Unhappy MCS customer

RaNKoR

Currently sailing with MSC and they decided to notify us 2 days into the cruise that our cabana we booked months ago for their private island was somehow accidentally sold to us even though we are not in a YC suite (we are in an auria suite). So we had to give it up. Apparently this happened to a bunch of people.

Not my f'ing fault the website let me book it 3 months ago.

Not happy!!!!! Might even be our main reason to switch back to RC.

7 minutes ago, RaNKoR said:

Currently sailing with MSC and they decided to notify us 2 days into the cruise that our cabana we booked months ago for their private island was somehow accidentally sold to us even though we are not in a YC suite (we are in an auria suite). So we had to give it up. Apparently this happened to a bunch of people.

Not a BIG deal. They did you a favor. There are 36 other cabanas/pergolas. The same as those on the YC beach. The other beach where these cabanas are is a MUCH better beach. Pictured are the pebbly beach impossible to walk over in bare feet at the YC beach. YCers are 'up in arms' complaining they have the worst beach on the island.

IMG_2112.thumb.jpg.e0305872cf6337c3007500d6aa72caa1.jpg

IMG_2324.thumb.jpg.57f2bc7c8bd423d842aaf3de534319d6.jpg

• Like 1

Did they give you a non-YC cabana or did you just lose out altogether? Looking at my upcoming sailings that stop at Ocean Cay, the Excursions page definitely indicates that the YC cabanas are Yacht Club Exclusive, so I wouldn't even have thought to try to book one.

• Like 1

I feel if I somehow accidentally booked a YC thing knowing I wasn't YC, I would have an inkling that maybe it wouldn't go through. I could see taking a chance and seeing if they'd honor the mistake but I don't think I'd be surprised or let it ruin my mood if they didn't.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RaNKoR said:

Read the part about the website allowing you to do something... then question it.  The MSC website? WHAT?  It's always perfect 😉

11 hours ago, RaNKoR said:

So they oversold a Cabana you purchased months ago and you are leaving to switch back to a company that has repeatedly oversold their ships forcing people to cancel their cruise that they have planned for months?

Makes perfect sense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

I still don't get why you would spend $500 for that cabana if you are in YC, but to each his own.

We spent 50 years wondering the same thing about all the expensive extravaganzas we have differed til later in life. Then we were upgraded. First on an air flight to first class, then to an OS on the Marco Polo, then a villa at the Four Seasons and a Presidential suite at a hotel in Bali. Those were complimentary or at a very low price (PS in Bali $300 as was the villa) through a cruise line rep. Now my DW will not travel unless it is in top suites. Luckily  DW is not a 'beach' person and the high priced Hut we booked on a RCCL out island had so many insects crawling all over it that we opted to return to the ship. So any future island hut/pergola/cabana is out of our picture. Just make it a point in ones life to try something once before making a judgement. We were always one of those looking in to get a 'peek' at what we were missing. All the above were one and done.

Now in our 'twilight' years we want to experience what a $1500 pp/pd cabin on the Oceania Vista and Regent Grandeur and Explora 1 are all about and will compare them to MSC YC. They also may be one and done.

12 hours ago, RaNKoR said:

Currently sailing with MSC and they decided to notify us 2 days into the cruise that our cabana we booked months ago for their private island was somehow accidentally sold to us even though we are not in a YC suite (we are in an auria suite). So we had to give it up. Apparently this happened to a bunch of people

It could be worse. It could take months of fighting to get your refund.

So, this leaves me curious as to why you would say this. Did someone from MSC say that it was your fault? Did someone try to lay blame on you?

Sounds fair. However, I have to ask: what was the main reason that led you to switch from RC to MSC in the first place? What need/want was RC not meeting that steered you to try MSC?

Did you plan on being able to use the Yacht Club facilities or did you just want a cabana?

If you just want a cabana, there are several that are available that are not in the Yacht Club area and they are less expensive than the Yacht Club cabanas. 

If you planned on being in the Yacht Club area, your plan didn't work when MSC caught on. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, RaNKoR said:

I'm sorry, but this is funny. As a former crew member, this just tickles. 

#1 - you are on a cruise ship right now...so, why on earth are you wasting time posting on cruise critic?! You are wasting valuable dancing, drinking, and tanning time!

#2 - If the loss of a cabana makes you switch cruise lines...then, you wanted to return to RC in the first place and have been looking for an excuse. 

#3 - see #1 and get back to enjoying your cruise!!! 

Oy vey. Currently working at my desk - would happily trade you - even if you are in an Aurea suite... 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If you planned on being in the Yacht Club area, your plan didn't work when MSC caught on. 

That's a steep price for not even 24 hrs in YC.  My cruise in January was only $499 pp.

13 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Guess you missed this part when you booked it?

OCEAN VIEW YACHT CLUB CABANA (max 6 pax) - ONE DAY RENTAL (YC GUESTS EXCLUSIVE)

No reason to be "unhappy" with the cruise line.

Showing the booking option for a Yacht Club Cabana to a passenger with non-YC reservation is still confusing/misleading but rather a software problem. The offer could be legit if MSC wants to promote the Yacht Club and offers YC add-ons to non-YC passengers to get a feeling of the atmosphere and service in YC. How should the passenger know ?

• Like 1

rancor

răng′kər

noun

Bitter, long-lasting resentment; deep-seated ill will.

Sourness; bitterness.

Rankling malice or spitefulness; bitter animosity; in general, a soured or cankered disposition, inciting to vindictive action or speech; a nourished hatred or grudge.

An unusual name to choose ones avatar. Or perhaps just for this 'drive by'.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

59 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Showing the booking option for a Yacht Club Cabana to a passenger with non-YC reservation is still confusing/misleading but rather a software problem. The offer could be legit if MSC wants to promote the Yacht Club and offers YC add-ons to non-YC passengers to get a feeling of the atmosphere and service in YC. How should the passenger know ?

Yes. RaNKoR, appears to be a newbie. I wonder what RaNKoR's 'handle' is on RCCL.

Might I further suggest that RaNKoR, when booking their cabana with RCCL bring a can of "Raid" along with their suntan lotion.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

5 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We spent 50 years wondering the same thing about all the expensive extravaganzas we have differed til later in life. Then we were upgraded. First on an air flight to first class, then to an OS on the Marco Polo, then a villa at the Four Seasons and a Presidential suite at a hotel in Bali. Those were complimentary or at a very low price (PS in Bali $300 as was the villa) through a cruise line rep. Now my DW will not travel unless it is in top suites. Luckily  DW is not a 'beach' person and the high priced Hut we booked on a RCCL out island had so many insects crawling all over it that we opted to return to the ship. So any future island hut/pergola/cabana is out of our picture. Just make it a point in ones life to try something once before making a judgement. We were always one of those looking in to get a 'peek' at what we were missing. All the above were one and done.

Now in our 'twilight' years we want to experience what a $1500 pp/pd cabin on the Oceania Vista and Regent Grandeur and Explora 1 are all about and will compare them to MSC YC. They also may be one and done.

Oh those complimentary upgrades...that's how they get you!  We're recently retired and starting to travel more. Recently booked our flights for our September YC cruise on Seascape, fully expected we'd start flying coach again (that stopped back when we became empty nesters and of course, got good to us), but when I was informing my husband about the coach v. first fares, his response was his usual, "well by the time you add in baggage fees", "and the extra leg room is always nice." 

• Like 2