Printing the set sail pass

21 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I have the app on my phone but would feel more secure printing it as well. Is it ok to take a snapshot and print out?

If you are worried about having an internet connection when you need to show your SetSail Pass.....take a screen shot of the pass and then it's safe in your photos.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

If you are worried about having an internet connection when you need to show your SetSail Pass.....take a screen shot of the pass and then it's safe in your photos.

Or buy an iPhone so you can save it to your wallet.  😉

• Like 1

I save to phone "wallet"   but I also print, cuz I am old and always know exactly where my "folder" is.   It has never once asked me for a password, a battery charge,  a finger print, etc.   Grin.   

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

We always print a copy just in case of some glich in the phone or trasmissions at the port on that day. The app check in is great but I always like to have a non tec backup in these situations. 

On 5/30/2023 at 10:27 PM, latebuyer said:

I have the app on my phone but would feel more secure printing it as well. Is it ok to take a snapshot and print out?

I am old school, so always print our Set Sail passes.  I know you can do them on the app, but I want my paper copy.

• Like 4

On 6/5/2023 at 3:05 PM, dna1990 said:

I save to phone "wallet"   but I also print, cuz I am old and always know exactly where my "folder" is.   It has never once asked me for a password, a battery charge,  a finger print, etc.   Grin.   

I'm with you on this!😁

Have you ever stood behind a dad trying to pull up the set sail passes for everyone in his family?  We quickly hand over our passports with setsail pass inside.  Allowed to move forward quickly.  Much faster. 

• Like 1

Just now, njkruzer said:

Have you ever stood behind a dad trying to pull up the set sail passes for everyone in his family?  We quickly hand over our passports with setsail pass inside.  Allowed to move forward quickly.  Much faster. 

A dad? No. A mom? Several times.

2 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

This may be a stupid question but is the sailing pass and passport all you need to board, other than filling medical questionnaire the day before? It seems too easy.

These days yes.  At least for most cruises.  Not sure if any cruises to Australia still need covid vaccines. 

2 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

This may be a stupid question but is the sailing pass and passport all you need to board, other than filling medical questionnaire the day before? It seems too easy.

Yes, that’s all you need. It has been that way for a long time. I guess you could add you have to pass the security screening. 

I'm a printer.  A person who prints paper boarding passes to board a plane or a ship.

If I don't then right at the possibly worst time I'll drop my phone and it will either shatter then stop working or bounce with perfect precision and go into a storm drain.

By printing on paper I ward of the evil spirits who would cause me to fumble my ever increasingly expensive device.  I have my paper copy in my pocket with my passport where it's safe.  I can whip it out in record time as opposed to unlocking my device, going into the gallery, clearing the pop up notification of whatever newsworthy world event just occurred (seriously Britney Spears did it again?) before finding the screenshot of my setsail pass.  

I'm old.  Set in my ways.  Oh well.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

A dad? No. A mom? Several times.

Spotted a dad starting the swiping process before spouse and I moved to another line to quickly board the ship with our paper boarding passes. He had about 7 folks in his group behind him as he was trying to start swiping the process.

39 minutes ago, baileybrad said:

Spotted a dad starting the swiping process before spouse and I moved to another line to quickly board the ship with our paper boarding passes. He had about 7 folks in his group behind him as he was trying to start swiping the process.

In San Pedro last year, they had people outside the terminal quasi-enforcing check-in times. We were behind one group scrambling to find their passes to show to the agent. So we politely asked the woman if we could go past them since she clearly wasn't prepared. The lady got quite mad that we dare suggest such a thing.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Haha 1

Got stuck behind a guy swiping his phone on our last cruise. The reception person finally told him to step aside because a line was forming. He had three other people trying to help him. We always take a print copy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, njkruzer said:

I've stood behind people who can't find their paperwork and are rifling through their folders much more.  The set sail passes are usually in my experience if in same cabin linked so they just do bar code 1x.  Has been my experience on Celebrity, Royal and Carnival.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I've stood behind people who can't find their paperwork and are rifling through their folders much more.  The set sail passes are usually in my experience if in same cabin linked so they just do bar code 1x.  Has been my experience on Celebrity, Royal and Carnival.

That's typically the new cruiser who thinks they have to print the entire 23 page eDocs.  However a new cruiser is also likely to struggle with an app so the reality new to cruise will always be the ones packing passports in suitcases or having stuff all over the place since they are unaware what to expect.  

IME when someone is fumbling and delaying everyone else it's often the person on the phone and more often than not someone who didn't think to screenshot anything. 

I'll never forget the brains at Apple who though it was a great idea to automatically lock your phone if if turned it downward like you have to do when scanning your boarding pass boarding to get on a plane.  Doh!

• Like 1