different parts of the country, not arriving together, so I will tell him to leave a message at the front desk for us when he checks in.  He is supposed to arrive 4 hours earlier than us, but he has a very short layover in O'Hare, and bad weather flying from the NE.  He may arrive 4 hours after us. 

277002-Monday-Morning-Coffee.jpg

img_0869.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 21
  • Haha 6

Rabbit, Rabbit, white rabbit

Good Morning from a sunny and warm day at the beach

Finally it looks like our weather has cleared. Had a beautiful launch last nite of the Falcon Heavy. Really lit up the sky!

Great collection of days. Cant believe it is May already. Dont have an air fryer but thinking of getting one.

We were in Gladstone on our 2022 Australian circumnavigation. It was a substitute port ( we had many). We were the first ship at the new terminal.  We were welcomed warmly and with great ceremony. I will post some pictures. We just walked around but enjoyed it. The port area is really pretty with picnic areas and playgrounds. There were several vendors set up and a big bar/restaurant. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 26

15 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@superoma BFF has consumer cellular, and we have tracfone, and we are going to be in Vancouver for 4 days, flying in from different parts of the country, not arriving together, so I will tell him to leave a message at the front desk for us when he checks in.  He is supposed to arrive 4 hours earlier than us, but he has a very short layover in O'Hare, and bad weather flying from the NE.  He may arrive 4 hours after us. 

277002-Monday-Morning-Coffee.jpg

img_0869.jpg

What’s app will work if you both have the app. When you are not connected to wifi it will use your data but it can work between android and iPhones. It might be worth downloading. I use it to message with my DSILs in the USA and Germany since they use android phones and I have an iPhone

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Daily-ites.

Rabbit. White rabbit!

Thinking of you Jacqui.

Helping our friend again today packing up things left from her sale a few weeks ago. Then we will go out to get Indian food.

I have an air fryer and will try the last recipe on Debbie's list.

My heart goes out to the innocents caught between the fighting. 

Prayers said for all in the prayer list. Hoping Vanessa feels better each day. Wishing everyone recovering a thoughtful prayer as well.

Have a blessed day. Be kind.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

I know a lot of the posters here like the rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit greeting for the first of each month.  However, I think we all need to be a little more inclusive, so we don't leave anyone out.  I am suggesting that we also allow the following greeting.  Squirrel, Squirrel, Grey Squirrel, for those of us who are nuts.  Just a thought.

• Like 4
  • Haha 28

55 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Edited to add:  Would you happen to have some photos from Gladstone to share?  We'd love to see some of it.

I probably do (and should) but they would be in the myriad files on a large external hard drive!!  Cataloging all my pics of the last 15 or so years is the #1 priority for me once I have more time.

And THANKS! for the Congrats!!

• Like 17

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!  Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We recently bought a bunch of silk flower leis, as the theme for our Summerfest this year will be Hawaiian Nights.  I think loyalty is an honourable trait.  Mother Goose books used to be a staple in houses when I was a child - today they're rarely found.  

Another bright sunshiny day out there this morning, with just a bit of a breeze blowing.  It'll be a nice morning for us to take off for a visit to our favourite greenhouse that opens for the first time this season.  We're looking for King Tut Papyrus plants, as they did so well for us last year, but who knows what else will strike our fancy once we get in there.

Well yesterday didn't go as planned - the deck was all clean and tidy, ready for the executive meeting, when we got a phone call that the president had been taken to hospital because of a bad back.  It's something he's been dealing with for a number of months (and of course he wouldn't go to a doctor),  but yesterday he literally could not get out of bed, so his wife called the ambulance to find out what's really going on.   Because his wife is the financial officer, that meant the meeting has been postponed to a later date and we had a lovely clean deck all to ourselves.  I took a photo just to show that we can clean it up nicely - and will keep it that way for the summer, after having used it for months as our winter storage unit. 

Deck1.JPG.386e6c7cebdd6a1e2ee219ddfad981a0.JPG  

Special thoughts go out to @kazu as she goes through today, the first anniversary of Jose's passing.  

@JazzyV I hope your knees heal quickly and you won't be hobbling around for long.

I've been to Gladstone, but it was a small town in Manitoba, Canada, not Australia.  I'll pass on the drink of the day, and yowie on the price of the wine!!!!  I have an air fryer and really like it - it isn't the basket type, it's a combination air fryer / toaster oven that I use to bake cakes/muffins in during the summer when it resides on the deck.   I won't be using it today though, because DH has said he'll uncover the barbecue and wants to cook up some smokies for us.  It'll be smokies and coleslaw for us on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1