Diamond in room gifts no show

mousefan73

I’m diamond status  and currently on the Msc Fantasia. We are on day two now and I haven’t received my free gifts like the chocolate  and the macaroons. Should I say something or will they still come later? But in my past experience they were basically they’re on embarkation day. Or did they get rid of these?? 

on my last ceiling they also brought us a bottle of sparkling wine. Was this a fluke? Or also standard? I asked all these questions because I was just recently status match the diamond.

39 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Virtuosa 12th May sailing Chocolate day 5 and macaroons day 4

On the same sailing we had everything on the same day(think day 4). 😁

On 5/14 - 5/21 Seaside  We got the champagne/macaroons on day 2 and did not get the chocolate gifts nor VC gifts until we asked the Guest Relations on the last night before depart and received the chocolate bars (2) and 2 MSC pins after 7PM (Saturday night).

On Meraviglia in Dec 2022, we had to ask for those too and received 6 Venchi chocolate candies in place of the gifts.

If MSC does not want to carry through with these benefits they should stop to list them out all together.

• Like 3

We had the sparkling wine and macarons on Day 1, but I thought that was a YC thing--it wasn't until later I realized it was for being Diamond.  Towards the end of the cruise I received a 75% extra dark chocolate bar--tasted it when I got home and it was like eating baking chocolate.  I didn't know there were supposed to be other gifts.

Edited by hiccups

The only thing regular about the gifts is that their arrival is irregular.  The embarkation Prosecco is gone and you might get it, and the macaroons, at some point (day 3 or 4).  Chocolate bar, likely.  Drawstring bag - highly unlikely.

Check on it. We were a week into a 25 day (b2b) a yr ago before I checked on it. The agent at the VC desk said it had happened to a LOT of the passengers. I kept looking at my cruise card as it looked different: it was the blue card. 

@Morgsmom, 

Yep, we now have an even dozen of drawstring bags! We did come home with 4 more chocolate ships, though (one for each of us per cruise). It actually makes pretty good cooking chocolate. 

OP here! Well we are on day three now and this is our first port day after embarkation and 1C day. We just got back to the room from being out and about and we had our bottle of champagne, macaroons and chocolate bar don’t care about the bag I just wanted the alcohol lol. ( too cheap for the drink packages lol )

54 minutes ago, mousefan73 said:

OP here! Well we are on day three now and this is our first port day after embarkation and 1C day. We just got back to the room from being out and about and we had our bottle of champagne, macaroons and chocolate bar don’t care about the bag I just wanted the alcohol lol. ( too cheap for the drink packages lol )

Did you really get champagne?  It's always been prosecco when we sailed.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2023 at 4:10 PM, ChattTenn said:

2 MSC pins

What do these look like please? We have climbed the tiers from blue - silver - gold and have been diamond for a few years now but never received the pins. 

4 hours ago, Rhea98 said:

drawstring bags!

With a cruise or two every year over the last 12 years, we (family of 4 - all diamond) have plenty of the drawstring bags!

Just wish MSC had a variety of useful and meaningful privileges/gifts. The speciality meal is the only valuable diamond privilege/gift particularly for those going YC.

2 hours ago, mousefan73 said:

lol.  This is proof they read cruisecritic.com!!  😉

• Haha 1