Guys fries are generic…here’s proof!

CeleBrat

On the Celebration this week, and I can 100% confirm that Guy’s fries have been “dumbed down” so that they are just regular fries with a slight dusting of spice.

Picture from 15 minutes ago.

Pure sadness…

3DE9D5DF-1D4A-40FD-AEAE-5D709314E543.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Yeah they went from the delicious, tender, fresh cut fries to Ore-Ida. It's really sad. Especially since they stopped serving mushrooms too.

Mmmmmm mushrooms.  I loved their mushrooms.  I would just go get a spoonful to put on my plate as a side.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Mmmmmm mushrooms.  I loved their mushrooms.  I would just go get a spoonful to put on my plate as a side.

Me too, I loved them. Heald said it's because people just didn't eat enough of them and they were throwing away too many. I miss them

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mz-s said:

Me too, I loved them. Heald said it's because people just didn't eat enough of them and they were throwing away too many. I miss them. I guess after they throw away all the spa fliers, unpurchased photos, and uneaten mushrooms their trash cans are full.

Dang, if I had known that I would have taken more.  I always tried to just take a spoonful as a side, because I know they were meant more to be a topping on a burger and I didn't want to scarf them all up eating them as a side dish.

Bring back the mushrooms!  I WILL EAT MORE! 

• Like 1

Just now, wemjam said:

Dang, if I had known that I would have taken more.  I always tried to just take a spoonful as a side, because I know they were meant more to be a topping on a burger and I didn't want to scarf them all up eating them as a side dish.

Bring back the mushrooms!  I WILL EAT MORE! 

Even if they keep the mushrooms behind the counter like the bacon, I'm cool with that. I don't mind asking for my spoonful of 'shrooms.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mz-s said:

Yeah they went from the delicious, tender, fresh cut fries to Ore-Ida. It's really sad. Especially since they stopped serving mushrooms too.

They can't be both generic and Ore-Ida brand. But they are good!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Wait, what?  No mushrooms?!  What's next, bacon?  I don't think Guy would approve.

After all the various gyrations in Guy's and still not back to the original my opinion is that they could serve poop and Guy would approve as long as he got paid.

Most times the fries they serve these days are not bad, but they are not Guy's. It is like if the French had a shortage of grapes and started making champagne with California grapes. Might be good, but the name champagne would then mean "whatever is cheap and available" which is what Guy's now means to me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Wait, what?  No mushrooms?!  What's next, bacon?  I don't think Guy would approve.

As long as Guy continues to get his cut, I'd wager he couldn't care less  😉

Tom

• Like 4

Laugh while you can, folks. One day your favorite menu item or perk will be gone (or maybe it already is and you're down to your 5th or 6th favorite, just hoping Carnival doesn't cut any more) and everyone will mock you for mentioning it.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

I've never had an issue with the fries, they've always been tasty. I didn't even notice whether or not mushrooms were on the toppings bar or not a few weeks ago.

Haven't had the mushroom for a least a year or more. 😔

22 hours ago, wemjam said:

I also enjoyed the mushrooms as a side with one addition. I add the onions. Sooo good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TreyB said:

Not even worth cruising anymore. Plain fries. Sometimes no bacon in the Lido. No mushrooms for the burgers. Can’t stuff myself every evening in the MDR without paying $5 bucks starting with that third entree. What’s next?  Don’t tell me they are going to take away the midnight buffet or I’ll faint. 

I hate to break it to you....but don't worry; I'll catch you.

• Haha 2